• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Success of Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine 2 'Changes Everything,' Dev Says — and Yes, There Are Ideas for Space Marine 3

R6Rider

Gold Member

In practical terms, the success of Space Marine 2 means Saber staff can now “dream bigger,” Willits said. Saber will make good on its original post-launch plan, which involves new missions, modes, maps, enemies, and weapons, but it will also make "adjustments" fueled by Space Marine 2’s now confirmed success — once the dust settles.

“Our game director Dmitry Grigorenko, he has proposed some story ideas that could either be DLC or a sequel,” Willits said. “We're literally just catching our breath. This is two weeks out. We just need to get the dust to settle. But I can confidently say that we will not disappoint our Warhammer fans in the future. It's too big of a success! I know that's an obvious thing to say, but hopefully we'll be working on Space Marine content for a long time.”

For Space Marine 3, Willits said, Saber would need to work with publisher Focus as well as Games Workshop once again. "We just have to figure it out. I would love to do it, yes,” he continued. “Yes, yes, yes! There's so many different factions... there are other chapters, too, that are interesting...”

emily junk GIF

So glad they recognize the success and are gonnah capitalize on it, all my friends that haven't got it yet are just waiting for more content

Last edited:

MarV0

Neo Member
Saber becoming a top tier dev outta nowhere.

More Space Marine

KOTOR remake

We gonna be eating good brahs
Success brings attention which brings new capital which comes along with strings attached such as DEI requirements.

Just take games as they come the days of being hyped for upcoming games are truly over.

Liljagare

Bring on the Dreadnought mode and, Space Hulk bonanza would probarly work well in this engine.. :p Terminators and 'stealers!!!

FunkMiller

Heresy set game, please. Or at least DLC. Loken level as Cerberus.

Or just an entire Garro game.

Or in 40k a Ragnar game.

Or do Eisenhorn justice.

So many options…

Last edited:

Holammer

Heresy set game, please. Or at least DLC. Loken level as Cerberus.

Or just an entire Garro game.
yes/no, the casual general audience still haven't wrapped their brain around 40k and there are still plenty of stories, factions and concepts to cover.

Hawk The Slayer

Neo Member
Space Marine 2 is easily the GOTY and I hope they use the same engine so that way they could reuse a lot of assets and add more races. I'm hoping for Necron and Slannesh Daemon for Space Marine 3, maybe even have the Tyranids be a side enemy so there's 3 enemy factions.

Top Bottom