• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIII| New Delayed Generation - Controversial Inputs

Wasn't Yahoo eat-Sports the one with the interviewer that made a shitty racist joke at Mike Ross' expense?

EDIT: Yup

t34r0TN.jpg

Blueblur1

Yeah, he also wrote that Curley Cirucit piece without reaching out to Yipes, Persia, etc before publishing. Mike's made a couple mistakes here and there but I appreciated that positive spotlight Yahoo esports cast on the FGC the majority of the time.

They really stressed a few key things in the MvCi stream with combofiend earlier today, like how they wanted to allow players to express themselves with their characters, how they wanted there to be a lot of options and creativity, how they want movement to feel good and fluid, and how they want to make it clear that they listen to the players and want to keep them happy. I guess this is their way of saying they don't give a shit about SFV or the people who play it.

I very much doubt that the team working on MvC:I is in any position to do something about SFV. They can, however, learn from the criticism that SFV has received, and they at least appear to be signalling that they have done just that.

They really stressed a few key things in the MvCi stream with combofiend earlier today, like how they wanted to allow players to express themselves with their characters, how they wanted there to be a lot of options and creativity, how they want movement to feel good and fluid, and how they want to make it clear that they listen to the players and want to keep them happy. I guess this is their way of saying they don't give a shit about SFV or the people who play it.

It's a good thing that they are seemingly well aware of the usual criticism SFV receives, maybe they'll address them if there is indeed a Super version coming out next year.

stn

Something I don't understand about Ed. His fireball (F+MP~MP) is -4 on block. I have seen known players use it in a block-string and, not only never get punished, but also be able to throw st. MP and score a counter-hit. What the hell?

I really wish in battle lounge and casual match i could have a region select. No I dont want to play against people in Americas or east Asia. No way its not a teleport fest.

kirblar

Something I don't understand about Ed. His fireball (F+MP~MP) is -4 on block. I have seen known players use it in a block-string and, not only never get punished, but also be able to throw st. MP and score a counter-hit. What the hell?
It has 2 hitboxes, one on Ed when it's coming out, and another on the fireball itself, right?

Kikirin

Likely a spacing thing. I imagine the -4 is from when he's at point blank range, so it'd be less disadvantageous / more advantageous if he's spaced where the fireball isn't connecting on the first possible frame it appears. That and/or the opponent hesitated / doesn't know / used too slow of a button out of blockstun.

There's definitely a lot of weird Ed shit, the same thing happens to me.

Sayad

Kolin has a lot of this too, you do a move that's -3 or -4 but spaced to end up at a distance where the other character doesn't have any 4 frames moves that could punish you at that distance, in which case if they attempt to punish their attack whiff and your next attack which is just 3~4 frames after theirs will whiff punish their attack.

EVO, 2017
TheSpoiler makes Top 32 with a new character. The crowd is going wild. Players are starting to sweat - this dude with a brand new character is putting killers in body bags like it's nothing.
He goes through them all. Justin Wong. Wolfkrone. Tokido. Fuudo. Momo. Nobody is safe from this man's rampage.
Top 8 happens. It's a clean victory. This Abigail player is cleaning house.
Down to the final match with another top player. It's not even close. Abigail is just too strong. TheSpoiler takes it and wins EVO 2017. Mandalay Bay erupts with cheers as the underdog raises his trophy in the air.
Gootecks walks over, mic in hand to speak, and ask how a Sliver player got so good so fast.
TheSpoiler wipes his mouth.
A man has to eat.

Capcom the only thing I'm missing is this new character. Stop blocking me from greatness.

Mizerman

EVO, 2017
TheSpoiler makes Top 32 with a new character. The crowd is going wild. Players are starting to sweat - this dude with a brand new character is putting killers in body bags like it's nothing.
He goes through them all. Justin Wong. Wolfkrone. Tokido. Fuudo. Momo. Nobody is safe from this man's rampage.
Down to the final match with another top player. It's not even close. Abigail is just too strong. TheSpoiler takes it and wins EVO 2017. Mandalay Bay erupts with cheers as the underdog raises his trophy in the air.
Gootecks walks over, mic in hand to speak, and ask how a Sliver player got so good so fast.
A man has to eat.

Capcom the only thing I'm missing is this new character. Stop blocking me from greatness.

Yeah, Booty-O's tend to do that.

EVO, 2017
A man has to eat.

Bro for your sake I hope he doesn't wind up another Alex.

Also what's the reason again that we think it's Abigail instead of Azam as the new grappler?

Ryce

Also what's the reason again that we think it's Abigail instead of Azam as the new grappler?
  • The silhouette looking a lot like Abigail and nothing like Azam
  • A leak from October claiming that Akuma, Kolin, Ed, Abigail, Menat, and Zeku would be the season two DLC characters, two months before the silhouettes were revealed

Abigail seems like such a wasted opportunity. Hopefully he is interesting in some way.
So far this season they have done a good job making the characters unique

Only just now saw the trailer for Ace combat 7.

1. Ace combat 7
2. Anthem
3. MVCI (after playing the demo)
4. DBFZ
5. Mika schoolgirl costume.

I just hope that if Abigail is a grappler they make his command throw badass.

T-Hawk's was really lame in that it was just a kinda slam. SPD and Moonsault Press shit all over T-Hawk's stuff.

HardRojo

So other than those 3 new costumes (lol it's like the nostalgia costumes for Alex and Ibuki were never announced), nothing of substance was announced during E3 for SFV?

Edzi

So other than those 3 new costumes (lol it's like the nostalgia costumes for Alex and Ibuki were never announced), nothing of substance was announced during E3 for SFV?

Yup. We've come full circle, SFV itself has been left behind by Capcom.

Capcom said months ago that there would be some some surprises around E3 or San Diego Comic Con. I don't think a lack of news at E3 really means much. They clearly want to focus on Marvel this week, which makes sense from a business standpoint.

Blueblur1

For all we know in January they were thinking of revealing Super SFV (assuming its real) at E3 and then plans changed. At this point if any big update is coming I don't expect we'll hear anything before PSX. Sneakers said so and the Super SFV rumor has been backed up by Bornfree (and also mentioned by the Best of V guys yesterday) that I'm almost convinced its coming.

Or, as mentioned in the link, maybe something neat at SDCC?

Blueblur1

SDCC is July 20 - 23 this year. The week after EVO. Watch Capcom wait until that week to reveal something neat; people will flip out and ask why not at EVO.

SDCC is July 20 - 23 this year. The week after EVO. Watch Capcom wait until that week to reveal something neat; people will flip out and ask why not at EVO.
Remember when Ono announced Juri by name at Evo, but didn't show her trailer until SDCC?

That was weird as hell, especially following the Dizzy trailer.

Top Bottom