• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIII| New Delayed Generation - Controversial Inputs

So the new CPT stage is called "Ring of Pride".

And Capcom recently revealed that they considered this design for F.A.N.G's back:

Is this Capcom's way of hinting that the next story mode will be a tale of star-crossed lovers?

C_BU6IfWAAAIFO2.jpg

C_BVlYqXkAA1jjZ.jpg

C_BVl9IXcAAJ-ft.jpg

MrCarter

I can be a purist but I think it could use some new elements. Subtle stuff though; not goofy NPCs.

It does have subtle stuff. If you look closely you will see the clouds on the horizon moving across very slowly, the placards on each side breaking and small birds flying across the stage from each side. The new orchestra theme is also a bonus.

MrCarter

Haunts quit? Bummer.

Earlier this year he deleted all of his social accounts. Some guy caught him at an event and he said he was taking a "break".

Yeah, I didn't know that. That sucks. The guy did the best he could and got a company's worth of fan-anger at him as a result.

Guys he didn't quit Capcom lol. I think it was fatigue that got him but he's still the director of Digital Media & eSports and was seen on one of Ono's pics last week at their Capcom USA office.

https://twitter.com/yoshi_onochin/status/885347831870930944

He's also the one who gave us the CPT blog a few months ago and helped to re-structure the CPT as well as including the bonus FM challenges for the CPT DLC pack.

https://blog.us.playstation.com/201...2017-kicks-off-with-new-street-fighter-v-dlc/

kirblar

It was mentioned by people who knew at the time that whatever the deal w/ the social media deletion was- it was personal and not job-related.

Scotia

Banned
Guys he didn't quit Capcom lol. I think it was fatigue that got him but he's still the director of Digital Media & eSports and was seen on one of Ono's pics last week at their Capcom USA office.

https://twitter.com/yoshi_onochin/status/885347831870930944

He's also the one who gave us the CPT blog a few months ago and helped to re-structure the CPT as well as including the bonus FM challenges for the CPT DLC pack.

https://blog.us.playstation.com/201...2017-kicks-off-with-new-street-fighter-v-dlc/

That's good, glad he hasn't quit. Hope he takes his time and comes back when he's ready.

Is there a list of counter-hit push back moves? Like, the buttons you can pretty on wake up that cause a little bit more push back when you get counter hit out of them so your opponent goes out of range for their combo?
I've been hit by this a few times and I don't want to be caught off guard if someone starts doing it against me.

Pompadour

He's 8 feet tall and built for power

If he doesn't have that, what is he for?

He will probably feel different in game though, these demonstrations always underwhelm me.

Doesn't he have a command run that can turn into a mid, overhead, command grab, or parry? And it has one hit of armor and two on EX?

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
If they really stick to the 2 month rule now then Zeku wouldn't arrive before the end of november, that would be too late for Capcom Cup, so I kinda hope they don't do that.

Urien was released in september as the last season 1 character...

kirblar

Abigail was originally supposed to be June. Menat should be August, Zeku October.

That lets them have a breather month for MvC:I

Lulubop

If they really stick to the 2 month rule now then Zeku wouldn't arrive before the end of november, that would be too late for Capcom Cup, so I kinda hope they don't do that.

Urien was released in september as the last season 1 character...

And Alex came out in March, their first character. Meanwhile Akuma was out in December......

MCD250

Alex's nostalgia costume looks really good.

He's 8 feet tall and built for power

If he doesn't have that, what is he for?

He will probably feel different in game though, these demonstrations always underwhelm me.

Doesn't he have a command run that can turn into a mid, overhead, command grab, or parry? And it has one hit of armor and two on EX?
Right. That being said, I do think he'll be a high damage character, going by that gameplay video they posted a little while ago.

Menat could be the first DLC character I get for this game. Just the fact that she's not another rushdown grappler...ugh. I hope we get zero of those next season.

MrCarter

Menat got me hype, and I know fuck all about her.

Ucchedavāda;243949713 said:
Damn straight!

Same, can't wait to see what she can do.

Me neither! Can't wait to see how she plays, I have a feeling she'll be a zoner/mixer type character. Basically a better (sorry Luce) Fang.

Also can I just say how awesome the new stages and themes are? Some excellent work here. Ryu's stage in particular is a work of art to me. Same with the horizon on the Final Fight stage.

Top Bottom