• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIII| New Delayed Generation - Controversial Inputs

But I like those types of characters.

vVkoPPU.jpg

Fucking regular ass dash into CA...
I feel like it's a shame I didn't record a lot of my matches from last year, there was one point where I just stopped giving a fuck and started doing some stupid shit.
  • Forward dash -> back dash -> Forward dash -> Back dash -> Forward dash -> CA. And it hit.
  • Command dash -> coward's crouch kick (blocked) -> jab -> forward walk -> jab -> forward walk -> jab -> forward -> jab -> shimmy -> CA. And it hit.
  • cr.hp AA cancel into command dash (side switch but it was ambiguous as FUCK) -> CA. And it hit.
This would never work if there was a freeze frame for FANG's CA at the beginning.
WHEN DID VEGA LOSE HIS "I'm the SEXIEST" MALE in SF

Now he's the OLD GUY in the CLUB????
That would actually be a pretty cool arc for Vega. He's no longer the "prettiest boy" in the club and has gotten some wrinkles in his previously perfect skin.

Marvel is the coolest name. Overseas name changes are the worst thing to ever hit the fighting game genre.
Marvel is definitely cool but I personally fell in love with the name Shina. I felt it fit her personality better.

Both are excellent names though so I can't get too mad that they changed it.

Marvel is definitely cool but I personally fell in love with the name Shina. I felt it fit her personality better.

Both are excellent names though so I can't get too mad that they changed it.

Yeah, I guess Shina is more "fitting", I guess?

But, there's something grand about this leopard lady being called nothing but "Marvel". Don't see something like that often...

Has anyone else found that since the new CFN they have been regularly experience connection issues and more laggy games? Seems to be the case for me.

Some nights it works fine as ever but quite often i lose connection a bunch to the server, cant log in or get nights of laggy games.

DBZ has major appeal. I just want the game to last more than a month and it'll depend on how the gameplay is. If they do better than the 3DS games then it'll probably be hype, but there's still a few things that make it look different than a regular Marvel game.
It'd be amazing to see an ASW title hit a million copies sold to consumers in just a couple of months. It'd also be even more amazing to see Dragon Ball Z at EVO haha. It's something we should have expected all our lives considering the demographics and history of the FGC.
BTW, first Master Alex Gunfight is streaming:
https://www.twitch.tv/gunfight

Edit: NVM, just ended
Apparently he'll be at EVO this year. I'd like to see him make top 32.

Edzi

It'd be amazing to see an ASW title hit a million copies sold to consumers in just a couple of months. It'd also be even more amazing to see Dragon Ball Z at EVO haha. It's something we should have expected all our lives considering the demographics and history of the FGC.

Apparently he'll be at EVO this year. I'd like to see him make top 32.

He's gonna get Alex nerfed again.

Has anyone else found that since the new CFN they have been regularly experience connection issues and more laggy games? Seems to be the case for me.

Some nights it works fine as ever but quite often i lose connection a bunch to the server, cant log in or get nights of laggy games.

Have you tried running a test of your connection during normal and bad nights?
The SourceForge one is pretty nice, since it doesn't require Flash:
https://sourceforge.net/speedtest/

You will want to pay special attention to jitter and packet loss, since those largely reflect the quality of your connection. A big bandwidth is not important for a game like SFV.

Ucchedavāda;240345804 said:

You will want to pay special attention to jitter and packet loss, since those largely reflect the quality of your connection. A big bandwidth is not important for a game like SFV.

I have in the past and its normally just fine. Will try running this and see what it says. Maybe something changed thanks.

Ucchedavāda;240345804 said:

That's a neat test

1ms jitter...UNACCEPTABLE

Just ran that test on wifi, I'm disgusted even more with you wifi warriors.
Ran the test 3 times, 3 wildly different, but still gross, results.

Well i have to just set it to accept what ever it throws at me as despite setting it to 4-5 only it constantly throws and 1-2 bar fights and me and it turns out half of those play just fine.

5 test..

0ms
0ms
1ms
1ms
0ms

32ping
26 ping
27 ping
33 ping
29 ping

See those nice test go into SFV, first game is laggy PS4 user probably on WIFI...quit SFV..

Went on holiday having played a few eds and beating them. Come back a week later and now ed players know how to play him and i have no idea how he plays so get murdered lol. Guess its karma or something.

19ms Ping, 2ms Jitter, 0% Packet Loss.

Maybe SFV just has a problem like BF4 with the rubber banding and Packet Loss. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Which Ironically never experienced rubber banding in BF4 when It came out.

Maybe SFV just has a problem like BF4 with the rubber banding and Packet Loss. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

BF4 netcode is worse than SFV, it's not P2P system, it's on a dedicated server and plays like shit, BF3 netcode is garbage too, until Dice rebuilds the netcode from the ground up, never buying another BF game..

MrCarter

Maybe SFV just has a problem like BF4 with the rubber banding and Packet Loss. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Well it wouldn't be a problem for you anymore because you stopped playing.

;)

Out of curiosity, for those of you that issues with the SFV online, have you tried forwarding the relevant ports from your router to your PC or PS4?

Also, disabling QOS and DDOS protection on the router helped me back with USFIV on Steam, so that might be worth trying.

Ucchedavāda;240367004 said:
Out of curiosity, for those of you that issues with the SFV online, have you tried forwarding the relevant ports from your router to your PC or PS4?

Also, disabling QOS and DDOS protection on the router helped me back with USFIV on Steam, so that might be worth trying.

Did all that......... still lags, WIFI and P2P is oil and water...

They need a better way to show your connection to the opponent. The bars might as well not be there. I played a 1 bar connection earlier and it was flawless. At rematch it was still 1 bar. Guy rematched me as well so i assume it was fine his end. I play 5 bar connections that get lag as well. Its dumb.

From now on i guess i will just auto accept and if its bad, leave after first match.

Producer

gonna have to sit through some zzz cinematic shooters and deep compelling storytelling for some mvci news and whatever scraps get thrown at sfv. hype

Zackat

gonna have to sit through some zzz cinematic shooters and deep compelling storytelling for some mvci news and whatever scraps get thrown at sfv. hype

just wait for the melts about games being online

it's both exasperating and entertaining at the same time

I guess DBF is the new blonde fighter?
Even Frieza goes blonde haha.
We got Jojos, and Dragon ball Z now...

we need some new.....80's 90's anime fighting games.

Where's my new Sailor Moon fighting game?

Where's my new Yu Yu Hakusho Tournament Edition fighting game?

Where's Ruroni Kenshin Last blade ripoff?

What about a Ranma 1/2 bloody roar style game?

What about Tenchi Mu.....no wait, fuck that show.
It really only dawned on me recently but I am jonesin hard for some legit Sailor Moon games. Give me a fighter, give me something by Platinum, whatever! I want it!

Top Bottom