• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken |OT| Truly, truly outrageous~

Teknoman

I cant see how anyone though SF X T would suck. Has there ever been a legitimately bad capcom crossover fighter aside from fighting jam?

Sblargh

Banned
I cant see how anyone though SF X T would suck. Has there ever been a legitimately bad capcom crossover fighter aside from fighting jam?

It felt SF4 with Tekken shoehorned in. I love SSF4, but didn't see a point in the game existing until people started to talk about how it was different. Stuff like lack of come back mechanics, safer jumps, Tekken characters forcing you to block high...

Man...when I was first watching that...

I was so disgusted.

Tekken? Ew gross, where's SFvsMk, all the Tekken cast sucks

All the SF cast sucks too, since it's a crossover, they'll cut the SF roster down to only the SSF2T cast + Sakura Dan and Akuma

Why does it look worse than SF4? It's like those first screens they showed

A tag game? Bleh

And now I am very hyped for it and only want to use Tekken characters. And they added a graphic stylization and added some surprising non-classic roster choices.

See, I loved this one from first sight. Donkey kick to wall-bounce. Kazuya doing his classic B+3 , 1 , 4 , 1. The tag Supers. I've been hype since day one. Hope to get this soon, THQ (Australia) better get off their asses and send me mah copy.

Dizzy-4U

Ono, you magnificent bastard
3rFN5.gif

kitzkozan

Let us never forget where this all began

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6w77hA4nHO8

I'm not the biggest Tekken fan, but I always loved most of the characters. They were and still are more interesting than the SF characters because they have more moves and are over the top replicas of real world martial art styles. King for example has numerous famous pro wrestling moves which we can name: shining wizard, DDT, german suplex, liger running powerbomb, half boston crab, etc.

Love the Tekken characters, but just not the biggest fan of fighting on a 3D plane. :p I make an exception for Virtual fighter. Seeing the Tekken characters in 2D is just awesome, especially since they seems to be very solid.

If the game is a success, I wonder if we will be seeing more 2D Tekken characters in another crossover or another game?

kitzkozan

That's the thing: Ono was associated to Capcom fighting jam even if he wasn't the original producer. -_- Now you have a SFxT crossover which was never requested all that much since these series are so different from each other. Constant addition of mechanics and the gems resulted + the reputation of Ono = negative hype which almost killed the game.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Has anyone heard anything about Wolfkrone playing SFxT? I'm training to beat him in a money match, but I don't want to play SFIV anymore.

Why the hell do I only get half the sounds of in my fights online?

I played ranked and only half the attacking sounds come out.. It is retarded. This is on 360 btw. Sound settings are fine and in training mode and singleplayer the sound is just fine.

I played ranked and only half the attacking sounds come out.. It is retarded. This is on 360 btw. Sound settings are fine and in training mode and singleplayer the sound is just fine.

It is a current problem. Same issue on Ps3.

Same thing happening on PS3

On a side note, there is already a influx of black skinned white hair characters lol

Everyone is saying this is so much slower and jankier than 4. I'm sure the game will speed up as you play more and understand the game but man, that is terrible to hear.

V_Arnold

Everyone is saying this is so much slower and jankier than 4. I'm sure the game will speed up as you play more and understand the game but man, that is terrible to hear.

Who is that everyone? The game is faster than SFIV, and I do not even know what jankier is supposed to mean o_o

I think I've figured out a solution. The DLC issue bothers me too much to ever buy this new. But I figure I can buy this used from gamefly for 40 bucks, then I use the $20 I save to buy the extra characters. An imperfect solution for an imperfect world.

Who is that everyone? The game is faster than SFIV, and I do not even know what jankier is supposed to mean o_o

Initial impressions from the peeps around here. The game feels slow and is like moving in molasses. Slower than IV, which was already a slow game. Characters don't seem to flow well and seem robotic. Like I said, it is early impressions. I'm sure peeps start to play more, it will feel smoother and faster but right now, it doesn't feel like it. The game looks a lot faster than how it is played.

Again, early feel of the game.

Junie12

I read some reviews for the game and they said the online was laggy and there was some issues with sound? Is there going to be a patch for this soon and how bad are these issues?

Tizoc

Gonna update the first post with those streams.
Anything else I should add/edit in the first posts?

Gonna try and record a Claw combo video today XP

SRTtoZ

I'm getting extreme amounts of stream lag on gootecks' feed...

Also, gametrailers review said online had sound problems, not sure if capcom even knows about this yet...

Teknoman

Gonna update the first post with those streams.
Anything else I should add/edit in the first posts?

Gonna try and record a Claw combo video today XP

A scrub gaf xbl tag :p. Not trying to be annoying about it, but someone usually makes a metatag that everyone can just invite others from.

V_Arnold

Initial impressions from the peeps around here. The game feels slow and is like moving in molasses. Slower than IV, which was already a slow game. Characters don't seem to flow well and seem robotic. Like I said, it is early impressions. I'm sure peeps start to play more, it will feel smoother and faster but right now, it doesn't feel like it. The game looks a lot faster than how it is played.

Again, early feel of the game.

I have been playing this in the last four days and the fist thing I noticed is that the gameplay is slightly faster than SSFIV...

Sblargh

Banned
What wait what?
I'm planning to main Poison ; which anti-air did he use for this to work?

Dude jumped, he jumped back and hit something (did not catch what it was), then on the ground did c. something into super. It kind of happened too fast. :p
But started with air to air and he did it while laggy like it was no big deal.

V_Arnold

Dude jumped, he jumped back and hit something (did not catch what it was), then on the ground did c. something into super. It kind of happened too fast. :p
But started with air to air and he did it while laggy like it was no big deal.

The usual anti-air with poison can be followed up with c.LP->fireball or c.LP->"anything", so that must have been where the super got inserted to.

Top Bottom