• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

sflufan

Banned
Err... sleeping dogs is $16 on GMG right now. Is that steamworks? Also are there any coupons I can use? Sorry if already answered, thread is monster.

edit: wth? clicking on it on their website takes me to hitman. Searching for it and going there has it at $50. I confused.

Yes, Sleeping Dogs is a Steamworks title.

nexen

:(
Wanted Miasmata

So... I Am Alive? What say you, GAF? Worth $5?

Does it have any new/interesting gameplay mechanics and/or a good story? Or is it emotionally resonant?

DagsJT

Green Man Gaming is so worthless to me.

Pays with Paypal balance.

"We're sorry, this transaction has been declined. Some banks thing GMG is an offshore gambling site."

The next GMG transaction that goes through for me will literally be my first. It's just a time sink that NEVER works for me.

Without bothering to go through the next few pages and seeing if there's a reply, are you trying to buy from your workplace/a proxy? I had that problem and it was because the proxy server in work wasn't letting the IP address be known to GMG. Because GMG couldn't verify my IP, they come up with some standard "declined" email.

:(
Wanted Miasmata

So... I Am Alive? What say you, GAF? Worth $5?

Does it have any new/interesting gameplay mechanics and/or a good story? Or is it emotionally resonant?

I enjoyed it quite a bit.

The combat is interesting because you use fear to take out your enemies one by one. Resources such as food and ammo are also very limited, you even have to use your saves sparingly.

nexen

I enjoyed it quite a bit.

The combat is interesting because you use fear to take out your enemies one by one. Resources such as food and ammo are also very limited, you even have to use your saves sparingly.

Bought. Thanks!

edit: so far this steam sale is kind of weak for me. I'm tempted to just go blow the rest of my entertainment budget on the amazing GOG sale.

M.D

FUCK FUCK FUCK

I knew something would go wrong.

I'm using a Visa card that you can charge one time for up to $250 for my online purchases. I had one and used it all up.

Went to the mail to get a new card with $175, and the girl tells me their system have crashed and they can't do anything. I'll get it on Sunday, I'm just hoping I won't miss out on some good deals.

Continuing this post - Would someone mind buying Monkey Island for me, and I will return the money via PayPal on Sunday?

I thought about just using my normal credit card, but I've never used it for anything online before, so I'm a little worried :/ Plus, I don't know that it will work since I live in Israel and I don't know if my particular card can be used outside the country.

sflufan

Banned
Steamworks is an incredible deal for Amazon and GMG.

They get 100% of the revenue from the sale of the game and practically 0% of the costs associated with the downloading the game as you can be pretty much assurmed that everyone will download the game from Steam itself.

Valve -- on the other hand -- gets 0% of the revenue from the sale of the game and 100% of the costs associated with the downloading of the game from Steam.

Petrie

Banned
I really like it. Started playing with the Alpha in Chrome.

Do you think the starter pack is a worthwhile investment?

Steamworks is an incredible deal for Amazon and GMG.

They get 100% of the revenue from the sale of the game and practically 0% of the costs associated with the downloading the game as you can be pretty much assurmed that everyone will download the game from Steam itself.

Valve -- on the other hand -- gets 0% of the revenue from the sale of the game and 100% of the costs associated with the downloading of the game from Steam.

Except for the part where they lose money selling a lot of these games as loss-leaders. Amazon almost certainly does this with a lot of their deals.

Fantasmo

I'm having a hard time justifying Tales of Monkey Island complete pack for almost $9. I already beat it on PS3, but I was thinking of double dipping since I plan on using my PC from now on. Will it go any lower or return at some point?

I have like 15 minutes to decide :-/

luxarific

Nork unification denier
They have this:
n8aPl.png

And no icon means you may try using a controller but its hell.

Thanks - I think I'll get it. I already have the 360 version, but I enjoyed PoP 2008 so much I want to play it again on the god machine. (And you never know, perhaps good sales will convince Ubi to give us a real sequel to PoP 2008. *hopes*)

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Forgeeeeeee :_:

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I'm having a hard time justifying Tales of Monkey Island complete pack for almost $9. I already beat it on PS3, but I was thinking of double dipping since I plan on using my PC from now on. Will it go any lower or return at some point?

I have like 15 minutes to decide :-/

Although I think both games are easily "worth it" at $9, there's still a good chance they will be featured as a daily or show up as a flash deal.

Fantasmo

Although I think both games are easily "worth it" at $9, there's still a good chance they will be featured as a daily or show up as a flash deal.

I'm talking about Telltale's Tales of Monkey Island, not the original Special Editions (which I bought last night for less than $4).
And like I said, I own the PS3 version of ToMI.

You really think they'll be back?

Facism

steam sale is terrible atm

nothing i want for the prices i want :'<

Come on £15 Dark Souls, i'm waiting for you.

I had the same question a week ago when I was looking for something like Homeworld. Someone answered that Nexus -- while not like Homeworld -- is a decent space strategy game with great battles.

I bought it yesterday and fiddled with the tutorial mission. So far I can see that it's going to be pretty deep. Lots of toggles and knobs on screen!

i played it this year (really lttp) and its fantastic. also aged incredibly well.

Thanks guys, think I'll bite!

OH wow, Dungeons is mega cheap too. Loads of 'stealth' bargains.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom