• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIII| New Delayed Generation - Controversial Inputs

Bob White

He seemed upset that I could actually punish his random shoulders. The match he stayed for, I could feel the shift in his mind after I punished his bullshit dash on reaction with super.

Literally his whole game plan was

Random shoulder getting punished? ok try...
Dash throw attempts getting punished? ok try...
Fishing wildly for st hp crush counter.

This game is breeding these fucking "yung gouki" style players, man. Since everything is blow up rush that shit down. They think they're the fucking shit.

And to anyone thinking "Man, bob, you kinda petty for going in on this dude like this"

To you I say, this is all the enjoyment I can get out of the game. Don't deny me RQ salt.

joe2187

Banned
All the people I regularly played SFIV and KOF with dont like to play SFV but me....

I miss playing in large 8 player lobbies, I havent had a lobby full with more than 2-3 or more at a time.

Village

All the people I regularly played SFIV and KOF with dont like to play SFV but me....

I miss playing in large 8 player lobbies, I havent had a lobby full with more than 2-3 or more at a time.

I feel you, i get more people wanting to play tekken.

While I like tekken 7 more than I like this game

I still like this game, ya know

Kashiwaba

I feel you, i get more people wanting to play tekken.

While I like tekken 7 more than I like this game

I still like this game, ya know

My Tekken 7 experience so far can be summarized with Loading screens + connection with opponent lost, when i play in the lobby there is more loading time than play time.

Village

korean backdashes

Ah, if you feel like you need to do that. Then that's your beef with the game.

I have no respect for people who play trash characters and then act as though they deserve a good character.

Everyone deserves to fight on a more fair playing field.

Also you play fang, don't be upset that people play alex, because they like alex as a character and nobody but weirdos like fang.

Village

FANG is a weirdo. Alex is just trash.

Don't be jealous of perfection

alex-3s.jpg

Well it's also... the game at a certain point, and feels like a needless holdover. It's a technique that becomes essential for your own mobility and spacing.

Can I ask what it is exactly do you want out of the back dash? Or movement in general? Because depending on your answer you I may have and unfortunate answer for you.

Village

SFV-Alex_Portrait.jpg

Look at that stupid haircut

Capcom tried to mess with perfection, they fucked up

They kinda fixed with the battle outfit, they still fucked up though

Mods fixed it though

alex is awful in every way. make his legs face the right way ffs

Look at Marvel chun li's face and ask yourself is capcom gonna fix anything

That game made me loose ALL HOPE of that happening ever.

They let meth dante out the door like that shit was ok

You're not wrong, he's the perfect garbage character. Perfected the art of being trash.

Don't be mad because No one likes the character you like. Every time people look at fang they just ask " where's sagat"

Don't be mad because No one likes the character you like. Every time people look at fang they just ask " where's sagat"
I'm mad that people don't like FANG and then like Alex the refuse. Every other character is fine, even Necalli and Laura. But alex? Just why.

Village

I'm mad that people don't like FANG and then like Alex the refuse. Every other character is fine, even Necalli and Laura. But alex? Just why.

Because he looks cool, and is a cool as wrestler man. Also because his silly

" I will get revenge for this fight you lost fair and square tom "

" But I lost the fight fair and squ.."

" REVENGE"

Well Abby is for sure coming due to the website leak. And the crew keeps dropping hints so at least we'll probably get a reveal at the panel or something.

Just wish we had something a little meatier.

Gimme some modes.

I need to stop playing Guile until I get this stick. I won't stop flash kicking randomly in the first place and when I need to AA I miss it half the time.

Fuck this, I might just have the RAZER sent to gamestop, pay the extra fee, and pick it up early. Saving a few bucks ain't worth it.

Yo, question to the community. What was your first Street Fighter? I've been curious about where people started with the series. For me, the first Street Fighter I played was Third Strike on the Dreamcast when I was about 7 or 8. It was also the very first fighting game I ever played.

When i was a kid (somewhere between 9-10 maybe) my sports center had a couple of arcade machines. After swimming i would play then. This new thing arrive called SF2. I immediately fell in love with it. From there i got
Sf2 on amiga
Sf1 on amiga (holy shit, so bad)
Sf2 on snes (was amazing)

From there i played a lot of different fighting games over the years. In the PS era it was a lot of tekken, soul blade/caliber, bloody roar, rival schools etc etc. Then the sf ex games having missed the SFV alpha series for some reason. Came back to SF with the EX games.

After that i stopped playing fighting games for years when i got my ps4 i tried SFIV but just didnt like it much. Then MKX happened and i had some fun with thay and my love of fighting games started to come back. Then SFV came out and i have been playing since release.

Veal

He seemed upset that I could actually punish his random shoulders. The match he stayed for, I could feel the shift in his mind after I punished his bullshit dash on reaction with super.

Literally his whole game plan was

Random shoulder getting punished? ok try...
Dash throw attempts getting punished? ok try...
Fishing wildly for st hp crush counter.

This game is breeding these fucking "yung gouki" style players, man. Since everything is blow up rush that shit down. They think they're the fucking shit.

And to anyone thinking "Man, bob, you kinda petty for going in on this dude like this"

To you I say, this is all the enjoyment I can get out of the game. Don't deny me RQ salt.

I feel you man.

I got a question for anyone that might have a similar experience.

I own both a fight stick and ds4 pad. When I first started playing i used an xboxone controller on PC and the fightstick was a huge upgrade as the XBO dpad is not very good for me on fighting games but the DS4 pad is great.

I currently play better on DS4 than my fightstick mainly because for some reason i have issues doing double fireball motions with one press at the end. For example Mika's HP > 2xQCB + P. I have no issue with this on pad.

While I can just use my DS4 I suffer back pain and think it might be more comfortable on fight stick as I dont have to constantly be holding something (i could be wrong as its upper back pain and maybe using a stick is harder on those muscles? not sure). That and hitting big buttons is the best feeling ever.

No matter how much I used to practise I always had issues doing that one particular motion. And always more so one way than the other.

Any tips? If I hadn't got bored of Guile I would be fine as charge characters are great on stick.

Scotia

Banned
Yo, question to the community. What was your first Street Fighter? I've been curious about where people started with the series. For me, the first Street Fighter I played was Third Strike on the Dreamcast when I was about 7 or 8. It was also the very first fighting game I ever played.

I played Street Fighter 2 in an museum for like 20 seconds when I was (I think) around 14. Growing up I was Mortal Kombat kid so I didn't get into Street Fighter until way later. First Street Fighter game I ever bought and played was (ironically) Ultra Street Fighter 4. I enjoyed it but hated how it looked and didn't like most of the characters. I remember wanting to buy Third Strike for ages (mainly due to watching Two Best Friends Play's many videos on it) and for some reason bought Ultra first lol. When I finally did get Third Strike I was hooked and I've been stanning the game ever since haha.

Beil

Everybody tall enough to reach the buttons and see the screen in 1991 played Street Fighter II. The game was ubiquitous in the first half of the 90s. Every mall, movie theater, laundromat, corner store, pool hall and stand alone arcade had SFII. Playing Street Fighter II was just synonymous with playing video games back then. You played platformers and you played Street Fighter II, you had no choice.

I love this post, it's just how I remember it. TRON-style madness. SFII cabs everywhere. Excited crowds and weird rumours all around.

Now my first SF is technically SF1, as I played it once, in a seaside arcade (not long) before the sequel came out. IIRC it was the six-button version, not the pressure pad one. I didn't know what was going on, and died quickly, as was usually the way

When SFII hit those same arcades it was a different story altogether. 26 years later I'm still playing. :)

Everybody tall enough to reach the buttons and see the screen in 1991 played Street Fighter II. The game was ubiquitous in the first half of the 90s. Every mall, movie theater, laundromat, corner store, pool hall and stand alone arcade had SFII. Playing Street Fighter II was just synonymous with playing video games back then. You played platformers and you played Street Fighter II, you had no choice.
*in the US.

Same here for SFIV. Another thing is that people using mics have dropped down a lot since the XBL days so it really doesn't feel the same.

Top Bottom