• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Suicide Squad - Cast Photo (In Costume)

DeathyBoy

Banned
Whatever this is it's perfect.

1430748708-killer-croc.jpg
Call it all out or holding back but this is on point for my taste.

And the actor is rock-solid if given something to work with. His other blockbuster work... well, the writing sucked.

Loxley

The only Harley Quinn outfit I can think of off the top of my head that doesn't sexualize her in a overt way is the original BTAS costume. But even then, we're talking about a skin-tight leotard.

Loxley

Batman Assault on Arkham ws PG-13 and had plenty of violence and sexual themes in it.

With Ayer steering the ship, I'm willing to bet this movie is going to push that PG-13 pretty hard. Which I welcome, we're talking about characters that don't pull punches here.

foxtrot3d

Banned
Batman Assault on Arkham ws PG-13 and had plenty of violence and sexual themes in it.

And was worse for it. I still can't believe people liked that movie let alone most of the DC animated movies these days. Geez, give me any regular episode of the Justice League over Assault on Arkham any day.

Nibel

Weird how there is a lot of SS leaks while there is almost nothing other than the teaser trailer and some minor stuff of BvS.

So I assume Leto will play more of a minor part in this movie?

3N16MA

Banned
And was worse for it. I still can't believe people liked that movie let alone most of the DC animated movies these days. Geez, give me any regular episode of the Justice League over Assault on Arkham any day.

You want the Suicide Squad to be as clean cut as the JL?

Senoculum

Weird how there is a lot of SS leaks while there is almost nothing other than the teaser trailer and some minor stuff of BvS.

So I assume Leto will play more of a minor part in this movie?

Said before; but BVS had a lot of leaks; but none were noteworthy I suppose. We saw Ben Affleck as Bruce Wayne (even rescuing a civilian from falling debris); we saw Gal Gadot as Diana, we saw Supes hang from wires in Chicago, as well as Clark Kent as the journalist. Heck, we even saw the batmobile in full action, being chased by police cruisers!

I think this film is just more high profile because of its cast and beloved character list. So anyone keen, is going to find lots of tidbits.

Ithil

So the main characters, I will guess, will be:

Deadshot
Flagg
Quinn

The minor:

Croc
Katana
Enchantress
Boomerang

And the cannon fodder:

El Diablo
Slipknot

Someone is getting their head blown up in the first 15 minutes, that's for sure.

BadAss2961

Deadshot
Flagg
Quinn

The minor:

Croc
Katana
Enchantress
Boomerang

And the cannon fodder:

El Diablo
Slipknot

Someone is getting their head blown up in the first 15 minutes, that's for sure.
I could see him dying, but the El Diablo this is based on isn't cannon fodder. He's one of the more powerful members at that.

Ithil

I could see him dying, but the El Diablo this is based on isn't cannon fodder. He's one of the more powerful members at that.

I'm more basing it on that the major characters are not going to be the ones with their faces obscured by tattoos or croc makeup, like how Will Smith is not going to wear that cool mask for much of the film.

KissVibes

Banned

Deadshot
Flagg
Quinn

The minor:

Croc
Katana
Enchantress
Boomerang

And the cannon fodder:

El Diablo
Slipknot

It is absolutely going to be Slipknot that dies immediately. He is a nerd that made some strong rope and decided, "I can commit crimes with this strong rope." His inclusion is an absolute joke given the character history and his fucking ability. A roster spot that could've gone to the greatest Suicide Squad member, King Shark.

Sheroking

"Don't sexualize Harley Quinn" seems like a weird point to make.

The friggin' Saturday morning cartoon that invented her, sexualized her.

foxtrot3d

Banned
You want the Suicide Squad to be as clean cut as the JL?

No. What I was getting at is that copious sex and violence doesn't replace good storytelling and writing. Any regular JL episode was miles better than the crap that was Assault on Arkham and it had none of the violence and sex level as that movie had.

MrChom

No. What I was getting at is that copious sex and violence doesn't replace good storytelling and writing. Any regular JL episode was miles better than the crap that was Assault on Arkham and it had none of the violence and sex level as that movie had.

This, a thousand times this. Assault on Arkham was pure trashy lowest common denominator comics. It struggled to tell even a basic story in a competent way without resorting to either sex or fountains of gore.

MrChom

"Don't sexualize Harley Quinn" seems like a weird point to make.

The friggin' Saturday morning cartoon that invented her, sexualized her.

There's a world of difference between a few crude puns, and a leotard to do acrobatics in compared to booty shorts and a "lucky you" tattoo over the landing strip. It's like the difference between the slinky seductress Poison Ivy of TAS and more modern versions with tits spilling forth.

That a lot of people can't make those distinctions is utterly baffling.

Can we rename this thread to the Official Production Thread? and treat it as such moving forward?

Going through 3 different Suicide Squad threads in my subscribed threads really sucks.

Senoculum

Can we rename this thread to the Official Production Thread? and treat it as such moving forward?

Going through 3 different Suicide Squad threads in my subscribed threads really sucks.

I'll try to update the OP as much as possible! So many news, and I live in the city too and have watched them shoot, so I'm already snapping a few photos of my own (including batmobile, confirmed!).

Totally agree that every new thread just causes a headache. But this was such big news that I had to post it! Any mod kind enough to rename the thread?

I'll try to update the OP as much as possible! So many news, and I live in the city too and have watched them shoot, so I'm already snapping a few photos of my own (including batmobile, confirmed!).

Totally agree that every new thread just causes a headache. But this was such big news that I had to post it! Any mod kind enough to rename the thread?

Please, I need more Harley. Thanks !

Frog-fu

Banned
inb4 Jaden joins the cast
Code:
[IMG]http://105.imagebam.com/download/voM47qJX_G4Pk_i0f4fUbg/40767/407662487/wtfjaden.jpg[/IMG]

Nibel

Said before; but BVS had a lot of leaks; but none were noteworthy I suppose. We saw Ben Affleck as Bruce Wayne (even rescuing a civilian from falling debris); we saw Gal Gadot as Diana, we saw Supes hang from wires in Chicago, as well as Clark Kent as the journalist. Heck, we even saw the batmobile in full action, being chased by police cruisers!

I think this film is just more high profile because of its cast and beloved character list. So anyone keen, is going to find lots of tidbits.

Now that you mention it, I remember some of those.. you're right I guess!

It's exciting, that's for sure.

foxtrot3d

Banned
This, a thousand times this. Assault on Arkham was pure trashy lowest common denominator comics. It struggled to tell even a basic story in a competent way without resorting to either sex or fountains of gore.

It's amazing how the 30 min episode of Task Force X within the JL is SOOO much better than that trashy movie, and it actually made sense.

Top Bottom