• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

hylje

Just woke up and managed to see great price, then maintenance and now 88€.
If anyone has extra collection on that lower price to sell me, I would be grateful.

Sysgen

Just woke up and managed to see great price, then maintenance and now 88€.
If anyone has extra collection on that lower price to sell me, I would be grateful.

Well if you don't mind that Dishonored, Skyrim and Brink aren't in it then OK and will give you an additional discount to boot. That's 8 games for about $25 and change.

If anybody has the dregs from their pack left over, I'll relieve them of the heavy burden of registering them on my steam account.

The backlog must be fed.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Anyone interested in a free Bit.Trip Runner game ? The first one to reply with his/her Steam account gets it.
Name's mattiewheels!

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Well, I just paid for the bundle. It was already in my cart and I finished buying it.. or at least I got charged on Paypal. Hopefully I can access the games soon!

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Sweet, Skyrim's a whooping 28 USD on GMG. Now you 'mericans might not think that's a great price, but exchange rates are in my favour! I'd be paying roughly 18 Euros for that deal, and it's Steamworks too.

Has it ever been €18 or lower on Steam?

It should be okay then. If I recall correctly, in the single player, it was only 1-2 maps that had noticeably different frame drops. I can't comment on the co-op maps as by that time I had stopped using fraps.

On another note, why are you recording the game footage? I would think it's a bit old for a review and/or Lets Play?

Just gonna throw some gameplay up on my Youtube channel for fun.

Also, I hear that some people had an issue where the game was only picking up 2 cores on their CPU and they set Conviction to use 4. Not sure how I would go about doing that.

Scavenger

Sweet, Skyrim's a whooping 28 USD on GMG. Now you 'mericans might not think that's a great price, but exchange rates are in my favour! I'd be paying roughly 18 Euros for that deal, and it's Steamworks too.

Has it ever been €18 or lower on Steam?
10 pounds at Gamefly.co.uk.

EDIT: Oh wait, didn't read the steam part. Never got lower than 25 euros I think.
EDIT2: Skyrim at gamefly is UK only. :(

Easy_D

never left the stone age
10 pounds at Gamefly.co.uk.

EDIT: Oh wait, didn't read the steam part. Never got lower than 25 euros I think.

What? The Steam part doesn't invalidate your suggestion. Is the UK site limited to UK residents? If not that's a sweet deal, every copy is for Steam anyway, considering the title is Steamworks :)

Edit: "Sorry, due to region restrictions, this product cannot be sold in your country."

:(. Though I could just use a proxy I suppose. Could that get me into trouble with our lord GabeN somehow?

EDIT #2: What fuckup are the above posts a reference too?

cicero

Bethesda New Year Collection
$95.87
Orders that were pending still work. I spent like 3-4 hours loading that Paypal order page before I gave up and took a break. Came back an hour and a half later and restarted from my order pending page url that I got from the initial non-confirmed email that you get when you initiate an order, and it finally went through and then was confirmed by Paypal about five minutes ago at $27.32.

If you started an order they will sit there waiting to have payment confirmed, the email has the initial order info. If you were stuck at the paypal payment "continue" window that was timing out or simply sending you back to GamersGate but not actually confirming anything, it should still work now. I would jump on it though.

cicero

Beth bundle was still in my cart and I was able to successfully checkout via Paypal!

I hope people didn't just quit and go to sleep instead of trying again. The site seems a bit more responsive and the pending orders are still working at the old price.

Scavenger

What? The Steam part doesn't invalidate your suggestion. Is the UK site limited to UK residents? If not that's a sweet deal, every copy is for Steam anyway, considering the title is Steamworks :)

Edit: "Sorry, due to region restrictions, this product cannot be sold in your country."

:(. Though I could just use a proxy I suppose. Could that get me into trouble with our lord GabeN somehow?
It probably won't cause any problems on Steam. I've been buying steam keys from Amazon for a while and never got into any trouble.

EDIT #2: What fuckup are the above posts a reference too?
A bundle with pretty much every decent Bethesda game from recent years was sold for like 26 euros due to a pricing mistake.

snack

Selling Skyrim key. I already have it on my steam account so the one from the bundle is for one of you guys. Not too sure what the going price is for this game. PM me if interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom