• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I know I should be buying the games on my wishlist (on Daily Sales/Flash Deals/Community Choices, of course), but the Orcs Must Die franchise pack is really tempting. In fact, of all the games I bought this sale, only one of them was on my wishlist.

And one of the games that already was, and was featured as a Daily (I Am Alive), I decided to skip for now in hopes to seeing it cheaper in the future.

steveovig

Couldn't help but buy Sim City from this sale as I hadn't played it in a few years and now I'm hooked on Steam. Now, I just have to buy a 360 controller converter and I can play some other stuff. Also bought The Binding of Isaac and I like that too but I hate using the keyboard.

BTW, not sure if anyone has noticed (or even cares), but from what I can tell, it seems like the Bethesda Collection at GG was supposed to be 70% off. But through some internal mistake, it takes off an additional 70% afterwards. This leaves you with a 91% discount. GamersGate has made this kind of mistake in the past, most recently with The Walking Dead two months ago. Seems like they still haven't learned.

And I assume we'll see similar results during the rest of their sale too.
Noticed that even Elder Scrolls Bundle on their site is more expensive than the Bethesda bundle.

Type2

I give up, im going to go play dishonored and pretend every character is the internet. If anybody manages to snag an extra bundle and wants to pm me so my Christmas gifting is easier... you know where ill be!

Minion101

Banned
God I really have nothing to buy this year. Maybe I should make a new Steam account and start buying games on that so I can feel normal.

At this point I have the confirmation email from Gamersgate and a Gamersgate payment confirmation page that is supposed to redirect to paypal, but has timed out and seems stuck. Fortunately, the 'Click here if you are not redirected within 10 seconds' link is still available and I can click through it to get to paypal. Unfortunately, I have clicked through and confirmed the order ~10 times and it times out every time.

What do you think my odds are of actually getting this?

Update: I have received a paypal confirmation email. Sweet.

I only really want Dishonored from that bundle. Not sure if it's worth the trouble of brute forcing the site, and parsing out codes...

Yet I continue to F5...

drizzle

Axel Hertz
How do I remove one game from my cart? I have two copies of it, but I don't want two copies of it, I just want one, and the page doesn't load completly for me to actually find a way to remove one of them from the cart.

I can only "clear cart" entirely.

Isaccard

At this point I'm just clicking in circles. I get the confirmation e-mail and a link to finish the order. When that link loads, I try to confirm yet again, if it works, I get another page about a confirmation e-mail.

fuuuck.

could someone please buy me the bundle? I will send you a steam voucher code for the same amount.

pleaseee

people are having trouble just trying to buy it for themselves.

Relax.MX

If someone have a extra Skyrim or Dishonored key im here to trade is the only games i want of the bundle, i know its a long shot but well XO

OUR WALLETS ARE NO LONGER SAFE, EVEN WHEN NOT AT A PC
isMtNKOyPTexc.PNG

:Captain Falcon Voice: YESSSS

PaulLFC

Just bought Stealth Bastard since it's 50% off at GetGames. Damage so far:

Endwar - £1.74
HAWX 2 - £1.99
Orcs Must Die 2 Complete Pack £4.74
Resident Evil 5 £3.50
Devil May Cry 4 £1.69
Stealth Bastard Deluxe £3.50

Total: £17.16

Not bad.

Omiee

I would be shitting myself over that bundle if I didn't already have either Dishonoured or Skyrim.

I really need that bundle since.

I would really apreciate it if somebody has a second one in his cart.

i will like i said in earlier posts be willing to give you a steam voucher for the same amount.

Well, I got the bundle! Games are in my account.

I do have some keys to sell.

Dishonored
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion GotY Deluxe
Fallout 3
Fallout New Vegas

Mairu

Looked like I got through then it died on the way back from Paypal - doesn't look like I got charged although I got an email from gamersgate saying order is complete pending payment :/

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I don't understand why there's such an obsession with the Ys games. I tried the Ys Origin demo and not only I did not like it, it also got stuck on my games list when accessed from my Steam profile. Any chance someone knows how to remove it?

Kerub

Banned
I really need that bundle since.

I would really apreciate it if somebody has a second one in his cart.

i will like i said in earlier posts be willing to give you a steam voucher for the same amount.

I would but it's impossible to get the gamersgate page to load.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom