• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.
My "people are talking smack about Psychonauts" sense is tingling... AND I DON'T LIKE IT

Psychonauts must be seen in its entirety before one can improperly label it as "ugly" or "unimpressive." It is both a wonderfully imaginative and refreshing title with a strong leaning towards asymmetrical characters, vibrant and unique worlds, and personality filling every nook and cranny of the presentation.

Xyber

All of them, apparently.

KT7rh.gif

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Since RPG Maker is brought up, want to point to some great games made with it totally worth checking out (and most are free~):

2020143-to_the_moon_poster2_large.png

-To The Moon: Available on Steam, it's a story-based adventure game which has an amazing soundtrack and story behind it. Can check out the Steam page here: http://store.steampowered.com/app/206440

Yumenikki.png

-Yume Nikki: A free game about exploration and dreams that has become a cult classic with a surprising amount of fan-made art, remixes, fan games, and animations. It follows Madotsuki, a girl who never speaks a word and never leaves her room, to go into her dreams and find 24 effects in corners of the dreams that change her and give her abilities. Download and all info you need on the game here: http://yumenikki.wikia.com/wiki/Yume_Nikki_Wiki

tumblr_m7zhiesC4H1r8ozyc.png

-Ao Oni: A Korean horror comedy game starring a giant purple monster. The game is surprisingly atmospheric, with the monster able to pop up any time to start chasing you along with some scripted moments. The game trolls you a lot, but has a charm that makes you want to just keep on going. Has many different versions, and a stupid amount of fan games (it's big in Korea apparently). Al. You need to know here: http://aooni.wikia.com/wiki/Ao_Oni_Wiki

-Ib: a girl and her family go to an art museum, and soon she gets sucked into a world in a painting and goes on a surreal puzzle adventurer while trying to find a way to escape with a guy named Garry and a girl named Mary. Can find download here: http://vgboy.dabomstew.com/other/ib.htm

tumblr_mduegrHSCn1qjno6ro1_1280.jpg

-Witch's House: A trap-house survival horror game where you have to survive a series of demented traps, monsters, and puzzles while trying to escape the Witch's house! Quite funny yet terrifying, and strangely emotional, it is actually fairly recent. You can download it here: http://vgboy.dabomstew.com/other/witchhouse.htm

RPG Maker is simple to use, but I adore some of the games people have made with it in their free time. Definitely worth checking out these games and RPG Maker itself if your type of thing.

This is the Gamersgate thread now LOL

I saw the page finally but it loaded up 2 of them. Won't bother since i don't have a account and its gonna take years.

Also i guess everyone is gone for the holiday if this isn't fixed yet?

bigace33

Well, not quite as good as getting the entire Bethesda pack, but I managed to get the games I wanted from the bundle. Got Skyrim and Dishonored (when ever tiny raptor get's the key) for $32. Not bad.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Bah, I apparently missed Fallen Enchantress, I can only see it at 26.99 again when the page even loads. I'm sure it'll hit Steam eventually, but not at 8 bucks.

cicero

This whole GamersGate experience feels much like what grinding out those Steam Meta achievements felt like, except that if I actually get my paypal page to finally load up back on GamersGate, the payoff will be epic and the time spent will be relatively short compared to Steam.

Sye d'Burns

My shelf is starting to populate. It's glorious!

edit: Cursed notifications sent me right back to the homepage! I don't care about blue coins right now. What are you thinking Gamersgate. Gimme the goods, Argh!

If I buy a Bundle Pack from Amazon, can I gift some of the games? or there's only one Code etc.? and how would I go about gifting some of the games from the pack? And do they activate on Steam?

Sorry for the confusing and maybe even taboo questions.

M.D

Wait, what happened? I went a few pages back and it seems some site was selling the Bethesda collection for 22$? Is this still the case or was it fixed already?

zkylon

zkylewd
By the way for the Gamersgate deals you can get a 5% discount using the code elder-geek.com

It's not much really but you know.

edit: also, the currency Steam shows has been switching like crazy all day long. From pounds to USD to reais now...

mannerbot

If I buy a Bundle Pack from Amazon, can I gift some of the games? or there's only one Code etc.? and how would I go about gifting some of the games from the pack? And do they activate on Steam?

If you buy a bundle from Amazon it'll come with separate keys for each game (unless the "game" itself is specifically a bundle I guess). You'd have to give people the keys to redeem themselves. And just read the Amazon page listing to see if they active on Steam.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail

Amazon gives you a steam key for each game. For the most part, most of the games activate on steam. Just be sure to check the game page, or the Amazon thread before buying.

Baha

The paypal page sent me back to the gamersgate main page and I haven't received an email. Still trying to load my shelf, should I be worried?

cicero

The paypal page sent me back to the gamersgate main page and I haven't received an email. Still trying to load my shelf, should I be worried?

This is where I have been, I just keep reloading the final paypal window and reclicking the "continue" buttom. Still trying now...

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Ended up not buying Orcs Must Die 2 after trying the demo. Excellent game, just not my cup of tea at the moment and I'm on a $65 budget for this sale.
I finally decided to pass on them too. I want those games, but won't play them anytime soon, and there's other stuff I'd rather get soon instead of those.

maesterxen

Neo Member
If the games are in my account, I'm wondering what the chances are of the removing it if it is indeed, as it seems to be, a pricing error. Have to decided whether to try and add all the serials to my steam account just in case.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Don't suppose anybody wants to trade anything for any of the Bethesda bundle games, eh?

Steam wallet gambit has backfired like a mofo.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
My "people are talking smack about Psychonauts" sense is tingling... AND I DON'T LIKE IT

Psychonauts must be seen in its entirety before one can improperly label it as "ugly" or "unimpressive." It is both a wonderfully imaginative and refreshing title with a strong leaning towards asymmetrical characters, vibrant and unique worlds, and personality filling every nook and cranny of the presentation.

I think she meant she disliked the styling of the game. It's a purely subjective assessment, and I'm sure that you and I also have played otherwise competent games that we cannot stand due to the styling.

Sye d'Burns

This is where I have been, I just keep reloading the final paypal window and reclicking the "continue" buttom. Still trying now...

You'd be better served by opening a new tab, going to paypal and seeing if the charge has processed. If so, head directly to http://www.gamersgate.com/account/shelf and begin the waiting game redux as you attempt to actually pry a key from the jaws of Gamersgate.

edit:

Don't suppose anybody wants to trade anything for any of the Bethesda bundle games, eh?

Steam wallet gambit has backfired like a mofo.

I managed to get to the point that paypal has processed the charge. I went to view my games and I'm now logged out. Yayyyyy :-|

If I ever manage to get in, I'm probably going to sell / trade everything out. There's some new CK2 and EUIII dlc that probably won't see a sale, stuff like that.

Prelithe

Alright. It's late but I have a Dishonored key ready to go Paypal @ $16. If you want the key and are ready to transfer funds right now then PM me.

EDIT: deal done. Thanks Isaccard.

Looking at the flash deals, is RPG Maker VX Ace worth the $35? What's the likelihood it'll eventually drop lower? I haven't bought an RPG Maker since the Playstation era.

Nimajneb

I finally got the checkout page to load, but I ended up with two copies in my cart. I tried to delete one, but now my cart is empty. It's going to take me all night to buy this bundle.

M.D

Managed to get to the checkout page, but it says I took 2 bundles so now I need to remove one from the cart.

Do I need to be registered to the site to buy it? I don't even know if my credit card will work with PayPal, hopefully it will :/ I normally don't use it for online purchases but this deal is too good not to try it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom