• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIII| New Delayed Generation - Controversial Inputs

Yeah. I wouldn't expect them to do anything for SFV besides drop a trailer for Abigail this week (and probably not spending time on it on main stage tbh since they have their own stream tomorrow and the day after IIRC).

d8a.gif

You guys shouldn't listen to X-Kira

Told y'all they aint announcing shit. Sony isn't going to give them stage time for SFV. The most you will get this week is Abigail on stream probably and some MVCI gamepla y impressions from people on the floor. Super wouldn't be announced until around Capcom Cup anyway.

Just realized I'm sitting on 140k Fight Money and need to do something. Should I just buy the S2 character pass, should I get a stage, should I get a character, costume, or buy the costume/color pack, etc. Decisions decisions.

Also I dunno if I'm just matching up against really good players, but Ed is kicking my ass. His throw seems super fast and he's extremely mobile. I definitely need to learn his and Bison's matchup more (
Gief main
).

kirblar

I don't know what you were expecting w/ CEO around the corner and WAY easier to get oxygen at.

Doubling up at E3 didn't make sense.

E3's been pretty ehh so far for me.

So far, Dragonball FighterZ really has been the highlight, and all that game got on the mainstage was a 2 minute trailer at the XBOX conference.

Speeder-Man and God of War look nice but I'm still gonna wait for reviews.

Getting TWO Housemarquee games within 2-3 months was a VERY pleasant surprise.

Sayad

Told y'all they aint announcing shit. Sony isn't going to give them stage time for SFV. The most you will get this week is Abigail on stream probably and some MVCI gamepla y impressions from people on the floor. Super wouldn't be announced until around Capcom Cup anyway.
Which is weird because it looked like Sony could have used what ever they could put their hands on!

I really dont get it. I think the lesson they learned is that casuals love story modes and dont want actual gameplay.

Idk whatever hopefully more gameplay comes out over the week.

Which is weird because it looked like Sony could have used what ever they could put their hands on!

Sony: "We need more games!"

Capcpom: "We got a new character coming out for SFV!"

Sony: " Uhhhh..... maybe we can just REALLY drag out the Uncharted trailer"

Sony had a lackluster E3, as did every damn company, but these things only run so long. And most of the people watching don't give a shit about SFV.

Like yeah that Uncharted demo was long but let's be honest - that's going to draw in ten times more views and eyes than a gangly SFV character.

I really dont get it. I think the lesson they learned is that casuals love story modes and dont want actual gameplay.

Idk whatever hopefully more gameplay comes out over the week.

People are literally going to be playing the game for the next week, between E3 and CEO. Plenty of gameplay info will be flooding in.

I got Rev 2 and I haven't really played SFV in a while. Capcom can knock themselves out.

Bethesda did well from what I heard. The Evil Within 2 is going to be awesome.

The Evil Within 2 looked great. And I think there was one more game? Not sure. The rest was whatever. Especially paid mods.

highlight of e3 for me was that beyond good and evil trailer. it was amazing

There wasn't gameplay was there? I just remember that CGI trailer. At least it's real.

So far my favorite was MH. That shit looked dope. And obviously DBZ but I wanna get more straight up impressions on that.

Nothing MVCI could show would ursurp DBZ. It's a hype IP into a 2.5 game we've all wanted for the longest by some good ass developers and some good ass graphics. The only way Marvel could compete is if they changed the artstyle

Pompadour

I remember reading theories that SFV was so budget because Capcom was dumping that money into MvC4. Now I'm thinking it's the other way around.

Those models are like, not supposed to be zoomed in on lol but they are gonna use them for the story anyway.

They don't even blink.

Their eyes don't even move. It's insane.

Sayad

yeah but they took it a little too far this time
I actually expected it to be much more Dragon Dogma and less MH, but this looked like a way safer game than I had imagined. Like, you have better mobility options and they're trying to introduce new mechanics to none Monster Hunting activities which no one really care about, but they're obviously keeping the same core MH combat all the way to the quirky animations!

It was instantly recognisable as MH and that's what's important. Not keeping it the exact same game for 50 years.
Give it a chance, you might come to love what they changed/added.

Producer

I actually expected it to be much more Dragon Dogma and less MH, but this looked like a way safer game than I had imagined. Like, you have better mobility options and they're trying to introduce new mechanics to none Monster Hunting activities which no one really care about, but they're obviously keeping the same core MH combat all the way to the quirky animations!

yeah i definately expected them to go way more ham on the changes. Could've been worse. Not feeling the stealth and batman vision though. But im still gonna play it, lol

street fighter

Top Bottom