• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken v.2013 |OT| More alive than ever!

Ohnonono

It's the best way to gauge your ability and measure that gap between skill.

I think you learn more from a loss than a "W"

If I am having a real bad day I honestly stop worrying about winning and just try to block consistently. Seems to help me learn to chill out and not go all nuts when I start to get blown up.

I learn very little from the spankings I get from A+ players other than I ain't shit.

Then there really isn't a point of you playing, to be honest. If you aren't learning from your mistakes you aren't going to get better.

I'd recommend watching replays. If you can't figure why you lost, try to look at it from the other players perspective. Why did they win? Was it lack of knowledge on my part that led me to block incorrectly? Did I punish properly? etc.

I watch my own replays and make comments like "oh, should have hit confirmed into a combo here"

or "I should have been able to block that mixup better"

or "I should try to avoid this particular mixup by doing ______"

This type of question and answering will definitely help to make you a better player. No question about it.

Horseress

Then there really isn't a point of you playing, to be honest. If you aren't learning from your mistakes you aren't going to get better.

I'd recommend watching replays. If you can't figure why you lost, try to look at it from the other players perspective. Why did they win? Was it lack of knowledge on my part that led me to block incorrectly? Did I punish properly? etc.

I watch my own replays and make comments like "oh, should have hit confirmed into a combo here"

or "I should have been able to block that mixup better"

or "I should try to avoid this particular mixup by doing ______"

This type of question and answering will definitely help to make you a better player. No question about it.

Definitely, I'm trying to record my matches from now on, and maybe trying to add the player that beat you badly to your friend list it's good too, the more you play him the more you learn the match/things you are doing wrong

Ohnonono

Basically, it points out flaws in your game play. It can point out your strengths and weaknesses, then you know going forward what to work on.

Some real nice fella went ahead and analyzed my replay for me one time. I lost to him and he messaged me and said "Try blocking dumbass." I have never had someone rage comment after winning before.

Some real nice fella went ahead and analyzed my replay for me one time. I lost to him and he messaged me and said "Try blocking dumbass." I have never had someone rage comment after winning before.

I don't ever see the point in that. If you "P" on someone or hand them their butt, there really is no need to point it out. Your actions spoke for themselves.

Ohnonono

I don't ever see the point in that. If you "P" on someone or hand them their butt, there really is no need to point it out. Your actions spoke for themselves.

I play the MOBAs so people acting like complete toolboxes is something I am used to. That being said most of my interaction with the SFxT community has been really great. Get friend invites from people to play endless with and they thumbs up when I accomplish something so that's nice!

I play the MOBAs so people acting like complete toolboxes is something I am used to. That being said most of my interaction with the SFxT community has been really great. Get friend invites from people to play endless with and they thumbs up when I accomplish something so that's nice!

I will say the positive experiences I've had with SFxT far out weigh the bad ones

shaowebb

That's a good question. They just finished TTT2 and I doubt they can get it ready by the end of 2013. Maybe early 2014?

Last I heard they had that project quoted at 0% percent completed around X-mas. Means its not even in design phases for the engine much less the roster and mechanics for their moves. This will also be a bit of a change from the kind of playstyles Namco specializes in too considering all the crazy projectiles and inputs from SF so it'll take some time to figure out just how to make that work for them and the way they design.

I'd say summer 2014 but not early if its 2014 at all. If they ever patch the PC version I'll give her another go, but honestly I'm likely just gonna be playing Injustice for that DC roster this year. Not like I play much anymore anyways.

I am actually really enjoying this game lately. My brother got it for me for Christmas and I was kind of "meh" about it, but picked it up last week and I'm having fun!

I played with a couple characters until I decided Asuka/Kazuya are way too much fun to play with. I know Asuka isn't an ideal starting character, but I don't care. Its pretty easy to apply pressure with her tekken chains and she does pretty good damage solo. I can do a pretty basic tag combo with the 2 of them for close to 500 damage with just the one bar, which is nifty! If I cared enough to take the time to be able to consistently EWGF with Kazuya, I could probably break the 500 barrier and maybe the 600? I just really have alot of fun playing with Kazuya. Top Tier for sure

But really, glad I gave the game a second chance. Its fun to see the progress I've been making in the last week

I am actually really enjoying this game lately. My brother got it for me for Christmas and I was kind of "meh" about it, but picked it up last week and I'm having fun!

I played with a couple characters until I decided Asuka/Kazuya are way too much fun to play with. I know Asuka isn't an ideal starting character, but I don't care. Its pretty easy to apply pressure with her tekken chains and she does pretty good damage solo. I can do a pretty basic tag combo with the 2 of them for close to 500 damage with just the one bar, which is nifty! If I cared enough to take the time to be able to consistently EWGF with Kazuya, I could probably break the 500 barrier and maybe the 600? I just really have alot of fun playing with Kazuya. Top Tier for sure

But really, glad I gave the game a second chance. Its fun to see the progress I've been making in the last week

That EWGF is very hard to do consistently without a ton of practice. I'd recommend plinking, or double plinking, if you want to consistently land it.

That EWGF is very hard to do consistently without a ton of practice. I'd recommend plinking, or double plinking, if you want to consistently land it.

I play on one of the madcatz pads and don't really bother with plinking. I can do like 5 or 6 in row in training mode, but I usually get too heated in a match to trust it and just opt for the guaranteed damage. I know there is a local scene for SF4 and Mahvel, so I might check it out this weekend to see if they are playin SFxT and pick up some casual play and practice making it muscle memory in my combos

I play on one of the madcatz pads and don't really bother with plinking. I can do like 5 or 6 in row in training mode, but I usually get too heated in a match to trust it and just opt for the guaranteed damage. I know there is a local scene for SF4 and Mahvel, so I might check it out this weekend to see if they are playin SFxT and pick up some casual play and practice making it muscle memory in my combos

If you can just frame on a pad with no plinking, more power to you. Plinking would turn it into a 2 frame link, while double plinking gives you like 6 scenarios where it would come out, thus upping your chance even more.

Zukuu

Banned
Street Fighter Side check up done.

I checked special moves and command normals. Since normals seem to be correct so far I only checked those that were mentioned in 1.0.8 (v2013) and spot tested some that seemed off.

Move: Property - Value (old value)

Abel
Forward Kick: On Hit +6 (-1)
EX Falling Sky: Start Up 7F (-1)
EX Tornado Throw: Start Up 6F (-1)
EX Change of Direction: Start Up: 17F (-1)

Akuma
Tenmakujinkyaku: On Hit +16 (+17)
Tenmakujinkyaku: On Block +5 (+4)
HP Shakunetsu Hadoken: On Block +3 (-5)
Hyakkishu EX > Hyakki Gojin: On Hit +11 (+10)
Hyakkishu > Hyakki Gojin: On Block +12 (+10)
Hyakkishu EX > Hyakki Gojin: On BLock: +4 (+7)
Air Tatsu: On Block +6 (-11F [wrong syntax] [-5F after 1.06])
HK Tatsu: Damage 40,20x3 (instead of 40,20x2)
EX Tatsu: Start Up 12F (-1)
Ex Tatsu: Damage 30x5 (instead of 35x5)
EX Goshoryuken: Start Up 3F (4)
EX Air Hadoken: Start Up 9F (10)
EX Air Tatsumaki Zankukyaku: Start up 8F (9)
EX Shakunetsu Hadoken: Start Up 26F (27)
Misogi: Start Up 22F (23)

Balrog
c.HK: on block -10F (despite notes saying -9F)
EX Buffalo Head: Start Up 13F (14)
LP Dash Low Straight: Start Up 13F (14)
MP Dash Low Straight: Start Up 14F (15)
HP Dash Low Straight: Start Up 14F (15)
EX Dash Low Straight: Start Up 14F (15)
LP Dash Straight: Start Up 4F (5)
MP Dash Straight: Start Up 7F (8)
HP Dash Straight: Start Up 7F (8)
EX Dash Straight: Start Up 8F (9)
LK Dash Upper: Start Up 5F (6)
MK Dash Upper: Start Up 7F (8)
HK Dash Upper: Start Up 5F (6)
EX Dash Upper: Start Up 8F (9)
Ex Dash Low Smash: Start Up 12F (13)
Crazy Buffalo: KKK Start Up 22F (23); Hold K 20F (21)
Crazy Buffalo: PPP Start Up 18F (19); Hold K 15F (16)

Cammy
EX Spin Knuckle: Start Up 34F (35)
Cannon Strike: On hit +15 (+13)
EX Cannon Strike: Start Up 17F (-1)
EX Hooligan Combination, Razor Edge: Damage 120 (100)
EX Spiral Arrow: Start Up 8F (9)
Cannon Spike (All versions): knockdown (instead of hard kd)
Cannon Spike (All normal versions): -37F on block (-39)
EX Cannon Spike: Start Up 4F (5)
EX Cannon Spike: -28F on block (-29)
Cross Art: Start Up 9F (10)

Chun Li
Kintekishu: On Hit +2 (-2)
HP Kikoken: On Hit -4 (-2)
HP Kikoken: On Block -9 (-4)
EX Kikoken: Start Up 11F (12)
MK Spinning Bird Kick: On Hit +1 (-1)
MK Spinning Bird Kick: On Block -2 (-4)
EX Spinning Bird Kick: Start Up 7F (8)
EX Hazanshu: Start Up 27F (28)
EX Hazanshu: On Hit 13F (14)
Super Art: Start Up 8F (9)

Cody
nj.HP: On Counter Hit causes groundbounce
Launcher: Start Up 12F (all other characters have 13F)

Dhalsim
s.LK: not rapidfire cancelable.
EX Yoga Flame: Start Up 14F (15 according to patch 1.08)

Guile
c.LK: On Hit +3 (+4 according to patch notes)
EX Sonic Boom: Start Up 10F (11)
EX Flash Kick: Start Up 5F (6)

Hugo
Body Press: On Hit +17 (+20)
Body Press: On Block +5 (+8)
Ultra Throw: Start Up 9F (10)
EX Shootdown Backbreaker: 5F (6)
EX Giant Palm Breaker: Start Up 17F (18)
EX Monster Lariat: Start Up 14F (15)
EX Moonsault Press: Start Up 6F (7)
Added missing recovery of Ultra Throw & EX Ultra Throw
Added missing recovery Meat Squasher & EX Meat Squasher
Super Art: Start Up 6F (7)

Ibuki
LP, MP, HP Raida: Start Up 2F (3)
EX Raida: Start Up 16F (8)
EX Kunai: Start Up 10F (11)
EX Kazakiri: Start up 6F (7)
MK Tsumuji: On Block -3 (-1)
HK Tsumuji: On Block -3 (0)
EX Tsumuji: Start Up 13F (14)
EX Neckbreaker: Start Up 16F (17)
Cross Art: Start Up 7F (6)

Juri
Sekku: On hit +2 (+3)
Sekku: On Block -2 (0)
Fuhajin: On Block -4 (-3)
EX Fuhajin (LK+MK): Start Up 14F (15)
EX Fuhajin (LK+HK): Start Up 14F (15)
EX Fuhajin (MK+HK): Start Up 15F (16)
HK Senpusha: On Block -15 (-14)
EX Senpusha: On Block -18 (-30)
EX Shikusen: Start Up 15F (16)
EX Senpusha: Start Up 10F (11)
Cross Art: Start Up 9F (8)
Super Art: Start Up 13F (14)

Ken
LK, HK Tatsumaki Senpukyaku (air): On Hit +10 (+15)
MK Tatsumaki Senpukyaku (air): On Hit +10 (+14)
MK Tatsumaki Senpukyaku (air): On Block +5 (+4)
HK Tatsumaki Senpukyaku (air): Start Up 8F (7)
EX Tatsumaki Senpukyaku (air): Start Up 7F (8)
EX Tatsumaki Senpukyaku: Start Up 7F (8)
Shoryuken (all versions): Added hit advantage.
MP Shoryuken: On Block -37 (-38)
MP Shoryuken: On Block -40 against crouching
EX Shoryuken: On Block -39 (-40)
Cross Art: Start Up 9F (8)

M. Bison
s.MP: On Hit +5 (+7)
cl.MP: Recovery 14F (13)
HP Psycho Crusher: On Block from close range: -33
EX Double Knee Press: Start Up 14F (15)
EX Double Knee Press: On Block -32 (-31)
EX Psycho Crusher: Start Up 15F (16)
Devil Reverse Follow Up: On Block +5 (+1)
EX Deil Reverse Follow Up: On Block+5 (+1)
Head Press: Start Up 23-41 (23-36)
EX Head Press: Start Up 23-41 (24-36)
Super Art: Start Up 12F (13)

Poison
c.HP: On Block -13 (-6 according to 1.0.8)
EX Whip of Love: Start Up 13F (14)
HK Kissed by a Goddess: On Block -42 (-36)
EX Kissed by a Goddess: Start Up 5F (6)
EX Aeolus Edge: Start Up 8F (9)
Super Art: Start Up 9F (10)

Rolento
cl.LP: +9/0
s.LP: +6/+2
EX Patriot Circle: Start Up 18F (19)
Super Art: Start Up 13F (14)
Cross Art: Start Up 7 (67)

Rufus
Falcon Kick: On Hit +10 (+9)
Falcon Kick: On Block +2 (-4)
Fragrance Palm: On Block -8 (-7)
EX Galactic Tornado: Start Up 13F (14)
EX Messiah Kick: Start Up 12F (13)
EX Messiah Kick: On Hit -10 (-9)

Ryu
LP Shoryuken: On Block -26 (-27)
MP Shoryuken: On Block -40 (-41)
HP Shoryuken: On Block -43 (-44)
EX Shoryuken: Start Up 4F (5)
EX Shoryuken: On Block -35 (-43)
HK Joudan: Unchanged block advantage of -6F as in patch 1.06 introduced. (1.08 states additional -4F block stun)
EX Joudan: Start Up 15F (16)
Air Tatsumaki: On Block +5 (+3)
EX Air Tatsumaki: Start Up 8F (9)
EX Hadoken: Start Up 12F (13)
Super Art: Start Up 4F (5)

Sagat
cl.HK: On Block -2 (-4)
EX High Tiger Shot: Start Up 12F (13)
EX High Tiger Shot: On Block +3 (+4)
Low Tiger Shit: On Hit -3 (+4)
EX Low Tiger Shot: Start Up 13F (14)
EX Low Tiger Shot: On Block +2 (-1)
LP Tiger Uppercut: On Block -40 (-41)
MP Tiger Uppercut: On Block -43 (-44)
HP Tiger Uppercut: On Block -43 (-44)
EX Tiger Uppercut: Start Up 3F (4)
EX Tiger Knee: Start Up 8F (9)

Vega
EX Scarlet Terror: Start Up 5F (6)

Zangief
Lariat: Damage 100[120 2nd/3rd hit] (150)
Flying Body Attack: On Block +5F (+4)
EX Spinning Piledriver: Start Up 5F (6)
EX Banishing Flat: Start Up 14F (15)
Quick Lariat: Start Up 5F (11)
Quick Lariat: On Block +8 (-4), -18 vs Crouching
Double Lariat: On Block -17 (-37), -43 vs Crouching
MK,HK,EX Flying Powerbomb: On Block - (-10,-1,-1)
EX Atomic Suplex: Start Up 3F (4)

Zukuu

Banned
Project:Street Fighter x Tekken: Combo Tier Lists

Basically the MOST DAMAGING (and by no means always practical) combo a character can do for in the following circumstances:

Meterless
Post Tag
Corner
Counter Hit
~2 Bars
Max Damage!!

Each category has specific rules, such as no Trades, Wake up meaties, no meter for non-meter categories, no precharge except for max damage etc

List is at least filled with a combo for each character for each category - if it's already the best possible, is another question. Some combos are already viewable on youtube.

If you can contribute any higher damaging combo, please share them!

Ohnonono

Basically the MOST DAMAGING (and by no means always practical) combo a character can do for in the following circumstances:

Meterless
Post Tag
Corner
Counter Hit
~2 Bars
Max Damage!!

Each category has specific rules, such as no Trades, Wake up meaties, no meter for non-meter categories, no precharge except for max damage etc

List is at least filled with a combo for each character for each category - if it's already the best possible, is another question. Some combos are already viewable on youtube.

I do Asuka's meterless one pretty well! That makes me feel not awful!

kirblar

Meterless
Post Tag
Corner
Counter Hit
~2 Bars
Max Damage!!

TY for this!

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Hey guys hope you don't mind the self-promotion here but our community manager in the UK posted up another episode of Online Rewind featuring a bunch of great SF x TK matches.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3l0sp3ylIk&list=PLnJYUs2wpsOJYtVLTmFNXzG9f43Ef36Cl&index=3

Its the third episode so if you missed the others check out the play list here: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLnJYUs2wpsOJYtVLTmFNXzG9f43Ef36Cl

Awesome thread, tweeted about it ysterday.

Hey! A Street Fighter newbie here! In my entire live the SF series were games I would have liked to be good at (or even understand) but I never gave it a chance...

So I bought SF x Tekken for 7 bucks!! It's the PC retail version. It's crazy addicting! The online mode is kinda dead it seems (I only saw 2 guys the whole day) but I was digging more into the tutorials anyway, just to learn the basics. My favourite character so far has to be Akuma..I already learned some combos that I can pull of more often with every fight!

There are some questions, though. I heard, the vanilla version had some issues!? Is there a possibility to update the retail PC version now? I'll never pay or those DLC characters (like the green monster guy that's in every SF game) so that's probably it. There are enough to choose from anyway.

Zukuu

Banned
Hey! A Street Fighter newbie here! In my entire live the SF series were games I would have liked to be good at (or even understand) but I never gave it a chance...

So I bought SF x Tekken for 7 bucks!! It's the PC retail version. It's crazy addicting! The online mode is kinda dead it seems (I only saw 2 guys the whole day) but I was digging more into the tutorials anyway, just to learn the basics. My favourite character so far has to be Akuma..I already learned some combos that I can pull of more often with every fight!

There are some questions, though. I heard, the vanilla version had some issues!? Is there a possibility to update the retail PC version now? I'll never pay or those DLC characters (like the green monster guy that's in every SF game) so that's probably it. There are enough to choose from anyway.

PC is stuck with Patch 1.06 (aka "Vanilla"). Consoles have been updated to 1.08 (the "v2013 Patch"), which introduced a TON of character changes, system changes, gem changes etc
PC should get the patch "soon", and that can meany anything from 2 weeks to 6 months+.

Shouta

Although the Vanilla version of the game is fairly different, you can use it to learn a lot of the basics like combos and tag-ins. Just avoid using Boost Combos.

Although the Vanilla version of the game is fairly different, you can use it to learn a lot of the basics like combos and tag-ins. Just avoid using Boost Combos.

With boost combos you mean the low to high thing that's going on? I mean like lp>mp>hp>launcher (I'm not sure if I've got all the vocabulary right). Why should I avoid them?

SUPARSTARX

With boost combos you mean the low to high thing that's going on? I mean like lp>mp>hp>launcher (I'm not sure if I've got all the vocabulary right). Why should I avoid them?

Because they're low damage and fishing for them is not viable in the new version for 95% of the cast. You can fish for hits with it in PC version because it's safe.

Learning real combos in the current PC patch will carry over very well when the new update hits.

Because they're low damage and fishing for them is not viable in the new version for 95% of the cast. You can fish for hits with it in PC version because it's safe.

Learning real combos in the current PC patch will carry over very well when the new update hits.

Ah, ok! I'll watch out then!
With real combos you mean chains that go into linking stuff and so on? I watched some youtube videos about that and I kinda begin to learn. Could you give an example of good combos for Akuma or Ryu? I know that you can cancel some moves (like kicks) into a character's special move. Can you link more of those together to one really dangerous combo? (Oh man, I should have played SFII back in the day!) Also linking is the combo of movements without canceling but making the input in just the right part of a second, right?

With real combos you mean chains that go into linking stuff and so on? I watched some youtube videos about that and I kinda begin to learn. Could you give an example of good combos for Akuma or Ryu? I know that you can cancel some moves (like kicks) into a character's special move. Can you link more of those together to one really dangerous combo? (Oh man, I should have played SFII back in the day!) Also linking is the combo of movements without canceling but making the input in just the right part of a second, right?

Ryu's Cr. MP, Cr. MP, Cr. MK, EX Donkey Kick (wall bounce), Jp. HP, HP shoryuken is pretty damaging.

SUPARSTARX

Yeah, links and what not. And just punishing with proper launch combos like if someone does a really unsafe move on block, you can launch them with c.MK xx HP+HK without the boost scaling and just wreckship and so forth. A lot of people are probably still skeptical of punishing things so they still boost punishable moves and it's just kinda facepalm because it shows a sign of panic haha

LakeEarth

They also became more punishable. In vanilla with Kazuya, I could do the string c.lk c.mk s.fp, and 95% of the cast couldn't do anything about it on block. Now it is more punishable (plus his c.lk got nerfed in range).

Tizoc

So what customized colors DID you make in the game? I'm thinking of making a Young Justice Aqualad color pallete for Raven, and a UMvC3 Phoenix pallete for Nina.

Man, online in this game is hard! 80 games in and I only won 5 of them! :D At least the last three were today, so there seems to be an improvement!

Man, online in this game is hard! 80 games in and I only won 5 of them! :D At least the last three were today, so there seems to be an improvement!

How much have you trained? Are you consistent with your tag combos? Can you hit confirm into an optimized combo consistently? Do you have moves that allow you safe-tag-in your partner?

I'd recommend getting GOOD at all of these before you make the switch to online. That's not saying you can't play online until then, but, your results won't be that positive.

After the update, I probably spent 20+ hours in training before I made the switch. Even after the switch, I lost about 2000 points until I climbed back up. Now I'm +3000 with my team then where I started before the update.

NEO0MJ

I'm really enjoying Bryan and Kuma right now, though I have yet to figure out how to make the best of the meter.

How much have you trained? Are you consistent with your tag combos? Can you hit confirm into an optimized combo consistently? Do you have moves that allow you safe-tag-in your partner?

I'd recommend getting GOOD at all of these before you make the switch to online. That's not saying you can't play online until then, but, your results won't be that positive.

After the update, I probably spent 20+ hours in training before I made the switch. Even after the switch, I lost about 2000 points until I climbed back up. Now I'm +3000 with my team then where I started before the update.

I spent some time in training mode (not that long, though..I don't have that much time at the moment) and I already "get" most of the basics to the point that I don't have to think about the input order all the time. Feels good, man! One thing I experienced: most players on my level seem to play in the afternoon. Later the pros kick my ass but it's still cool. Since I never really played any Street Fighter before it's all new to me (the only awesome fighting game I was really good at in my life was Soul Calibur II :) )

hertog

I'm finally winning again since version 2013.

I dropped Kuma & Jack.
Jack has lost a lot with his seismo-nerf, while Kuma can be so helpless in a couple of match-ups.

Right now I've returned to a very basic team, Blanka/Guile. Footsies, speed and some good old fashioned turtling

Since health recovers at a snail's pace and throws are a real threat this team works.
Even though they were nerfed (esp. Guile), they work so much better now in v1.08

They lack real damaging combo's, but they are so mobile and with a few meter gems they've got such a solid defence. And when they don't work, I switch one of them out for Paul.

hertog

Yeah I wasn't this smart.
I went from 14500bp to almost 5000 trying out all kinds of characters.
Right now I'm slowly getting back to 10000 again :)

NEO0MJ

Played a few online matches for the first time. It was pretty laggy most of the time. I know my location hurts a lot, but I never had it this bad in SF IV. Guess it also has to do with the much smaller player base.
Still, the few that were good were pretty fun. I even perfected a guy! He was a beginner like me though so maybe it doesn't count. I'm not using tag combos, as I have yet to fully understand how to make the best of them. Also feel too lazy to work out a good gem set. What do you people suggest for Kuma and Bryan?

Shouta

PS3 version has frame drops which makes the game worse on the whole online. Capcom being lazy with their programming. As for Gem sets, you'll want to decide who is doing what on your team and then pick from there. I usually do Meter for my point and power for my anchor so I can tag into them for damage. For Kuma and Bryan, well is fine with Power though you can generate some nice meter now with him if you're playing point. Bryan, if he's your point, meter is probably better for all the swinging he'll be doing.

NEO0MJ

I usually have Kuma on point so he can build meter for Bryan. So the plan is to give kuma meter boosters and Bryan power boosters?

kirblar

Kuma really, really wants a character that can do counter-hit set up Tag Combos, as he can do absolutely ridiculous damage on them.

Shouta

That's the conventional wisdom. Or you can do power/power or even meter/meter. I'm using the defaults so I'm used to it in tourny though and those are the best by default anyway.

You can choose based on your play style. If you use a lot of meter, more of the mere gems would be helpful to get more. But if you don't, power might be smarter to get the most out of your hits.

I'm starting to get better, it's a good feeling! :) I think I'm going to buy the madcatz sfxt fightpad, is this a good idea? The xbox360 controller just doesn't cut it. I'll probably get SFIV:ae for cheap, too. That game looks so awesome! As a fighting game beginner there's a whole world out there to explore!

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
I'm starting to get better, it's a good feeling! :) I think I'm going to buy the madcatz sfxt fightpad, is this a good idea? The xbox360 controller just doesn't cut it. I'll probably get SFIV:ae for cheap, too. That game looks so awesome! As a fighting game beginner there's a whole world out there to explore!

The stock 360 controller is awful for fighters. The Mad Catz fightpads are great and there's always the joystick route...

NEO0MJ

I don't know about them now but when I bought a fightpad back when SF IV launched it broke down on me so fast.

While a fight stick might be a big investment, it'll give the most value for years to come.

Zukuu

Banned
GODLIKE!

2 player teams shouldn't be allowed to play against 1P, you gain SO MUCH with Cross Assalts it's not even fair

Also, there's a guy (hero) playing Cole/PacMan on PSN, and he's pretty godlike, low tier heros FTW
You gain ONLY a benefit in cross assault. Everywhere else, 1p has an advantage or is even at worst.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
I don't know about them now but when I bought a fightpad back when SF IV launched it broke down on me so fast.

While a fight stick might be a big investment, it'll give the most value for years to come.

I have multiple fight pads. One 360 pad was a bust but the rest have been great (have bought SF4, SSF4, and SFxTK versions) and the SFxTK fightpads have been slightly redesigned for better comfort.

The older wireless PS3 fightpads gave me connection problems on occasion, but the SFxTK versions are wired and now work perfectly.

Top Bottom