• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.
With this and the Far Cry 3 for 7€ thing a few days ago the best deals of the holiday awards go to GamersGate and Gamestop/Impulse. Unless EA steps in again this will be hard to beat.

Who would have thought.

Xyber

All the Frostivus gifts I got in dota today payed for To The Moon. Been thinking about buying that for a long time but I never got to it, so I finally did it now that I didn't actually have to pay anything for it.

1-D_FTW

For those with Amazon January coupons:

Hitman will be $19.99 and Dark Souls will be $17.99 until 1/5. Hitman isn't currently on the EC list, but maybe they'll add it later.

You know if Kingdom of Amalur is going to be on that?

EDIT: Nevermind. I see the thread you're getting this from.

Tame

damn you americans and your large population wanting the same thing as me and damn you gamergate and your overloaded servers.......i want to go to bed

got through to the paypal portion then it threw a hissyfit again

*shakes fist at monitor

So, nobody got their games yet. And we don't know if they are separate keys, or steam keys at all. Or if they activate outside USA since GamersGate is USA only.

Reminding again: IAMANELDERGEEK for an extra 1.44$ discount.

Doomrider

You know if Kingdom of Amalur is going to be on that?

I remember reading that the games on the Editor's Choice list are based on sales performance, so I doubt Amalur will end up on the list. Just speculating, though.

Which is a shame, because I can't buy it right now. Oh well, as long as they repeat the deal later on, which is also something that may not happen. shrug

So, nobody got their games yet. And we don't know if they are separate keys, or steam keys at all. Or if they activate outside USA since GamersGate is USA only.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding something, but Gamersgate isn't USA only.

All of this is wrong lol.
People on reddit already got their keys. All individual. All Steam. (Maybe 1 or 2 exceptions)
And they activate everywhere. GG is actually based in Sweden.

It's crazy that this deal is still live (barely).

Hitman will be $19.99 and Dark Souls will be $17.99 until 1/5. Hitman isn't currently on the EC list, but maybe they'll add it later.
Do those credits stack? I swear I have like $60 on those credits for January.

Dambrosi

Banned

So, Dark Souls PC for $12.99, which works out at £8? ...I'd buy that for a dollar!

Or thirteen, even, and only if it's on "The List" *dun dun duuuuuuun*

Also, for anyone who managed to get that on-again-off-again Bethesda pack and has a spare of either RAGE or Doom 3 BFG key for $5 or less, PM me.

metalshade

Reminding again: IAMANELDERGEEK for an extra 1.44$ discount.

I have gamersgate.co.uk, so it isnt usa only.

Took forever to get through but I finally managed to get to Paypal. Entered my info and was supposed to be taken back to GamersGate, but the page kept crashing. Refreshed it twice and finally got an e-mail confirming the payment went through. Hopefully I didn't pay them multiple times. Doubt I did, but I'm paranoid like that.

What's their refund policy?

You mean if they honor deals of if you can return games?
There were quite a few other price mistakes on GG today and to my knowledge they honored all of them.

Since you have to manually click a button on the site to get your keys, I think they'll give you a refund if you didn't do that yet. But why would you want to lol

Got an email from Paypal though the confirmation page is still loading.

Forgot the code but if I get the deal I'm not going to cry over a buck.

XShagrath

Went all the way to Paypal and timed out. When I got the checkout screen to pop back up, it said my cart was empty.

What's the best plan of attack at that page? Just keep hitting the "confirm" button or whatever at the bottom until it takes?

Cbajd5

Got an email from Paypal though the confirmation page is still loading.

Forgot the code but if I get the deal I'm not going to cry over a buck.

Nothing's shown up from Paypal for me yet and the confirmation page still won't load.

AUGH

Edit: Oh the e-mail just showed up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom