• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken |OT| Truly, truly outrageous~

Does it look any more useful than the SF4 version?

It seemed to have a lot less recovery. I wasn't able to see him look down at the ground for anywhere near as long as he did in SF4.

Still though, no victory rose (well, the dude couldn't find the commands for it at least) =(

No corkscrew cross/blow = idk if I will use dudley..

It's his cross art. He does the Corkscrew Cross animation to start off then goes into a whole bunch of punches, then ends with a cross punch to bounce into his partner.

It seemed to have a lot less recovery. I wasn't able to see him look down at the ground for anywhere near as long as he did in SF4.

Still though, no victory rose (well, the dude couldn't find the commands for it at least) =(

It's his cross art. He does the Corkscrew Cross animation to start off then goes into a whole bunch of punches, then ends with a cross punch to bounce into his partner.

I hope victory rose is a du p charge motion and EX victory rose is a bouquet!

AKingNamedPaul

I am Homie

No, I saw that, but that is not the same move at all. Rolling thunder should have been the team move, CC has WAY more utility in a combo oriented game like this.

I sure fucking love Bryan's animations.

I can't get over his long arms and gorilla walk. His stance in Tekken would have translated perfectly fine.

Aside from that...oddity, I think the character models in this game are absolutely gorgeous. Shame about the stages though.

Still voted for my favs

Tekken: King, Armor King, Bryan, Bruce & Paul

SF: Blanka, Guile, Q, Bison, Remy
1237917779613ayaj0v.jpg

Westlo

Arrgh why are all the good music themes for menus and rival + boss battles. I wanna fight to that stuff in online matches... SFIV all over again... all those themes are now out on youtube anyway.

GraveHorizon

poop meter feature creep
While I'm still not very interested in most of the characters, this game has been looking better than I thought it would be. This must have been what Capcom was busy with while they were supposed to be working on Marvel 3.
/salt

SUPARSTARX

While I'm still not very interested in most of the characters, this game has been looking better than I thought it would be. This must have been what Capcom was busy with while they were supposed to be working on Marvel 3.
/salt

I think that was a separate team working on Marvel 3.

GraveHorizon

poop meter feature creep
I think that was a separate team working on Marvel 3.

Then it was clearly a Space Jam-type scenario, in which the Marvel 3 team's collective talent was stolen by the SFxT team. It most likely occurred around 3 months into the production of Marvel 3.

Depending on how good this game plays, I might get it for the Vita. I'll try it out when my friend gets it for himself.

Christie gameplay looks pretty good.

I always thought Christie was essentially the same character as Eddy. Is that not the case?

taku

I don't know why people are outraged by these DLC characters being on the disc.
We already get a boat load of new characters in this game and frankly, the hacked ones don't seem entirely finished either as some animations are iffy as hell.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Corky getting super excited.

Corky is cooking that crow for us right now.

I'll take mine fried.

Nah I'm neither excited ( if anything I wanted to be proven wrong, but hey... ) nor will I stoop down to the level of those unnamed posters who absolutely shat in my mouth calling me "consp theorist" saying asinine things like "you don't get it do you? The problem is they have a release date to meet and the best way to meet that is to cut out characters and make sure the others are all as solid as possible.", "It's easier to believe conspiracy theories than to look at evidence provided in interviews, I suppose.", "N = 38 " etc etc etc.

I have come to accept the fact that devs can scalp their fans with releasing alts and stuff like that, sure that doesn't affect the game for me. When they go ahead and GUT/LOCK 12 chars then I'll just have to man up and wait for the complete edition. I'm ashamed that so many of those who love fighting games here are so willingly ready to rationalize Capcoms decisions that'll invariably end up costing the consumer more without adding anything that wasn't there day one and vilify anyone who says otherwise. Done.

I see there's a big thread about this already and I have no interest in saying more about this than has already been said in this thread or the other thread for that matter.

Shito

Flying getto da ze!

Just got a 360 us version, which is not region-coded, lucky yuropean me.
BUT, I have question, almighty gaf: am I right remembering something along the lines of "SF4 DLCs are not region-coded on 360 but they are on PS3"? And am I right deducing from this that I'll be able to buy characters and stuff on my euro 360 for my us game?

(loving Poison)

[EDIT]
Hmmm, hadn't seen Corky's post before mine: what a contrast! ^^

Can anyone who got the CE urley comment on the utility of the exclusive gems?

Don't really have the money to drop on the CE; thinking about changing my preorder to the standard edition.

Tizoc

I am LOVING the combos in this game X3
Might pick up Juri, her trials showed she had some nice damage potentiel.

Awesome combo for Claw:
Jumping HP/HK-->St. HP-->Cr. MP, St. HPxxEX Roll-->Cr. MPxxMK Flip Kick-->Cr. MPxxLK Flip Kick

Top Bottom