• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarquiss_

A bit sad that GamersGate ran out of keys but at least I got Skyrim and Dishonored :D

Also, if anyone wants to trade games I did also get codes for Fallout 3 New Vegas Ultimate Edition and Elders Scrolls Oblivion :)

Never seen a HK movie, or if I did, I didn't realize it was a HK movie. I hated GTAIV a lot, and I didn't enjoy any of the GTAs before that. I did enjoy Spider Man 2 though.

It's a million times more fun than GTA IV ever was. Kind of hard to tell if you'll like it, because it's not clear what you don't like aboout open world games.

Toki767

Never seen a HK movie, or if I did, I didn't realize it was a HK movie. I hated GTAIV a lot, and I didn't enjoy any of the GTAs before that. I did enjoy Spider Man 2 though.

It's much more arcadey than GTA. I'd put it between GTA and Saint's Row in terms of gameplay style. Driving mechanics are a lot better. Melee system is Arkham Asylum-esque. Shooting is serviceable, but you really don't do it too often.

Xater

Ayone got Tiny & Big? What's it like?

I think it's really good. Probably the bes thing I bought during the Summer Sale.

This sale has been lackluster for me so far. Only bought the Ys games. I hope there will be a Dawn of War 2 pack for 75% off.

Me and my gf have loads of fun with Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light :)

Right. Thanks.

Orcs Must Die 2?

Yeah. I also bought it under the impression it has local-Coop. Sadly the Game just offers Internet-Coop :(

• The Adventures of Shuggy
  • Capsized
  • Hamilton's Great Adventure
  • Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light
  • Magicka
  • Portal 2
  • Trine 2
  • Wyv and Keep: The Temple of The Lost Idol(Greenlight only for now)

Already finished Shuggy.

Capsized looks interesting.

The Coop of Hamilton is kinda... bad. One can only fly with the bird around and collect some coins.

The Controlleroption with Magicka is really bad for Coop imo.

Portal 2 finished.

Trine 2 finished.

Wyv and Keep we played ;)

Thanks to all. Any more?

Don't know what price this makes it in different regions but Sleeping dogs is 66% off on GMG

http://www.greenmangaming.com/search/?q=sleeping+dogs

AND you can currently still use the 30% code GMG30-DPLIM-DN831 AND you get cashback.

It's < 10€ in my region.

What about the DLC? Is the new DLC also on GMG? I can not see it, since somehow you can not really see any DLC in Germany for Sleeping Dogs.

I can get Sleeping Dogs for 12 USD + $6 free GMG credit.

Is the game any good? I don't like open world games much.

Depends on what you mean by not liking open world games much. If you don't like games where you find and make your own fun, or fill time with races or story-less mission points, you don't really have to worry about that with Sleeping Dogs, since (as far as I'm concerned) that's not its strength, and it's best played checkpoint to checkpoint anyway. I did end up doing more driving than I normally do, mostly because the taxi-fast travel isn't that convenient in this game.

It's much more arcadey than GTA. I'd put it between GTA and Saint's Row in terms of gameplay style. Driving mechanics are a lot better. Melee system is Arkham Asylum-esque. Shooting is serviceable, but you really don't do it too often.

Actually, now that I think about it, GTAIV is a pretty good comparison for Sleeping Dogs (at least how I played them) so maybe he won't like it. Again, depends on what he hated about GTAIV.

Well, I bought Sleeping Dogs. If I don't enjoy it, I'm going to feckin' shank you guys.

Total Haul Thus Far:

Hitman: Blood Money (free gift)
Torchlight (free gift)
Fallout: New Vegas Complete (free gift)

Prince of Persia 2008
Scribblenauts Unlimited
Hitman: Absolution (via Amazon)
Ghost Recon Future Soldier
SC Conviction Echelon Edition (comes with DA, CT, SC original as well as shitty conviction)
Sleeping Dogs

Cystm

I loathed all the GTA games, and waited until Sleepy Dogs was on sale before checking it out.

The game's story is better than anything GTA ever had and while similar obviously in some respects, the game play is also ahead of GTA as well - with a melee combat system that is on par with the Arkham games.

It's a lot of fun and a game I think everyone should check out.

Edit: Yay
Please don't shank me

Wok

Same thing happened with Hitman yesterday, they disabled the voucher pretty quick. Can't help but think that it's somewhat intentional to spread the deal quickly.
So yeah. If you want it, buy it now.

How can I buy two copies of the game, without making a new account on GMG?

Manager

Apparently there was also a patch for Sleeping Dogs released today that fixed the stuttering issue and general performance.

Depends on what you mean by not liking open world games much. If you don't like games where you find and make your own fun, or fill time with races or story-less mission points, you don't really have to worry about that with Sleeping Dogs, since (as far as I'm concerned) that's not its strength, and it's best played checkpoint to checkpoint anyway. I did end up doing more driving than I normally do, mostly because the taxi-fast travel isn't that convenient in this game.

Two things I guess I hated in GTA series. First is that the gameplay sucked. Shooting was shit, and I don't enjoy driving games much. The second was that I hate aimlessness. My friends would play GTA 3 or VC for hours just driving around messing about, and I would be bored out of my fucking mind. I played through the story stuff, and it wasn't very enjoyable, so I quit fairly early on.

Ys Origin intro speaks french. Interesting. Not disappointed by the music. Now I gotta adjust the config on my motionjoy. Analog sticks aren't showing up on the calibration tests.

I feel like the Batman/Sleeping Dogs is a very shallow and overused comparison of the melee combat system of both games. The similarities begin and end with the counter button that's fairly important for sustaining your combo.

Batman is more about zipping from enemy to enemy, and having access to gadgets in your combo later in game.

Sleeping Dogs is slower, with more lock on, and less target juggling, which later develops into timed button press combos as you unlock moves.

They really feel almost nothing alike by the end of each game other than hitting Y to counter when you're about to be attacked from behind.

Enterbrain only makes a new RPG Maker for PC whenever major compatibility issues with the current version of Windows pops up. This recent one, for example, replaced RPG Maker VX only because that version had no support for 64-bit operating systems. The one before that, RPG Maker XP, was unable to run on Windows Vista. Basically, RPG Maker VX Ace will be THE version until something happens in the future to no longer make it compatible with current operating systems.
good to know thanks

Toki767

I feel like the Batman/Sleeping Dogs is a very shallow and overused comparison of the melee combat system of both games. The similarities begin and end with the counter button that's fairly important for sustaining your combo.

Batman is more about zipping from enemy to enemy, and having access to gadgets in your combo later in game.

Sleeping Dogs is slower, with more lock on, and less target juggling, which later develops into timed button press combos as you unlock moves.

They really feel almost nothing alike by the end of each game other than hitting Y to counter when you're about to be attacked from behind.

That's very true. In the beginning they feel very similar but by the end there are more Martial Arts in Sleeping Dogs and more gadgets and weaponry in Arkham games. The foundation is fairly similar though.

didamangi

Two things I guess I hated in GTA series. First is that the gameplay sucked. Shooting was shit, and I don't enjoy driving games much. The second was that I hate aimlessness. My friends would play GTA 3 or VC for hours just driving around messing about, and I would be bored out of my fucking mind. I played through the story stuff, and it wasn't very enjoyable, so I quit fairly early on.

For what it's worth I never finished any GTA games for the same reason as you but I thoroughly enjoy Sleeping Dogs (and the Mafia series) till the end.

Firebrand

Sleepy Dogs get. Went with credit since I'll probably be buying The Cave from them soon anyway.

Though, the "Your keys" page is just giving me a "Error 500: Page Not Found" error... I've been had!

Wok

Sleepy Dogs get. Went with credit since I'll probably be buying The Cave from them soon anyway.

Though, the "Your keys" page is just giving me a "Error 500: Page Not Found" error... I've been had!

Check your emails instead.

I will do the same. The Cave looks gorgeous.

I never understood that mentality of just driving around etc. the world just wasn't compelling enough to justify spending your time in the game that way. GTAIV became a battle of attrition towards the end, as I forced my way through it because I'd come too far to quit. I enjoy them on the whole, but the mechanics of those games, in isolation, are mediocre at best.

LuuKyK

Damnit.

Missed out on the Ys sale. The only thing that I was going to buy so far =[.

I just noticed the flash deals don't change completely... didn't know that.

I thought all 6 of them were going to change together? But just three of them changed? Huh...

I thought all 6 of them were going to change together? But just three of them changed? Huh...

Six hour stagger. Each deal lasts 12 hours, but three of the deals started six hours earlier than the other three.

Fuck off Roman I don't want to go bowling with you

Oh, but cousin you love bowling. Why not take me to a show, or let's play darts, or go to titty bar with American big titty girls. Nico, c'mon, don't be like that. I tell you what cousin, I ring you back in 2 minutes to see if you change your mind.

Eusis

Great, it wasn't just me. I was starting to think I chose French as the language somewhere even if I didn't remember it. lol
It was French even in the Japanese version, though I believe this redubbed it into a better performance. And it makes sense if you look at where Ys is from.

Torraz

There's two tiers. Three change 2 hours before the daily deals and 3 change two hours after daily deals.

argh to buy RPG maker or not....

Same... A thirty bucks purchase wasn't really calculated when i setup the winter sale budget...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom