• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIII| New Delayed Generation - Controversial Inputs

Pompadour

I won my qualifier for this world gaming thing in Canada

I also won a raffle for SFV + Both season passes which I already have and they all have separate codes.

Willing to give them away tbh.

You should save them for when lucebuce demands that Sony remove his digital copy of SFV but comes back a month later.

MrCarter

It's far from ideal to work this way, you'll basically have teams that are constantly waiting on each other because they aren't in sync.

Possibly, but I think it's worth a try. The main issue between the two is communication due to culture and language barrier so hopefully they find some sort of middle ground.

Who were the noteworthy players at yours? I made third place, down from second place last year.

Just chokehold & orphan crippler. It was the closest location to me + Toronto had KnuckleDu & Orangeman going there.

Montreal kinda got screwed over with only having one theatre and so many players. Did they have two theatres last year?

FluxWaveZ

Just chokehold & orphan crippler. It was the closest location to me + Toronto had KnuckleDu & Orangeman going there.

Montreal kinda got screwed over with only having one theatre and so many players. Did they have two theatres last year?

Oh wow, you guys got 2 theatres? We only got 1 last time, too. I was sent to losers by Yomi (who took 1st place) and got eliminated by Chi-rithy (who took 2nd place).

NuckleDu went, even though only Canadians can qualify? I see.

MCD250

I want some pants for Cammy.

pk7g7bj0kzsy.jpg
I did get bodied tbh

Laura is a white girl tbh.
Take this back goddammit.

Oh wow, you guys got 2 theatres? We only got 1 last time, too. I was sent to losers by Yomi (who took 1st place) and got eliminated by Chi-rithy (who took 2nd place).

NuckleDu went, even though only Canadians can qualify? I see.

Nah there was a good amount of theatres in the GTA. Vaughn, Scarborough, Toronto, Oakville, Waterloo etc so the top players went to different locations.

Americans were allowed to join this time. Justin Wong/Snake Eyez/Kbrad/RIcki Ortiz/Chris G & Wolfkrone were all in the brackets but idk if they went or not.

going to be the easiest money for KnuckleDu yet

Nvm Fchamp went and won an event somewhere lol

FluxWaveZ

Americans were allowed to join this time.

Well, fuck. I don't want us to be sharing this $24k prize pool with outsiders.

It's gonna be a bunch of Americans running the place later this month, then. Or, yeah, it's gonna be Du going straight for that $10k.

Ah well, I got $100 today, so I guess I'm alright.

Possibly, but I think it's worth a try. The main issue between the two is communication due to culture and language barrier so hopefully they find some sort of middle ground.

Nah the main issue is planning, timezones alone fuck up the simplest things like daily meetings.

Supposedly they've datamined a hoodless version of Balrog's default costume in the new patch, it looks the same as what was seen in the projections of the character models from Eleague. Some folks are theorizing that maybe that means the default costumes will get secret code alternate versions too.
I hope I can get a shirtless Vega, just like the classics.

That cammy costume is streets ahead.

Capcom must be streets behind.

jett

D-Member

MCD250

Is that Hori fighting Commander d pad controller decent to play with or should i spend just a few more for Hori's mini fightstick?
The controller is good to play, but it doesn't last very long, at least in my experience. I've had two and they both started wearing out after 3 months of use.

Pompadour

Ucchedavāda;239161479 said:
Vanilla SFV voice actors:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qpof2S9WciE

It is amusing to put faces to the voices, especially the announcers.

Also pantsed Cammy is best Cammy.

Does anyone know if the Japanese VA attempt to do accents for any of the non-Japanese characters? Like for Rashid the English VA did an American accent/no accent but for characters like Cammy and Birdie there's a definite British accent. I'm curious if the Japanese VA did something similar.

Also, it's probably for the best if all the white VA playing Asian characters didn't attempt accents.

Does anyone know if the Japanese VA attempt to do accents for any of the non-Japanese characters? Like for Rashid the English VA did an American accent/no accent but for characters like Cammy and Birdie there's a definite British accent. I'm curious if the Japanese VA did something similar.

Also, it's probably for the best if all the white VA playing Asian characters didn't attempt accents.

They don't do accents, it's just a bunch of anime archetypes they reuse over and over since the '80s.

The controller is good to play, but it doesn't last very long, at least in my experience. I've had two and they both started wearing out after 3 months of use.

I've read similar reviews on Amazon. Yikes. Most praise the dpad but that won't matter if I can't use it, I guess.

jett

D-Member

I also won a raffle for SFV + Both season passes which I already have and they all have separate codes.

Under strict circumstances tbh.

Send me a PM if you don't play any of the following characters:

• Necalli
  • Mika
  • Rashid
  • Akuma
  • Balrog
  • Ibuki
  • Guile
  • Karin
  • Ken
  • Ryu
  • Urien
  • Zangrief
  • Juri
  • Ed
  • Fang
  • Bison
  • Birdie
  • Vega
  • Kolin
  • Chun
  • Cammy
  • Alex

Send me a PM if you haven't:

• Said anything stupid in the past year
  • Shilled for this game
  • Talked down on SF4
  • Disagreed with me on anything
  • Made a joke about Deejay
  • If you've said Laura is braindead, an easy character to use or made any negative comments towards B O N I T A
  • If you've said Elena is braindead, an easy character to use or made any negative comments towards H E A L I N G

thanks for trying

Laura AND Elena defender?

lol

Supposedly Bison & Rashid are getting new costumes (discovered by Phoenix via datamining).

Took Capcom long enough.

I wouldn't get too excited until we get an actual release date for those.
We are, after all, still waiting for the Alex trailer and Ibuki nostalgia costumes.

But it would be nice to see costumes for those characters who haven't gotten any since their release.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth

Under strict circumstances tbh.

Send me a PM if you don't play any of the following characters:

• Necalli
  • Mika
  • Rashid
  • Akuma
  • Balrog
  • Ibuki
  • Guile
  • Karin
  • Ken
  • Ryu
  • Urien
  • Zangrief
  • Juri
  • Ed
  • Fang
  • Bison
  • Birdie
  • Vega
  • Kolin
  • Chun
  • Cammy
  • Alex

Send me a PM if you haven't:

• Said anything stupid in the past year
  • Shilled for this game
  • Talked down on SF4
  • Disagreed with me on anything
  • Made a joke about Deejay
  • If you've said Laura is braindead, an easy character to use or made any negative comments towards B O N I T A
  • If you've said Elena is braindead, an easy character to use or made any negative comments towards H E A L I N G

thanks for trying

Check your inbox.

I need to stop doing stupid shit with Birdie. No more rando bullhorns. More meaties. Better confirms. Stop starting the match with a fucking chain throw lel

So apparently the stripping code will soon work for all the costumes, not just the non-Battle Costume alts? Excellent~

Also if people are giving away free Season 2 DLC codes, I'll take them please, kthx.

Top Bottom