• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lyonaz

DMC4 for €2.38 on GMG with code GMG30-DPLIM-DN831.

Steam key.

There is a CAPCOM 50% off deal on GMG with GMG30-DPLIM-DN831 for 30% extra off.

beUjo.png

Also, the problem seems to be that some discounts are applying twice.
0.25*0.25=0.0625 = 94% off

same with the Elder Scrolls pack which was supposed to be 70% off
0.3*0.3=0.09 = 91% off

they should just shut the whole place down until they fix this stuff.

I bought Sleeping Dogs and used the credit to buy Gianna Sisters for $0.60. Great deal and minus two games on my wishlist.

Unless you really enjoy cutting and rearranging parts of the scenery, you have no reason to buy it.

I know, but $2.50!

I haven't bought anything this sale, I have too many games ._.

I have been playing them, though. Played through both Hitman Blood Money and Absolution in the past week, and confirmed for myself that people whine too much!

deleted

I'm a tad disappointed in this sale. Last year was amazing with the coal and the extra content for certain games. This is the third sale in this format, right?

Till now, every sale felt exciting since we didn't knew what to expect.
I hope they mix it up again with the next one.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Well shit, if I'm gonna purchase a game it might as well be Sleepy Dawgz. How does it compare to Saint's Row the Third in regards to combat and driving like an idiot?

RFMd0.jpg

Euro gaben is angry.

4 SEK for me. (Roughly..50 eurocents or 0.37 GBP)

Well shit, if I'm gonna purchase a game it might as well be Sleepy Dawgz. How does it compare to Saint's Row the Third in regards to combat and driving like an idiot?

Not that tone of game. Though you will be driving on the left side of the road, it will be for less awesome reasons.

Manager

In Brazil, it was mostly "Buy something, get something else".

pre-ordering the Digital Deluxe Edition of Simcity you get 5 discount coupons of 10 bucks on 20 bucks purchases, but you can't apply them all in a single purchase.

Earlier this month it was buy the DDE of SimCity and get a 50% discount on any other game on the store.

Brazil is having one different deal each day, but they're not that good.

Feels like EA is missing out, you rarely see any good deals on EA games.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Got Cargo Commando.

GamersGate is awesome! :D

However, paypal wants to call my landline everytime I make a purchase from GamersGate now, to confirm that it's me doing the purchase.

I guess the DDOS from yesterday has raised some flags.. :D

First person to quote me and post a pic of a Cargo Commander (not from the game, be creative) gets a Steam key for Cargo Commander.

EDIT: OVER

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Hehe, thank you GMG for your dollar prices. Sleepy Dawgs get for 'bout 78 SEK (8 Euros) IT'S LIKE STEAM AIN'T EVEN TRYIN'

didamangi

First person to quote me and post a pic of a Cargo Commander (not from the game, be creative) gets a Steam key for Cargo Commander.

cargo%20man2.png

He's safe, he's reliable, he manages cargo. I'm not sure he's made commander status just yet, mind you.

EDIT: Arrghh, beaten once again. (It's like my childhood all over again)

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Gonna jump in here: is there any security issues with this, I take it credit card info etc is sent through it as well? Any in particular you recommend?

Yes, credit card info is sent through the proxy. However, the connection should be encrypted on the part that matters (password and CC info).

I personally use a VPN Service I pay for when doing such things (for instance, I can't buy EA products from GMG with my IP address, but can with a US ip address), so I'm usually not too worried.

Proxies could be sniffing your traffic but, as I said, payment is made through paypal and Paypal encrypts the connection.

Yes, credit card info is sent through the proxy. However, the connection should be encrypted on the part that matters (password and CC info).

I personally use a VPN Service I pay for when doing such things (for instance, I can't buy EA products from GMG with my IP address, but can with a US ip address), so I'm usually not too worried.

Proxies could be sniffing your traffic but, as I said, payment is made through paypal and Paypal encrypts the connection.

What VPN service(s) can you recommend? Paid or free?

Don't know what price this makes it in different regions but Sleeping dogs is 66% off on GMG

http://www.greenmangaming.com/search/?q=sleeping+dogs

AND you can currently still use the 30% code GMG30-DPLIM-DN831 AND you get cashback.

It's < 10€ in my region.

Wow, tip of my hat to you for this. Not only did I get Sleeping Dogs for £7.19, but I got £4 cashback which I put towards Resident Evil 5 at £3.50 (after 30% discount), so effectively I got Sleeping Dogs and RE5 for £6.79. Steam, a new challenger has emerged.

Manager

Thanks! EA Games is more expensive on GMG with Northern European account (it translates from £ to $ instead of directly $), it'll probably become cheaper with US prices.

drizzle

Axel Hertz

I personally like to use WiTopia. It's a paid service, however, it has the benefit of providing you with a multitude of "exit points" to choose from, from different countries. Most VPN services only allow you to chose a couple of exit points and you can only change them 3 times a year or something stupid like that, which means you're limited to the amount of countries you can route from.

Another good thing: You can use the service from up to 2 different IP addresses at the same time. So I just split the cost (50 bucks a year) with a friend.

For VPN services I recommend TunnelBear. They have UK and US switch and quite easy to use.
If you just want a small use proxy you can always check this one. It is hosted on Google's AppEngine, and if you fear that I might steal your information you can always setup yours there by following the instructions on that page.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom