• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken |OT| Truly, truly outrageous~

Mr Jared

If you guys have any to-the-point feedback, I'd be glad to deliver them to JediRobb after the event. I plan on harassing him as soon as I get the chance.

And then going to Whattaburger. TEXAS.

So another couple of years of Justin Wong Vs Ricky Ortiz NA finals huh.

wow justins dream team of rush down rufus and turtle chun li IN ONE GAME.

Ferrio

Banned
If you guys have any to-the-point feedback, I'd be glad to deliver them to JediRobb after the event. I plan on harassing him as soon as I get the chance.

Ya, this is horrible. Please stop. Get rid of anna, get commentators that are well known in the community. Get rid of the flashing lights. The players look extremely bored, that might be an indication you guys are doing something wrong.

who is this lady? super yan from sexually harassed to bimbo announcer?

I was noticing that too. Accuse FGC of sexual harassment, but use a sexy announcer that doesn't give a shit about the game just for her looks.

Bit more excitement from the commentators and should be done. Rest is fine and highlights the actual fighting game which is the point for me.

Maybe add Cross Assault pictures of the participants before the match. You can feel the lack of hype over the internets by the commentators not talking about the crazy bounce and corner combos the players are executing.

To be fair Justin's Chun is to sleep inducing lameness but I love that kind of stuff.

Chavelo

Ya, this is horrible. Please stop. Get rid of anna, get commentators that are well known in the community. Get rid of the flashing lights.

Yeah... that's not really going to happen...

@ Jared - I would prolly go with a bit less play-by-play commentary (most of the viewers play and known a bit of the game already), and fill the gaps with general talk about the game/theory/data. Read the guide, maybe a bit of history about the players.

Ya, this is horrible. Please stop. Get rid of anna, get commentators that are well known in the community. Get rid of the flashing lights. The players look extremely bored, that might be an indication you guys are doing something wrong.

This. Also, if you guys need to use Anna, just bring her out for the finals.

On the positive, you guys are doing good getting to the next match as quick as possible.

Ferrio

Banned
Also I'd say your ads are targetted all wrong. These are people who mostly play on consoles and stuff, and you're pushing products for PC players. Just using the same ads you'd use for a SC2 event or something. Really seem like you're shoehorning the FGC into e-sports with not much thought.

kitzkozan

JWong is a monster already, no surprise there. :p Although nobody seems to be exploiting even 20% of the engine.

For example, I cannot understand why people playing Ryu keep using ex donkey kick without hit confirming. XD Complete and utter waste of ex meter, especially since this isn't 3rd strike where you could do more ex moves out of your bar. Ex meter shouldn't be wasted unless you hit confirm since you need it for tag and super/cross art as well (no wonder there's so many timeout when people can't properly manage their meter) .

brian

Justin Wong looks unstoppable in this game. Fucking Rufus.

Valle comboing on both characters at the same time was so sick.

Chavelo

Also I'd say your ads are targetted all wrong. These are people who mostly play on consoles and stuff, and you're pushing products for PC players. Just using the same ads you'd use for a SC2 event or something. Really seem like you're shoehorning the FGC into e-sports with not much thought.

Yeah. Instead of PC ads give us more of this:

geico.JPG

340x_flo6310.jpg

And make sure to put this randomly on matches:

logo-CapitalOne.jpg

With 8.95 interest!

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan

Constructive criticism so far:

-Rob and Vik might have ties to the community, but that doesn't automatically make them good commentators. The commentary is way too vanilla. Note: I'm not saying that they have to be R-rated.

-Having the chick interact with an audience that is pretty unhype isn't a good look. I wouldn't say "get rid of her" the way some people are, but it might be better for her to speak directly to the viewers rather than focusing on the crowd. At least until you can be sure that the crowds aren't going to give a tepid response. It just looks bad.

-The event as a whole just seems like any other e-sports event I've ever seen, except instead of an RTS or whatever they just put in a fighting game. Some unique flavor would be a nice touch. Overall things just seem way, way too sterile. 100% Sterility is nice for some things, but I think something that a lot of the community likes about fighting game streams is that, while things might not always be 100% perfectly in order--there are covers strewn about the couch in a heap and dog toys in the middle of the floor--sometimes these small imperfections make things feel a bit more homely and welcoming. If that makes sense.

edit: Also I hope Jedirob realizes that taking stream monster comments too seriously is like being offended when you read 4chan's opinion on current events.

Top Bottom