• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken |OT| Truly, truly outrageous~

Tizoc

I was playing with my friend a few hours ago and he was doing some pretty impressive 400-ish damage combos with 1 meter.
I think that is what players need to find for their characters; useful combos.
Add to that mix-ups and setups that could lead to big damage.
We didn't have any timeouts either BTW, there were rounds where he would beat me within 20-30 counts of the timer.

LakeEarth

I was playing with my friend a few hours ago and he was doing some pretty impressive 400-ish damage combos with 1 meter.
I think that is what players need to find for their characters; useful combos.
This is why Chris G's team is so good. One SRK move tagged into Xiao's kick loop does insane damage for 1 bar. It's like SF4 Ryu's SRK FADC ultra, except it costs only 1 bar (that you nearly re-build anyways) and you can do it any time you want.

Thinking about getting back into this tomorrow. I was previously training with Lili and Julia and I think I'm going to continue with them and see how far I get. :)

I plan on getting back into this game, and I'm thinking about trying out Marduk.

What's the general consensus on him? Is he worth using, or are there better choices?

Is he a battery or an anchor?

What kind of gems would he be best with?

Tizoc

So the update should be out by Thursday or Wednesday right?
Looking forward to the new glitches =3

I plan on getting back into this game, and I'm thinking about trying out Marduk.

What's the general consensus on him? Is he worth using, or are there better choices?

Is he a battery or an anchor?

What kind of gems would he be best with?

I'll see if I can find any useful strats for Marduk, but he is able to do good damage off 1-stock-
Anything-->HCB+2K-->(Far )St. MP-->Dwn+HPxxDP+MP/HP

Horseress

So...the patch is out! No more game freezing Rolento knifes! YAAAAAAAY

10 bucks we'll have another ridiculous bug in this patch

Horseress

I walked right into that one didn't I? =V

I still like the game and the gameplay, Gem system needs a few restrictions/balance tweaks.

It's not just you, everybody (myself included) is disappointed with the game in many ways...I still like it too, but I didn't played the game in the past month, because of how angry that Rolento glitch made me fell...but now I'll give it a shot again, at least until someone find another game breaking glitch

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
The joke of this game is that despite all of its problems past and present, I want to love it.

Unlike some, I even like the way it looks. I adore the presentation and art style.

I love the music, love the basic gameplay concepts, like the way the Tekken Tag tag system is incorporated into a Capcom game. I like how the Tekken characters, for the most part, are realized. This should be one of the games of the forever.

It was just released six months too early, with too many shenanigans involved due to godlike moneyhats from Sony and Capcom's monetization department sinking their claws into the gem system.

Tizoc

The joke of this game is that despite all of its problems past and present, I want to love it.

Unlike some, I even like the way it looks. I adore the presentation and art style.

I love the music, love the basic gameplay concepts, like the way the Tekken Tag tag system is incorporated into a Capcom game. I like how the Tekken characters, for the most part, are realized. This should be one of the games of the forever.

It was just released six months too early, with too many shenanigans involved due to godlike moneyhats from Sony and Capcom's monetization department sinking their claws into the gem system.

The game was in development for over a year, it is possible to balance the Gem system as is tho.

Nori Chan

So I read like two weeks ago that they were going to release something by the name of "Wild card booster pack 3" and it was for a limited time between june 5 to 19 and I can't find it.

is there a certain place to get it or was this never released?

hertog

Haven't played this game for about 2 weeks. Wonder how much better the competition got.
I'm diving in again with Guile/King

J10

Banned
I don't know how I'll ever win a round. I spend entire matches blocking and tech throwing under constant pressure, dashing under cross ups trying desperately to make room. I can never begin to mount any kind of offense. Why am I always being matched against B-ranked players when I'm CLEARLY not on their level? Is there nobody else playing this game who isn't terrific at it?

I don't know how I'll ever win a round. I spend entire matches blocking and tech throwing under constant pressure, dashing under cross ups trying desperately to make room. I can never begin to mount any kind of offense. Why am I always being matched against B-ranked players when I'm CLEARLY not on their level? Is there nobody else playing this game who isn't terrific at it?
backdash or alpha counter, maybe even mash reversal depending on how good your character's reversal is.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag

Stop playing ranked and do endless instead. Although the other day I did some ranked matches after applying the patch -barely anyone was on endless- and got matched up with higher-ranked players. Most of them were just abusing the autoblock gems and sucked.

Nyx

Same here, even if I make an Endless Game room with ''Looking for Beginners'' mentioned, I get B-ranked players joining while I'm lowest ranked with 120BP or something lol.

Funny though, I still enjoy playing because I always pick random vs much higher ranked players, and I find it's a laugh when I get 2 chars I hardly played before, don't know why I think it's funny though. :p

Booter

If they had waited another 6 months AND released with all the DLC characters included as base AND got rid of gems AND fixed a lot of the systems... goty?

It's really too bad that Capcom is now trapped into the "NO disc-based updates" promise, because this is one game that really needs a disc-based reboot, NOT DLC that preserves the game systems that aren't popular.

If they had waited another 6 months AND released with all the DLC characters included as base AND got rid of gems AND fixed a lot of the systems... goty?

It's really too bad that Capcom is now trapped into the "NO disc-based updates" promise, because this is one game that really needs a disc-based reboot, NOT DLC that preserves the game systems that aren't popular.

It probably wouldn't be out of the question to put a mode in that lets you turn off things like gems (or at least DLC gems) and maybe custom colors so people can play it more like a "normal" fighter.

Horseress

I think they could give discounts to people that bought gems/ridiculous colors on the new chars price ($20) and just get rid of it

I mean, ok, they tried something new. It didn't work? Cool, let's make it classic and fun, not revolutionary, but fun

Tizoc

With TTT2 realeasing and having 40+ characters AND a vast character customization mode....it makes Capcpom's 12 character DLC thing stupid really.

Don't remove Gems, they don't do anything major or drastic anyway. If they instead made Gem system more convenient at character selection it would be even better.
Mind you as is the Gem system is fine, altho it does have some Gems that I personally wish they didn't consider including @_@.

SUPARSTARX

fwiw, Amazon has alt costumes for the 12 new characters as a Vita preorder bonus.
Not bad. Might trade in xbox version to get that. ps3 version, master version.

They just patched pc version. It's more playable. No auto block mess yet. Quite frankly I hope they do not posh them out.

DSmalls84

I have been waiting on the Vita version of this and preordered it on Amazon. I got an E-mail saying it had been delayed from October until next year. Did anyone else hear anything about this?

vg260

I have been waiting on the Vita version of this and preordered it on Amazon. I got an E-mail saying it had been delayed from October until next year. Did anyone else hear anything about this?

Date was never really set. Gamestop didn't even have a listing yet. It happens on Amazon a lot when a date is estimated.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
So the character DLC is now coming out on 7/31. Will this breathe new life into the game?

LOL if true.

I've been following the talk on SFxT and am pretty keen to give it a shot on PC, only I'm wondering whether there will be an online community for me to play with. Also being in Australia is that going to limit who I can play with?

If there are any Aus Gaffers around with this game maybe they could comment, otherwise it looks like a fun game especially for an old time tekken fan (grew up on tekken 2 and 3) with PC as my only outlet I've had to watch tekken from the sidelines for the last couple years but I'm really hoping that if capcom fixes SFxT up and maybe puts on a sale then we might see another tekken on PC in the not so distant future.

Horseress

So, what you guys thought about the changes in the new patch? Tatsu being nerfred? Rolento's jab's as well? Auto block gems too? I still believe in this game!

Tizoc

Wait is the new update patch live yet?
TBH I'm just glad you can friggin' finally disable Auto-combo.

Might play a few matches tomorrow and try out some Juri combos, I REALLY need to start learning those 40%-ish combos for her.

Top Bottom