• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calidor

Damage so far: 15$

Grabbed a couple of torchlights with another gaffer, and I was tempted to grab sim city 4 dx as well, but I guess that im holding for simcity online.

Probably will end buying xcom and magic 2013 dlc if it goes on the daily deals / flash sales

Sarquiss_

Finally got my email verified. So 1 hurdle has been conquered :p

Now here's hoping PayPal works properly

EDIT: I will see if I can grab another bundle to help a fellow gaffer out. Wish me luck

LuuKyK

Wait. Half Life 2 didn't win? I am disappoint. :\ Oh well, this is not the time I will be playing it for the first time.

metalshade

I live in the UK, but I made an american amazon account. Used it the other day for a pack with no issue, today I try to buy another pack and get this:

Sorry, processing of this order is taking longer than expected
• This order may take up to 4 hours to process but usually will take less than an hour
• Please do not re-order this item
• Once your order is complete, you can download your purchase here. We will also send the download link to your e-mail address

Am I gonna have some repercussions because of fake details?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Press

Ctrl+Shift+T

Yeah, I tried reopening the tab, but it didn't help as I was at the stage where you confirm the order and transition to PayPal; Firefox produced an error message stating the page was no longer in its cache. I've only been set back a single step, though, so I'll keep at it.

There's a thread on CAG that has a list of all the deals, with the running dates and all. But I'm not sure if I'm allowed to link it here, so I'd rather not risk it (you can find it by googling "cag amazon pcdd darksiders franchise", entering the first link and going to the first page).

thx!

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
I finally got the gamersgate order through and completed the paypal part. Then it links back to gamersgate and it timed out the first time, then loaded the front page very very slowly. Did my transaction actually happen? No record of a transaction on PayPal's site yet.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
the sims 3 is pretty great. there's like 200 expansion packs but even alone you're getting a very deep, unique and endlessly replayable RPG/sim game for only ten bucks

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I finally got the gamersgate order through and completed the paypal part. Then it links back to gamersgate and it timed out the first time, then loaded the front page very very slowly. Did my transaction actually happen? No record of a transaction on PayPal's site yet.

If you click "pay" on paypal and it timed out and you didn't get a PayPal email saying the purchase went through, it didn't.

try to reload your order page on gamersgate, if it's still open re-click on the "complete payment" link or, alternatively, keep trying to reload the paypal provided link to gamersgate registering the payment.

You need to get a paypal email saying you paid the money for your order to be complete.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Ended up not buying Orcs Must Die 2 after trying the demo. Excellent game, just not my cup of tea at the moment and I'm on a $65 budget for this sale.

So Steam has yet to damage my wallet armor! If it summons Dark Souls, Sleeping Dogs, or Far Cry 3 I am finished though.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
If you click "pay" on paypal and it timed out and you didn't get a PayPal email saying the purchase went through, it didn't.

try to reload your order page on gamersgate, if it's still open re-click on the "complete payment" link or, alternatively, keep trying to reload the paypal provided link to gamersgate registering the payment.

You need to get a paypal email saying you paid the money for your order to be complete.

Thanks.

Fuck everything.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
If it validated, then it likely went through. Check your email in a bit for a receipt.

GamersGate is a great website, good variety, good staff, and some great deals, but obviously not used to such a huge load.

bigace33

Kind of bummed that I didn't get the Bethesda bundle, but I did recieve my glorious steam Holiday Badge. That lessen's the sting of the Gamersgate defeat.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Also going to get RPG Maker if only because I've been really impressed with what's come out of it recently (To The Moon, Witch's House, Yume Nikki, Ib, Ao ONI, etc.).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom