• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stock-Age: Stocks, Options and Dividends oh my!

GHG

Gold Member
Do you think the best is yet to come for Corsair? They keep popping up on my radar but I've heard plenty of bearish talk too.

Personally I don't see a reason for it to be valued much higher than it is at the moment, their product/service offering is very narrow. It's got the new kid on the block factor going for it at the moment but long term I see it bouncing around the price it is at the moment (between 40-50 a share).

In that price range there are better buys to be had for long term holds. There are companies with much better future prospects (along with the potential to explode), Intel and uber being examples. Just my opinion though.

Edit: If you are looking for a similar company to fill a gap in your portfolio then look into Acer Inc (TPE). It's not as sexy but it's currently cheaper and they have a big presence in enterprise.

Last edited:

ManofOne

Plus Member
TPR coming out with earnings tomm. Hopefully they capitalize on their China expansion. Christmas shopping should have been a good time for them.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Do you think the best is yet to come for Corsair? They keep popping up on my radar but I've heard plenty of bearish talk too.
Honestly I've no idea. I use some of my winnings on the gme hype because RH had it at 89 percent buy and this was before I did any research before GME hype.

I was like I know that name, 89 percent buy, ok.

Hindsight obviously is 20/20 but idk if I'd do it again.

I need to do more research. But idk if I'll be keeping it.

Last edited:

Droxcy

Holding $AMC & $NOK ending today @ +10.55% so not bad but I want to see some profits we can hold everyone 🚀🚀

I didn't play with much $$$ because I was late to the ball game

Tesseract

Banned
Anybody bought DKNG when I said buy it at 33?
giphy.gif

mango drank

I saw SAVA rocketing yesterday, on news of an Alzheimer's study with good results. I was going to buy in at $60 and see how far it went, just to gamble on a few percentage points' gain. But then I didn't. Today it's almost up to $130 in AH. Shiiieeet.

Dammit, had my eye on an Australian Tungsten mining company starting back up. Missed at $0.135 a share, now jumped to $0.24 and IMO will rise through the next 12-14 months as a 10X stock. Still buying in today but could have already doubled my money but missed the close on ASX last night as I was at kids sports for both of them. Kicking myself.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Anyone checked out appharvest/APPH? Seems like a really smart company but crazy over valued at the time.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Dammit, had my eye on an Australian Tungsten mining company starting back up. Missed at $0.135 a share, now jumped to $0.24 and IMO will rise through the next 12-14 months as a 10X stock. Still buying in today but could have already doubled my money but missed the close on ASX last night as I was at kids sports for both of them. Kicking myself.
Nice pick. Too bad you didn't pull the trigger!

I don't do penny stocks like all these small time miners. But since I've been blessed with an all time high portfolio, I'm more willing to gamble on shady shit.

If you got any more tips (industry or individual stocks) please post. I would never have tungsten investing ever in my head unless I read your post. But more knowledge the better.

Last edited:
Nice.

I don't do penny stocks like all these small time miners. But since I've been blessed with an all time high portfolio, I'm more willing to gamble on shady shit.

If you got any more tips (industry or individual stocks) please post. I would never have tungsten investing ever in my head unless I read your post. But more knowledge the better.

The company King Island Scheelite | Welcome to King Island Scheelite (ASX stock code: KIS) basically has a resource rich Tungsten mine that was active from around 1920-1990, it closed due to world Tungsten prices not lack of resources in the mines there. They dabble with the open cut mine but have underground mines and have drained the open cut mine as well, due to inactivity. In 2005 they ditched out of deal China was buying up parent companies behind the scenes and last year western world governments listed Tungsten as an essential rare earth metal. China has around 80+% of world supply and Tasmania (state in Australia) has a high grade supply with this company. They got $2.5 mil last year to restart things all Aussie owned and backed by Rio Tinto. Just yesterday they got $10Mil from the Tasmania state government to really get things moving.

The good part in my speculation is the federal government of Australia is also tipped to announce a further $15Mil to push this along as basically the only western world Tungsten supplier. Tungsten is used on drill bits for mining, weapons, rockets, defense systems etc. KIS have also secured the port 1Km from the mine itself and can ship quality and quantity to Victoria, Australia ports for all around the world from there. In short they're ramping up for real world production as quick as they can and the Aussie government are backing them to become a major western world supplier to reduce reliance on China. The number 2 of Tungsten supply globally essentially. The USA have zero Tungsten mines in operation, for some reference.

KIS traded at highs of $1.25 when the major deals were announced and stalled in 2005, they paid back $3Mil to get out of China tyring to back channel buy into their global deal back then. It's all back in the swing now with recent world events and KIS have access to the resources, just not the mine in operation, which they are pushing for. The market is expected to grow from $1Bil to $5+Bil or something like that.

I got wind of it but missed the recent announcement, I'm not missing out the next govt grant announcement and the longer term rise back to full operations, not sure how long that will take but I'd imagine KIS will ramp up significantly with Rio Tinto and Australia having their back. My longer term speculation is KIS will far exceed their 2005 high of $1.25 within 1-2 years.

EDIT: Sounds like me as well. I too have made an all time high with a new second personal portfolio I stared during Covid mid-late last year. It's a more aggressive speculative portfolio and so far I'm up on 4 out of 4 stocks by 76% as of yesterday. I'm adding about $1-5K (yet to decide) for KIS mentioned in this post and will sit on it for awhile.

FAKE EDIT: Another stock I came across from a client of mine. Apparently a little longer term as well but touted to go large in coming years. I'll sit on the gift from my client and see what happens.

Last edited:

ManofOne

Plus Member
What's the difference?

The key difference is that with an IPO, you go directly to the public. With an SPAC, they raise money for an acquisition of company. So rather than you go to the public you go directly to an angel investor, who raised their capital via the public.

Edit : SPACs have no formal operations just a prospectus of an investment.

Last edited:

ManofOne

Plus Member
Also I’ll add be careful with SPACs, there is a reason they’re referred to blank check companies. The level of scrutiny is lower and returns are often at times paltry. E.g Softbanks SPAC.

Last edited:
Also I’ll add be careful with SPACs, there is a reason they’re referred to blank check companies. The level of scrutiny is lower and returns are often at times paltry. E.g Softbanks SPAC.
I’ve been playing them heavy on the warrants and light on commons. Most open around $10 and after the DA they usually settle around $20 or higher. The warrants make a tidy profit percentage wise.

Took SPCE from $9-40 last year and $FSR from $10-18.

finowns

After watching a video I think I’m going into holicity a SPAC that is bringing out a rocket company Astra. They are saying 2021 is the year of space.

ManofOne

Plus Member

Nokia posts solid Q4 results, healthy margin driven by customer demand in North America​

• Nokia (NYSE:NOK): Q4 Non-GAAP EPS of €0.14 beats by €0.03; GAAP EPS of -€0.46.
  • Revenue of €6.57B (-4.8% Y/Y) beats by €60M.
  • GAAP gross margin 39.2%; Adjusted gross margin 41.8%.
  • GAAP operating margin 7.2%; Adjusted operating margin 16.6%, estimate 14.6%.
  • Adjusted operating profit €1.09B, estimate €955.3M.
  • 2021 Outlook: Sales of €20.6B to €21.8B; operating margin of 7-10%.
  • In FY 2021, NOK expects net sales to be affected by a significant decline in Mobile Networks, due to not converting all of its 4G footprint into 5G footprint in North America in 2020, as well as price erosion.
  • The Board continues to focus on ensuring Nokia’s ability to increase investments in 5G and strategic areas, therefore, it does not propose a dividend or dividend authorization for FY 2020.
  • After Q4 2021, the Board will assess the possibility of proposing a dividend for FY 2021, taking into account the net cash position, as well as the outlook for 2022.
  • Press Release

ManofOne

Plus Member
Tapestry (NYSE:TPR) reported quarterly earnings

of $1.15 per share which beat the analyst consensus estimate of $0.98 by 17.35 percent. This is a 4.55 percent increase over earnings of $1.10 per share from the same period last year. The company reported quarterly sales of $1.69 billion which beat the analyst consensus estimate of $1.62 billion by 4.32 percent. This is a 6.94 percent decrease over sales of $1.82 billion the same period last year.

Yum! Brands EPS beats by $0.14, beats on revenue

• Yum! Brands (NYSE:YUM): Q4 Non-GAAP EPS of $1.15 beats by $0.14; GAAP EPS of $1.08 beats by $0.07.
  • Revenue of $1.74B (+3.0% Y/Y) beats by $20M.
  • Same-store sales -1.0% vs. consensus of 0.0%.
  • Worldwide system sales decline excluding foreign currency translation of (2)%, with KFC at (1)%, Taco Bell at (3)%, and Pizza Hut at (6)%.
Happy Hour Reaction GIF by New Girl

Meh was expecting better from YUM but i'll take it

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Booyah! LSPD had solid earnings. +$4. It broke $100.

Third Quarter revenue grew 79% YoY to $57.6M

Excluding the impact of recent acquisitions, revenue was $49.3M, ahead of the guidance range of $44-$47M

Customer locations continued to grow, reaching almost 115,000 globally

GTV grew 48% YoY to $9.1B

Payments continues to grow with revenue up almost 4x the same period last year

Last edited:

finowns

Nokia posts solid Q4 results, healthy margin driven by customer demand in North America​

• Nokia (NYSE:NOK): Q4 Non-GAAP EPS of €0.14 beats by €0.03; GAAP EPS of -€0.46.
  • Revenue of €6.57B (-4.8% Y/Y) beats by €60M.
  • GAAP gross margin 39.2%; Adjusted gross margin 41.8%.
  • GAAP operating margin 7.2%; Adjusted operating margin 16.6%, estimate 14.6%.
  • Adjusted operating profit €1.09B, estimate €955.3M.
  • 2021 Outlook: Sales of €20.6B to €21.8B; operating margin of 7-10%.
  • In FY 2021, NOK expects net sales to be affected by a significant decline in Mobile Networks, due to not converting all of its 4G footprint into 5G footprint in North America in 2020, as well as price erosion.
  • The Board continues to focus on ensuring Nokia’s ability to increase investments in 5G and strategic areas, therefore, it does not propose a dividend or dividend authorization for FY 2020.
  • After Q4 2021, the Board will assess the possibility of proposing a dividend for FY 2021, taking into account the net cash position, as well as the outlook for 2022.
  • Press Release
It’s down 5.5%!! 😵

ManofOne

Plus Member
another near 2.0% day. Rescuing the volatility in my portoflio really did wonders. I’m thinking about adding a little more risk thou.

Honey Bunny

The last few days have knocked a month of gain off my share portfolio, and I didn't even invest in any of the memestocks. Send prayers my way :messenger_anxious:
Update: I've recovered the losses and then some, and some of my friends in meme stocks are now down in a ditch. I see the stock market is a wild ride.

SpartanN92

Banned
Ooof at GME. Glad I got out when I did.
A buddy of mine bought about the same amount of shares I did for nearly the same cost and he didn’t sell. Instead of a $10k profit he’s now looking at roughly a $1500 loss!

I told him to sell last Thursday when Robinhood stopped letting you buy and he responded with 🚀🌕💎👐🏻

Btw I should note it was his first time buying stock ever. 🙄

Last edited:

ManofOne

Plus Member
Got any good tips for stocks that don't cost so much? Aside from Lightspeed, I prefer dabbling in shit $30 or less. I seem to gravitate in the $15-25 range a lot.

Hmm what price range you looking for. Also does your platform allow fractional trading?

Edit - I”look for some but the market had already priced most of them out of that range.

the only one I could think of right now is GEVO

Last edited:

haxan7

Banned
Ooof at GME. Glad I got out when I did.
A buddy of mine bought about the same amount of shares I did for nearly the same cost and he didn’t sell. Instead of a $10k profit he’s now looking at roughly a $1500 loss!

I told him to sell last Thursday when Robinhood stopped letting you buy and he responded with 🚀🌕💎👐🏻

Btw I should note it was his first time buying stock ever. 🙄
over $2K loss for me. I'm glad you made some money off it.

I'm trying to earn it back and then some with more sensible investing so if you guys have any good buy recommendations, please let me know.

Last edited:

ManofOne

Plus Member
haxan7 haxan7 ....Try a financial services etf or any etf for that matter.

I won’t be able to guarantee you earn back 2K over a month or week but it will be slow and steady.

Financials are expected to rise on stimulus, this will improve credit quality and with an additional benefit from higher investment income.

You can also look at Cloud and microprocessors. I was wrong last year to count out microprocessors but they got loads of room to grow.

Last edited:
Top Bottom