• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIII| New Delayed Generation - Controversial Inputs

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
So, on another note, everyone's top 5 games at E3? Mine are:

God of War
Mario Odyssey
Spider-Man
Dragonball Fighterz
Shadow of the Colossus Remaster

1. Dragonball FighterZ - Stunning. Dropping everything else when this hits
2. Monster Hunter World - As a long-time MH fan the reveal was weird, but latest info seems legit
3. Anthem - Looks like it could be the next bro-op hit if it delivers on promise
4. Lawbreakers - Wasn't interested in the game until they announced it was coming to PS4 and not at full-price
5. Dragonball FighterZ - Let's make this a DBZ sandwich list because this game is going to be my bnb

God of War
Mario Odyssey
Spider-Man
Dragonball Fighterz
  • Dragonball FighterZ
  • Ass Creed: Origins
  • Wolfenstein 2
  • God of War
  • Speeder-Man

If you count games that WEREN'T at the actual conferences, then Yakuza: Kiwami and Yakuza 6 make it to the top instead. Also Matterfall looks fun. I was generally disappointed by the lack of Japanese games tbh.

myco666

God of War
Mario Odyssey
Spider-Man
Dragonball Fighterz

The Evil Within 2
Wolfenstein 2
Dragonball FighterZ
Shadow of the Colossus
God of War

I really want Evil Within 2 but damn, they showed nothing but jump scares set pieces, and that's the thing I hated the most from the first game.

Did you watch the gameplay trailer?

• Dragonball FighterZ
  • Wolfenstein 2
  • God of War
  • Speeder-Man

If you count games that WEREN'T at the actual conferences, then Yakuza: Kiwami and Yakuza 6 make it to the top instead. Also Matterfall looks fun. I was generally disappointed by the lack of Japanese games tbh.

What a weeb

What a weeb
I generally like Japanese action games :( I wanted a new Ninja Gaiden (Ni-Oh doesn't quite scratch that itch), DMC5, Dead or Alive 6, and games of that nature.

I love games with a focus on melee combat and mobility and Japanese devs are just the best at that. As good as God of War will be, it will never manage to top the flashiness and fun of a DMC or Ninja Gaiden game.

Not a big fan of the standard weeb shit though.

Ni No Kuni 2 does not look appealing to me. If Code Vein gets good reviews then I'll eventuallt play that too but I don't have much hope, it's so anime.

myco666

I generally like Japanese action games :( I wanted a new Ninja Gaiden (Ni-Oh doesn't quite scratch that itch), DMC5, Dead or Alive 6, and games of that nature.

I love games with a focus on melee combat and mobility and Japanese devs are just the best at that. As good as God of War will be, it will never manage to top the flashiness and fun of a DMC or Ninja Gaiden game.

Not a big fan of the standard weeb shit though.

Ni No Kuni 2 does not look appealing to me. If Code Vein gets good reviews then I'll eventuallt play that too but I don't have much hope, it's so anime.

Yeah Japanese devs know how to make games feel and look good. Have hard time getting excited about western AAA games most of the time. I think 95% of my games are from Japanese devs lol.

DCRRRCQWAAAQ9QM.jpg:large
https://twitter.com/HBJohnXuandou/status/874913583796297730

Today I learned that if you end a combo with cr mp with birdie you'll be close enough for an ex throw. You can also use LP throw but can get blown up if they walk back.

Poor guy was just trying to play SFV but that asshole F.A.N.G wouldn't let him. Also kinda serves as proof that people online repeatedly do stuff in the hope that it works.

In other news, made it to Diamond. I was just 20 lp away from 14000, figured what the hey.

Congratulations on reaching Diamond!

So many people in this game will just keep jumping.
One thing I noticed while playing Balrog was how many matches I won off AA stMP, and how often people would have no idea what to do after their jump-ins got shut down. Mind you, that was in silver - gold leagues.

myco666

Poor guy was just trying to play SFV but that asshole F.A.N.G wouldn't let him. Also kinda serves as proof that people online repeatedly do stuff in the hope that it works.

In other news, made it to Diamond. I was just 20 lp away from 14000, figured what the hey.

Thats how you play footsies though.

You mean this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBPkGPR1mfw

It had like 2 seconds of shooting, another 2 with knife combat and about a minute and a half of horror set pieces!

It is bit low on combat but it shows other than horror set pieces too. Lot of locations, enemy designs, atmosphere, etc. There is also the other trailer that shows bit more gameplay.

Ucchedavāda;240684484 said:
CFN Statistics for May are up:
http://game.capcom.com/cfn/sfv/stats/

However, the character usage page appears to be broken at the moment, so no comparison with the previous month from me, this time.

EDIT: Looks like they were taken down again. LOL.

What do the combat stats mean. Sorry if this is obvious. Is it whether its a match up in your favour or not? Lower than 5 is against and above is in.

As for usage stats i guess im happy to be one of the 2.671%

• Dragonball FighterZ
  • Wolfenstein 2
  • God of War
  • Speeder-Man

Dragonball, Mario Odyssey, and Maybe wolfenstein for me. I was pretty underwhelmed this year.
Mvs CI hurt. I was really looking forward to it but boy that demo.
Bright sid is I finally got XrdRev2

What do the combat stats mean. Sorry if this is obvious. Is it whether its a match up in your favour or not? Lower than 5 is against and above is in.

As for usage stats i guess im happy to be one of the 2.671%

For each row, it shows how many matches out of 10 that the character on that row wins against the characters on the corresponding columns. In other words, if you multiply that value by 10, then you get the win percentage for that matchup. So less than five is a disadvantageous matcthup and greater than five is an advantageous matchup.

However, keep in mind that these numbers will be heavily dominated by players at silver and below, since those constitute the vast majority of the player-base.

Ucchedavāda;240712828 said:
For each row, it shows how many matches out of 10 that the character on that row wins against the characters on the corresponding columns. In other words, if you multiply that value by 10, then you get the win percentage for that matchup. So less than five is a disadvantageous matcthup and greater than five is an advantageous matchup.

However, keep in mind that these numbers will be heavily dominated by players at silver and below, since those constitute the vast majority of the player-base.

Thanks.thats what i assumed but couldn't see an explanation.

That's why having a constant schedule for DLC characters is so key. Keeps people interested. Ed brought back a few people at my locals.

Everyone is kinda picking up multiple fighters in general these days, too. Bunch of pro players are dabbling in Tekken and Injustice. I hope they stick with it, I like seeing people play more fighters across the board. Cross pollinate, baby.

SF needs that Super update though. I want Birdie to be able to stick his trash on someone and add an extra hit for more combo opportunities or some dumb shit like that.

kirblar

That's why having a constant schedule for DLC characters is so key. Keeps people interested. Ed brought back a few people at my locals.

Everyone is kinda picking up multiple fighters in general these days, too. Bunch of pro players are dabbling in Tekken and Injustice. I hope they stick with it, I like seeing people play more fighters across the board. Cross pollinate, baby.

SF needs that Super update though. I want Birdie to be able to stick his trash on someone and add an extra hit for more combo opportunities or some dumb shit like that.
A big issue w/ their current schedule is that they are just not putting out enough characters and content to make the GAAS model work for them.

Look at OW. New Map! Event! New Hero! Event! Repeat Ad Nauseum.

You have to keep people invested and interested.

Edzi

They really stressed a few key things in the MvCi stream with combofiend earlier today, like how they wanted to allow players to express themselves with their characters, how they wanted there to be a lot of options and creativity, how they want movement to feel good and fluid, and how they want to make it clear that they listen to the players and want to keep them happy. I guess this is their way of saying they don't give a shit about SFV or the people who play it.

Blueblur1

A big issue w/ their current schedule is that they are just not putting out enough characters and content to make the GAAS model work for them.

Look at OW. New Map! Event! New Hero! Event! Repeat Ad Nauseum.

You have to keep people invested and interested.

Their radio silence between updates doesn't help either. I think its always going to be this way since Capcom JP is always going to be in charge of development and subsequently in charge of the actual game. I have zero confidence they will ever improve enough on this front.

Blueblur1

So I see they updated Battle Lounge search sort order without telling anyone. lol That kind of thing is why I have no hope for substantial improvement.

Top Bottom