• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Petrie

Banned
For the new page?

Just say the $8 Enchantress deal posted on the last page, and it looks interesting, but I've only ever been into games like FFT and such, never played anything quite like it. Is there something more mainstream I might be familiar with to compare it to?

Sarcasm

Amazon only taxes if the address would have so.

I didn't see the no season pass in steam..is there more dlc coming out? If so kinda sucks.

Wait looking at the list of DLC in steam and what you supposedly get from the season pass..your only missing out on armor.

The TWO DLC that you get with it are already out and part of steam pack.

Anyone have recommendations on the Tom Clancy games? Looking for some good co-op/multiplayer games that were ported well and have minimal DRM.

Splinter Cell Chaos Theory co-op is great. Also the rest of that game is ridiculously amazing.

What do you people have to say about HAWX 1/2?

I've only played HAWX 2, but it seems pretty cool. Not a flight sim by any means, but it's a good time.

Aaron

For the new page?

Just say the $8 Enchantress deal posted on the last page, and it looks interesting, but I've only ever been into games like FFT and such, never played anything quite like it. Is there something more mainstream I might be familiar with to compare it to?
It's basically Civilization crossed with FFT. If you like fantasy and strategy it's very fun, and it's also very customization so you can choose how difficult you want each element of the game to be.

6a00e554ad49248833011570866384970b-800wi

Only one who's posted, but this is like... instant win. PM email/steam ID and I'll gift you the game. :)

So I have Darksiders already but I want to buy the franchise pack to get 2 and all the dlc. Would that copy of DS1 become giftable or is it just lost at that point?

Petrie

Banned
It's basically Civilization crossed with FFT. If you like fantasy and strategy it's very fun, and it's also very customization so you can choose how difficult you want each element of the game to be.

I enjoy Civ, but not in a hardcore way. FFT I got into much more hardcore. It sounds like this could be a game for me though.

Does it have a story or is is like Civ in that manner?

Sarcasm

So I have Darksiders already but I want to buy the franchise pack to get 2 and all the dlc. Would that copy of DS1 become giftable or is it just lost at that point?

Lost. Just get it on amazon..

For anybody new it doesn't matter where you buy it..since the 2 DLC that's included in the season pass is out already and part of franchise pack in steam. Season Pass is basically two short DLC dungeons and some unique armor.

If your new - doesn't matter.

If you have 1 already (or possibly even DSII)..amazon.

nexen

Anyone have recommendations on the Tom Clancy games? Looking for some good co-op/multiplayer games that were ported well and have minimal DRM.

I fucking LOVE Vegas 2. Played the hell out of it on x360, both solo and co-op.

Rainbow Six 3 is super awesome as well, but it is a bit more unforgiving and dated looking.

Only one who's posted, but this is like... instant win. PM email/steam ID and I'll gift you the game. :)

Everyone knew better than to compete with this.

Mrbob

For the new page?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=fallen+enchantress

Non jokingly, the game is a mix of Civ with tactical battles. There are plenty of maps to play in skirmish, but I'm currently in the campaign mode which I'm finding extremely enjoyable. The campaign has a bigger focus on hero units. It's fun seeing them go from point A to where they are at now. Being able to upgrade stats, abilities, spells, weapons, armor. Plus there is kingdom building aspect to the game.

There is a little bit of a learning curve with the game. Probably took me about 5 hours to get comfortable with most of the game systems. It's not really a game you can just dive into and know everything off the bat, but it is well put together.

didamangi

Would really appreciate it if someone help me get Fallen Enchantress for $8 or less (I think there's a -5% code: IAMANELDERGEEK)

Will pay via paypal :)

Aaron

I enjoy Civ, but not in a hardcore way. FFT I got into much more hardcore. It sounds like this could be a game for me though.

Does it have a story or is is like Civ in that manner?
There's a mode with a story and one without it. The story mode is more restrictive in what you can do in the game, but it's for the best for someone new to the game anyway.

nexen

How are the Rainbow 6 games on PC? I really liked both Vegas games on 360.

For the Vegas games the gameplay is a little more unforgiving but otherwise they are exactly the same as the x360 versions, just better framerate and resolution (as long as your rig is modern)

edit: note I've only played Vegas 2 on PC, but I expect it holds for Vegas 1 as well. Vegas 2 has sprint so it is the superior version anyways.

Quick warning for anyone considering Psychonauts for Mac: there was a series of updates some months back that basically totally broke it for many (most?) Mac users, and it doesn't seem super likely that it'll get fixed anytime soon.

Derrick01

Banned
Warning people to stay way from darksiders 2. You have nothing but disappointment ahead of you, even more so if you liked Darksiders 1.

Which older Splinter Cell is good? Only want to buy one.

Chaos Theory. One of the 3 best stealth games of all time.

Edit: Yeah, Chaos Theory. Easy.

Is there anyway to redeem a Steam key from Amazon as a giftable version, or do I just have to send my friend the key itself?

Oh nice, I didn't even realize the splinter cell games were part of today's daily deals. Think I will pick up Chaos Theory as well, never played it even though I love stealth games.

Munin

Why do the older Call of Duty titles never go on sale even though they're basically made obsolete with each subsequent release? Black Ops 1 still costs full price, wtf

M*A*S*H

Probably worth pointing out that the double fine pack itself (with psychonauts, iron brigade, stacking and costume quest) is also 75% off. Quite a bargain if you don't many or any of those titles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom