• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stock-Age: Stocks, Options and Dividends oh my!

dem

If you wanna make money this year... I hope your on the dirty energy oil train.

The Simpsons 90S GIF
Lisa Simpson Full Steam Ahead GIF by The Simpsons
Deontay Wilder Train GIF by Premier Boxing Champions

Last edited:

GloveSlap

GHG GHG well now I would be less surprised if it hit 44 later haha… i’m going to see where it finds new support before thinking of adding more.
I ended up loading up more at the bottom today, it was too enticing. A little scary, but i have a decent hedge of sqqq shares. I really need to hold the rest of my account in cash though, i have a lot tied up in Amazon too.

Last edited:
I ended up loading up more at the bottom today, it was too enticing. A little scary, but i have a decent hedge of sqqq shares. I really need to hold the rest of my account in cash though, i have a lot tied up in Amazon too.
I bought 50 shares, like you said I couldn’t pass up but didn’t want to buy too many in case it keeps falling.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Energy should be bullish most of the year. WTI could be $120-150 this year. Gauranteed hitting $100. Easiest trade out there. Same with 2021.
This stock?

W&T Offshore, Inc. (WTI)​

NYSE - NYSE Delayed Price. Currency in USD

4.1700 -0.0300 (-0.71%)
At close: January 28 04:00PM EST

gatti-man

This stock?

W&T Offshore, Inc. (WTI)​

NYSE - NYSE Delayed Price. Currency in USD

4.1700 -0.0300 (-0.71%)
At close: January 28 04:00PM EST
WTI is a western brand of oil commodity. There is Brent and WTI. All Canadian and USA oil stocks trade off of WTI price it directly affects their selling price. My favorite oil stocks are LPI, MRO, CNQ, MEG, and ARX.

Reactions: dem

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
So...
Can we say that the inflation/FED future yeld curve slaughter is over?
No, I think retail is jumping the gun, or market makers are upping the price to bait retail. The volume was heavy in the morning. A sell off could happen towards the end of the day.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Gp1

GHG

Timing the exact moment of recovery is very difficult. Better to be consistent rather than just guessing or you miss out on the jumps.

It's also important to note that jumps can be temporary.

As we saw last week, it only takes half a day to erase a significant amount of money from the market.

If you're investing long term buy at prices that make sense then ignore the daily fluctuations. If you've invested wisely you'll thank yourself in 5-10 years time.

Raven117

As we saw last week, it only takes half a day to erase a significant amount of money from the market.

If you're investing long term buy at prices that make sense then ignore the daily fluctuations. If you've invested wisely you'll thank yourself in 5-10 years time.
Boom. Its this.

Honestly even swing trading is no big deal if it dips when you don’t expect it… as long as you wouldn’t mind also holding it as a long term trade if it comes to that which is exactly what I do. Usually I can swing it the way I want but not always

Day trading is what I could never do it’s just too nerve wracking for me.

Last edited:
im a noob on this. whats the best stock to buy that is not expensive but for sure it will grow?
>

#$420blazinitupbro360noscope69.

I'm not saying you will become a millionaire overnight, or lose all your money. What I am saying is you will be astonished at my lack of legal liability.

Last edited:

SteadyEvo

im a noob on this. whats the best stock to buy that is not expensive but for sure it will grow?
>
That’s a good question. My advice, read and educate yourself as much as possible before buying anything. To me it feels like learning another language.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I cant believe it. Ive had 3 green days in a row for first time in probably 3 months.

If anyone has any good tips or sectors to look into which hasnt popped yet, please share. Havent pulled the trigger yet. Still 70% cash. No rush, I can wait it out.

GHG

FAANG singlehandedly holding this market up right now.

To be fair, that's pretty much been the case since September last year so not much has changed in that regard.

HOLY SHIT.

92dCz6s.png

20-1 split as well. Their valuation is about to go through the roof.

GHG

Well shit time to buy some google?

I was already planning on getting some during the recent dip but it all reversed a tad too quickly. This is what I said a while back and it holds even more true now:

I'd love a chunky pullback on Google, I'd probably look at starting a position around the 2600 mark.

The thing that people miss with Google is the fact that in terms of revenue Youtube is fast catching up to Netflix and is well positioned to surpass them next year which is evidence of them getting much better at monetising the platform. It has 2 billion active users so I look at it and think they are currently sitting on a potential goldmine. It's currently roughly 11% of their quarterly revenue but I think it can be a lot more. When I look at large established companies like this I always like to look at where there is potential for growth from their existing business verticals and for me it's Youtube and cloud for Google.

I do know that much of that Youtube revenue comes from advertising though so I'd need to look into the antitrust situation a lot more and figure out how much of an impact it will have on that side of things, but overall it's a monster business that is still in a position where they can significantly grow revenue.

Once the split happens I'll be selling puts at whatever the 2600 equivalent mark is.

I was already planning on getting some during the recent dip but it all reversed a tad too quickly. This is what I said a while back and it holds even more true now:

Once the split happens I'll be selling puts at whatever the 2600 equivalent mark is.
I am thinking of buying just a couple shares in the morning… I mean it probably won’t go lower than what it’s at tomorrow right? Do you think it will go lower before the split in july?

GHG

I am thinking of buying just a couple shares in the morning… I mean it probably won’t go lower than what it’s at tomorrow right? Do you think it will go lower before the split in july?

Looking at the recent history of splits there tends to be a dip just after the split.

Personally I'm only concerned about the valuation matching up with the stock price rather than the timing of making the purchase (as far as my long term portfolio goes). So if it means waiting a while longer then so be it.

But from a trading perspective, as long as the market doesn't take an almighty dump again at some point for the rest of the week, it's currently looking good on a short term perspective since it's knocking on the door of breaking out to new all time highs.

dem

Fuuuuuck
Been cucked by zuck

misses all over the place

Facebook just went full Paypal... down 20+%

Playing these growth stocks is a dangerous game right now. Any sign of weakness and you are getting kicked in the fucking teeth.

Last edited:

GHG

Fuuuuuck
Been cucked by zuck

Playing these growth stocks is a dangerous game right now. Any sign of weakness and you are getting kicked in the fucking teeth.

Facebook isn't really a "growth" stock. Strong cash flows and steady revenue streams are allowing them to experiment in other areas.

Main reason they are down is because guidance is weak, they see the economy not doing so well over the next couple of years and I'm inclined to agree. That's why the rest of the market is falling on their earnings as well.

They are the first ones (along with PYPL) being accurate with their forward guidance and they are getting punished for it. Hey, maybe they should have done a Apple and just flat out refused to issue any forward guidance just to save their stock in the near term.

That said, I'll be picking some up around these prices.

Last edited:

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
Fuuuuuck
Been cucked by zuck

Sorry, I am not laughing at your bad fortune, but "cucked by zuck".

I believe you should trade for Google. Trust me on that one. The whole Metaverse shit won't pay off for at least 3 years at the earliest.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: GHG
I’ll be honest, I don’t want anyone here to lose money but I am rooting against facebook and the metaverse idea. It will be very bad for society.

GHG

Sorry, I am not laughing at your bad fortune, but "cucked by zuck".

I believe you should trade for Google. Trust me on that one. The whole Metaverse shit won't pay off for at least 3 years at the earliest.

Google is a good bet because of the number of vectors they have. Cloud, mobile, YouTube, search, etc.

They will suffer just like everyone else in the next couple of years (due to inflation and the inevitable economic downturn in order to get it under control) but there's the opportunity to offset it in various business areas.

The issue that Facebook have is that their existing business areas are highly correlated. To make matters worse they are heavily exposed with their investment in the metaverse due to its reliance on hardware manufacturing on their side (supply chains, materials/parts inflation, shipping, etc), and then adoption of said hardware on the consumer side (demand will drop off due to raising interest rates and a possible recession).

I’ll be honest, I don’t want anyone here to lose money but I am rooting against facebook and the metaverse idea. It will be very bad for society.

They are not the only ones getting involved. By saying that you're essentially rooting against all of big tech. Considering their collective weighting in the major indexes... I wouldn't advise it.

Last edited:
They are not the only ones getting involved. By saying that you're essentially rooting against all of big tech. Considering their collective weighting in the major indexes... I wouldn't advise it.
Honestly I am, though as long as they exist I might as well make money. I Just know facebook is fundamentally weaker than google.

We can make money and that’s all well and good but these big tech companies need to be brought down a lot for all our sakes.

Last edited:

HoodWinked

facebook @ $250 is a 17 P/E ratio.

but also going into 2022 mid terms there will probably be a decent amount of political advertising on facebook it just seems like this stock shouldn't be down this much.

dem

My account is down 4% on open.. jesus christ

Facebook has 2.9 billion MAU...
I mean.. are people actually expecting growth of USERS? They already have 40 percent of the fucking planet.

Meta app family is 3.5 billion. Christ.

This Facebook is dying narrative is absurd.

As always... I will keep buying facebook on the bad news.

Last edited:

Fools idol

Banned
Facebook market - $190B evaporated over night. Absolute madness. They barely missed. If Amazon misses tonight we are all fucked.

Top Bottom