• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIII| New Delayed Generation - Controversial Inputs

If I had my wish then there would be no returning characters.

Even though I'd love to see returning characters, the thrill of having brand new personalities, designs and movesets is just unmatched.

JusDoIt

F.A.N.G and Necalli look right at home with some of the quirkier SFIII characters.

GVkFmI2.png

No character in SFV looks as dumb as Twelve.

If I had my wish then there would be no returning characters.

Even though I'd love to see returning characters, the thrill of having brand new personalities, designs and movesets is just unmatched.
But where's muh SAGAT

muh SAGAT guys

i've been maining him since puzzle fighter

WHERE SAGT

No yeah, I love having new characters, but I could just imagine the ire that would get considering how much they're getting for season 2 despite the majority of DLC characters already being returns lol.

Oro is cool. Necro's some jobber
Nah. Necro's definitely got the cool thing down pat. Oro is literally a disgusting ballsack of a man. Necro is animated, sings, has Effie as a backup, he's great.

mbpm1

Oro is s disgusting hermit dude who farts in your face when he throws you, but he's still cooler than necro. :p

On a serious note it would be cool to see how they would make 12 in this engine too, even though he would be fang tier

mbpm1

If Sagat returned they would probably make him sf2 lean again and let him walk with speed for once. As long as he had a decent fireball game and normals I think I would like him like that

LakeEarth

If Sagat returned they would probably make him sf2 lean again and let him walk with speed for once. As long as he had a decent fireball game and normals I think I would like him like that

Based on what they did with Ed, I don't think they're ever going to make a male character "lean" ever again.

Soooo, has anything interesting happened since Evo?

I didn't have time to watch Evo while it was happening, so I decided to go for a media blackout until I finished watching all the VODs. What an amazing top 8, and many great matches leading up to it.

And Abigail looks absolutely ridiculous, which is what I hoped for.
I'm not sure about his move-set, though.

mbpm1

Ucchedavāda;243926136 said:
Soooo, has anything interesting happened since Evo?

I didn't have time to watch Evo while it was happening, so I decided to go for a media blackout until I finished watching all the VODs. What an amazing top 8, and many great matches leading up to it.

And Abigail looks absolutely ridiculous, which is what I hoped for.
I'm not sure about his move-set, though.
Evo was barely this weekend. Wait til sdcc I think

MrCarter

- Those costumes look great

- Also that backdash with the finger guns is a nice little touch

- They can't use the build with the training mode apparently because there's stuff there that hasn't been revealed yet. Possibly at SDCC.

Ucchedavāda;243929727 said:
I think they said that it was a show-build, so training mode is probably disabled.
Pretty sure I also heard them say that there was something in training mode they weren't allowed to show.

Pretty sure I also heard them say that there was something in training mode they weren't allowed to show.

I probably just missed that.

But I am not sure what would be visible in training mode, compared to VS.
The character select and stage select are the same, so perhaps has to be something to do with the options.

kirblar

- Those costumes look great

- Also that backdash with the finger guns is a nice little touch

- They can't use the build with the training mode apparently because there's stuff there that hasn't been revealed yet. Possibly at SDCC.
Yeah, this is interesting. Something's coming in the patch that hasn't been announced yet. Probably not Menat, no reason to do her early.

FluxWaveZ

Ucchedavāda;243929727 said:
I think they said that it was a show-build, so training mode is probably disabled.

Yeah, as mentioned above, Logan talked about how there's something there that even he's not allowed to see. And then SDCC was mentioned.

Not sure what it could involve, or if it's just Capcom being Capcom and they don't want us seeing an icon of something that's already been announced, like a stage.

Top Bottom