• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter X Tekken v.2013 |OT| More alive than ever!

I made a video for Dudley. I put together a bunch of easy to execute combos for common situations like comboing off a launcher or an overhead. I also included stuff like anti-airs and comboing off of air to airs. It's meant to give you a solid starting point when picking him up for the first time, so there's no super advanced stuff. See the description for extra notes. Tell me what you think :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-L1dBL2C68
Nice video,man.Are you planning on making more?

Nabs

I made a video for Dudley. I put together a bunch of easy to execute combos for common situations like comboing off a launcher or an overhead. I also included stuff like anti-airs and comboing off of air to airs. It's meant to give you a solid starting point when picking him up for the first time, so there's no super advanced stuff. See the description for extra notes. Tell me what you think :D

Nice! I subbed.

Went from Sagat/Marduk in 2012 to Lars/Paul in 2013. I'm really liking it so far! I just need to find better combos... and someone to play in real life because holy shit online in that game is atrocious.

Ohnonono

The worst thing about this game right now is that there are so many characters I want to learn. I am trying to stick to Cammy/Lili though as it seems to be my best team. Cammy I am just comfortable with as a point character and Lili is a fucking swiss army knife. Also air throws hit like trucks so having one on each is nice. I also find it is usually pretty easy to get some normal throws off with Cammy on people. I think most people go into OH SHIT BLOCK mode when she gets in because they haven't adjusted to the crazy power of throws.

Ohnonono

Liked and subbed, do moar.

Edit: Also if you take requests I would love some Kuma and Alisa love.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Yeah, Evo 2012 was what...two or three patches back from where the game is now? Were the DLC characters even out?

Horseress

The worst thing about this game right now is that there are so many characters I want to learn. I am trying to stick to Cammy/Lili though as it seems to be my best team. Cammy I am just comfortable with as a point character and Lili is a fucking swiss army knife. Also air throws hit like trucks so having one on each is nice. I also find it is usually pretty easy to get some normal throws off with Cammy on people. I think most people go into OH SHIT BLOCK mode when she gets in because they haven't adjusted to the crazy power of throws.

Lol I have the same "problem". Almost all the characters are so intriguing and fun I wanna try'em all. But I always come back to my Dudley/Law team, so
cheap
fun

Yeah, Evo 2012 was what...two or three patches back from where the game is now? Were the DLC characters even out?

Nope, I think it was one after the tragic "knife + fireball = freeze" patch.

Beckx

Okay, in shame I post a really, really stupid question.

I was trying out Dudley in training, and trying to do basic l.p, m.p confirms into HCF+p. Sometimes it worked, but sometimes I got a weird animation, he dropped his arms and slumped his shoulders.

What's this all about? Did I mess up the inputs so bad it hurt his feelings? D:

Horseress

Okay, in shame I post a really, really stupid question.

I was trying out Dudley in training, and trying to do basic l.p, m.p confirms into HCF+p. Sometimes it worked, but sometimes I got a weird animation, he dropped his arms and slumped his shoulders.

What's this all about? Did I mess up the inputs so bad it hurt his feelings? D:

You are doing HCB+P, that's his counter, if he gets hit while he's in that weird animation, he hits his opponent.

stn

Akuma, Raven, Yoshimitsu, Ogre, Paul, Rolento, Guile.

Which team do you make out of these characters and why? I've been leaning towards Rolento x Ogre or Ogre x Paul. I think the latter will get me the most wins.

I think Raven and Paul are the best characters out of that team, so I'd go with them.

I'd have Raven first, play a bit of keep away, hit confirm a combo, switch to Paul, tac on a crap ton of damage...

rinse/repeat.

I'm not impressed with Ogre anymore. After learning his block strings he's not nearly as safe as some people believe.

LOL exactly.

I feel anyone who says that about Cody was pretty fraudulent with him to begin with. Obviously his cr. lk was completely overpowered and a crutch for a bunch of people, but he still has amazing pokes and can do a ton of damage (Jp HP, st HP, cr HP anyone?)

SUPARSTARX

They made a slight nerf to his crouch HP but that's about it. Everything else under Cody is across-the-board nerfing on meter and chains.

And the crouch fierce nerf not punishable anyway and it's basically Capcom's way of dealing with stuff that gets mashed a lot brainlessly by putting it slightly negative on attacks. Also Cody is still one of the best frame trap characters and can't even be jumped at. His b.MP is actually better than most of the Tekken anti-air buffs.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Depends when you play, but last night there was a whole 5-6 people in ranked, and about 5 lobbies...total

even the one stream lobby on twitch was empty, then went away

Sometimes it appears that way even though more people are online- I'll go online on the Vita version and find two lobbies up, restart the game, and suddenly a bunch more lobbies are available.

I did refresh about 12 times tbh...

It could have been from the store update as well. Friday - Sunday is definitely the days for ranked matches

hertog

Lost so much BP since the update, but I'm finally winning constantly again. I went from almost 15000 to 12000 :(
But the change to throws, rolls and the nerf on health regen really influenced my game.

Also changed my anchor character to Kuma

hertog

Any Kuma players here that can optimize this combo?

J.HP, HK XXX Megaton Claw, HP, HK, Frolicking bear (or fatal wind if I have the bars)

I went from 20,000 BP down to 18,250. I'm finally back up to 20k and with a completely different team. I went from keep away (guile/ryu) to more of a rush down team (Hwoarang/Law). Much more enjoyable after finally acclimating myself to these characters.

hertog

I went from 20,000 BP down to 18,250. I'm finally back up to 20k and with a completely different team. I went from keep away (guile/ryu) to more of a rush down team (Hwoarang/Law). Much more enjoyable after finally acclimating myself to these characters.

Yeah I shoudl be using Lars, Law, Hwaorang, etc
But I HATE their character design :)
Esp. that emo douche Lars.

Shouta

Any Kuma players here that can optimize this combo?

J.HP, HK XXX Megaton Claw, HP, HK, Frolicking bear (or fatal wind if I have the bars)

That's about as optimized as you get. Another megaton might squeeze you a few more points instead of the frolicking bear but otherwise, a cross art will extend your damage from that.

Yeah I shoudl be using Lars, Law, Hwaorang, etc
But I HATE their character design :)
Esp. that emo douche Lars.

I don't think I enjoy another character in a fighting game as much as Hwoarang. His mixups can be insane, such as...

lk (low), mk, mk, D+lk (low), HK

if confirmed Heavy Hunting hawk, try mixup after hard knock down

if no confirm, light dynamite heel (+1 on block)

or dash out of light dynamite heel, GRAB

or dash out of DH, go for low combo...

or my new personal favorite that is brutal to execute but amazing

instant dash out of DH, instant dive kick (HCF tiger knee) that much be blocked standing, into full combo

NEO0MJ

Kuma is so much fun in this game. I feel like he made a great transition in both gameplay and design. His face just kills me.

They barely touched him.. nerfed c.LK and chains... buffed Zonk Knuckle. Still a more complete character to play with here than SSF4 IMO.

His AE2012 iteration is better than 2013 sfxt cody. Saying he was barely touched is ridiculous. They took his crouch short and made it almost unusable and they even nerfed the shit out of his overhead. His frame trap game is not as good as AE because of the game system and because his frame traps are worse in sfxt. He does not have godlike pokes but solid ones and his anti airs are nice but it's pretty hard to open people up with him in this version. "Barely touched" isn't the phrase to use here. It's "significantly nerfed".

SUPARSTARX

His AE2012 iteration is better than 2013 sfxt cody. Saying he was barely touched is ridiculous. They took his crouch short and made it almost unusable and they even nerfed the shit out of his overhead. His frame trap game is not as good as AE because of the game system and because his frame traps are worse in sfxt. He does not have godlike pokes but solid ones and his anti airs are nice but it's pretty hard to open people up with him in this version. "Barely touched" isn't the phrase to use here. It's "significantly nerfed".

When his attacks are brought down in line with everyone else's tools in the same categories it's not "significantly nerfed" at all. He was overtuned in the first place. He's not really worse than anybody, his tools are still top notch as of this patch.

I did refresh about 12 times tbh...

It could have been from the store update as well. Friday - Sunday is definitely the days for ranked matches
i've had the same thing. i thought maybe it was a problem on my end (my net is ass). i was hoping the patch was going to make things a lot more populated, but apparently it didn't by much. maybe it's just the hours i play, but it still feels heavily biased towards euros and mexico.

i love this game, but i lose motivation to play at times. at least this thread is alive.

i don't think cody players should complain about cr.short nerf. hugo's cr.short also got nerfed, and his wasn't even that great to begin with, epsecially compared to cody's.

When his attacks are brought down in line with everyone else's tools in the same categories it's not "significantly nerfed" at all. He was overtuned in the first place. He's not really worse than anybody, his tools are still top notch as of this patch.

His tools are nowhere near "top notch". Footsies are the name of the game and his are ok at best.

Anyone know the best combo to do with Lars after launch? Right now I'm doing c.MP, c.MP, HK DP but I'm sure there's something better out there.

Top Bottom