• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Suicide Squad - Cast Photo (In Costume)

Smith put a photo of the full Deadshot costume on Facebook. They didn't cover his face here because it's Will Smith - you want to promote that he's in the film, and it's hard to do that on a full cast costume poster if his face is obscured by a mask.

I know. Which is why i found funny. Maybe in the movie they will also have problems hiding Smith's face all the time eheh

Set photos are looking good.
LOL people attributing the the classic "line up of rogues" shot to GotG is like when crazy people said 007 Spectre and Mission Impossible were copying Winter Soldier's espionage plot.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=157778476&postcount=139

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=157775800&postcount=107

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=157786144&postcount=173

Oh and there's more. Just go through that thread.
You didn't know Marvel invented cinema?!

Frog-fu

Banned
I think I like how Assault on Arkham does it without Batman better. It adds some more variety and keeps from having an "and stay down" ending, if you know what I mean.

Yeah, but I'd like to be Bats' doing because then it'll make sense for Batman to be this urban legend like figure that hasn't been seen in years. I specifically hope that if Joker keeps the silver teeth it's because Bats beat the shit out of him after doing something terrible like killing one of the Robins or Commissioner Gordon - something that would explain his retirement.

Yeah, but I'd like to be Bats' doing because then it'll make sense for Batman to be this urban legend like figure that hasn't been seen in years. I specifically hope that if Joker keeps the silver teeth it's because Bats beat the shit out of him after doing something terrible like killing one of the Robins or Commissioner Gordon - something that would explain his retirement.

That's true. Really, everything they've shown for the movie so far has me very excited, so I trust they'll do what's best for the narrative.

Raziel

From a studio perspective they see a film about "ragtag team of comic losers/criminals save the universe" and ask DC Comics what do we got so Someone at DC twists the suicide squad concept into "ragtag team of losers/criminals who end up saving the world". There's a lot of studio and office politics involved it's the reason even little things like why characters look different than they do in the comic, who's in the movie, how the movie is marketed, all of that is decided by a variety of factors that don't have anything to do with preserving the integrity of the comics or making a good movie.

http://m.imdb.com/title/tt0061578/

The Dirty Dozen (1967)

A US Army Major is assigned a dozen convicted murderers to train and lead them into a mass assassination mission of German officers in World War II

You didn't know Marvel invented cinema?!

Marvel would never green-light this movie, theres 3 women on the team. Much harder to obscure from the merchandise /s

lMdylPVm.jpg
dzcCmytm.jpg
JNvXOkkm.jpg
rZXoPqAl.jpg

More likely: they realized they have way better villains than Marvel - because Spider-Man and X-Men are off-limits - which means showcasing all their villains at once is an excellent chance to show they're trying something else than Marvel.

They can actually use Spider-man villains now I believe.

Joni

From a studio perspective they see a film about "ragtag team of comic losers/criminals save the universe" and ask DC Comics what do we got so Someone at DC twists the suicide squad concept into "ragtag team of losers/criminals who end up saving the world". There's a lot of studio and office politics involved it's the reason even little things like why characters look different than they do in the comic, who's in the movie, how the movie is marketed, all of that is decided by a variety of factors that don't have anything to do with preserving the integrity of the comics or making a good movie.

Oh and BTW I praised the deadshot design a few pages back despite having earlier reservations about will smith playing Lawton.

More likely: they realized they have way better villains than Marvel - because Spider-Man and X-Men are off-limits - which means showcasing all their villains at once is an excellent chance to show they're trying something else than Marvel.

Saya

No doubt. I'll be incredibly disappointed if we don't see some couch action-Darkseid in the DCCU.

jc6sU8U.jpg

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
It's insane how much HQ stands out from the rest of the characters.
All of the other just look so bland and boring, HQ seems so well realised. I hope they understand that HQ along with Joker is the number one reason people will be talking about this film.

Those Harley pics are so much better than the original cast pic. Her costume is a lot more colourful than it originally looked.

Margot Robbie looks perfect as Harley.

DeathyBoy

Banned
I hope we see Mongul before Darkseid. The warworld is movie ready

EtVgqxw.png

I really hope if we get Mongul that Darkseid is manipulating him. Then Darkseid's plan can be to claim... I don't know, The Helmet of Nabu, and we'll get the reveal that the helmet is part of some cosmic super armour... yeah... that Darkseid can wear to become super powerful.

I really hope if we get Mongul that Darkseid is manipulating him. Then Darkseid's plan can be to claim... I don't know, The Helmet of Nabu, and we'll get the reveal that the helmet is part of some cosmic super armour... yeah... that Darkseid can wear to become super powerful.

No man... should have all that power.

LMAO, that would be amazing. Such a terrible shame that DC won't allow jokes in their movies, a real tragedy.

No jokes already has a confirmed appearance in SS aswell

DMUqVqQ.png

making darkseid a long-game villain (much like marvel is doing with thanos) is so uninteresting imo. i hope WB doesn't constantly tease him or anything. if they need to build him up make it in one prior film MAX

or maybe just allude to him in other films but nothing more than that.

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
Thanos looks so boring, like audiences don't even react to his goofy ass. Everyone just walked off without any reaction every time he's been teased.

pringles

Not familiar with most of the characters but I think it looks pretty interesting. With so many characters you probably have to tone some down to make others (Harley Quinn, Joker) stand out if you don't want to go completely over-the-top with everything. I like that they don't all look completely crazy, of course it's up to the actors and the script to make the characters interesting.

Croc is pretty faithful to his original look.

3B3vLVAl.jpg

I wouldn't be surprised if he "hulks out" as he loses his humanity. Which makes him a major pain in the ass to Batman.

Odoul

That leak makes Harley look MUCH MUCH a hundred million billion times better than the original official photo!

And I'm pretty damn certain she'll be getting at least a few different looks by the end of this thing.

Can't wait.

tumblr_n9i8lqNrnd1rj3pljo1_500.gif

DeathyBoy

Banned
making darkseid a long-game villain (much like marvel is doing with thanos) is so uninteresting imo. i hope WB doesn't constantly tease him or anything. if they need to build him up make it in one prior film MAX

or maybe just allude to him in other films but nothing more than that.

Jokes aside, Darkseid rarely does long-cons unless he physically has to (like Final Crisis, Great Darkness Saga.) He prefers just showing up and fucking shit up.

Top Bottom