• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Suicide Squad - Cast Photo (In Costume)

Tabby

=)

AKxncm4.png
In an alternate universe, she would be playing as Harley.

Pilgrimzero

I don't care about her being sexualized, I just don't appreciate the random bar ho look she tends to have more recently.

Ans what's up with her and Joker having dumb shit like DAMAGED and PROPERTY OF JOKER as Parr of their designs?

Its all awkward dated shit, like someone who grew up with nu metal and Prodigy videos bringing that to the DCU in 2015 for some fucked up reason.

Because DC can't seem to understand that not every film/character needs to be "dark and gritty". Not every hero/villain has to relate to Batman in some way.

For the love of God look at what they did to Superman. Hell look at "The Arrow", they straight ripped off Batman, their OWN franchise. Flash is like the only light in the darkness.

Tesseract

Banned
I don't care about her being sexualized, I just don't appreciate the random bar ho look she tends to have more recently.

Ans what's up with her and Joker having dumb shit like DAMAGED and PROPERTY OF JOKER as Parr of their designs?

Its all awkward dated shit, like someone who grew up with nu metal and Prodigy videos bringing that to the DCU in 2015 for some fucked up reason.

what? the joker tats were a homage for the anniversary, the property of joker jacket is totally harley quinn

dunno what either gotta do with nu metal and prodigy

DeathyBoy

Banned
Because DC can't seem to understand that not every film/character needs to be "dark and gritty". Not every hero/villain has to relate to Batman in some way.

For the love of God look at what they did to Superman. Hell look at "The Arrow", they straight ripped off Batman, their OWN franchise. Flash is like the only light in the darkness.

You do realise Green Arrow was CREATED as a Batman rip-off, right? This isn't a new thing. He was Batman with a bow and arrow for decades, until he went on a road-trip with Green Lantern.

Sheroking

There's a world of difference between a few crude puns, and a leotard to do acrobatics in compared to booty shorts and a "lucky you" tattoo over the landing strip. It's like the difference between the slinky seductress Poison Ivy of TAS and more modern versions with tits spilling forth.

That a lot of people can't make those distinctions is utterly baffling.

There isn't a world of difference, though. Same exact principle.

They can just get away with more in a 2015 PG-13 (maybe) film than Timm could get away with on a saturday morning cartoon in 1993.

Pilgrimzero

You do realise Green Arrow was CREATED as a Batman rip-off, right? This isn't a new thing. He was Batman with a bow and arrow for decades, until he went on a road-trip with Green Lantern.

But he became his own character. I get DC Tv couldn't use Batman for whatever reason but come on.

enhanced-buzz-22809-1375211724-29.jpg

DeathyBoy

Banned
But he became his own character. I get DC Tv couldn't use Batman for whatever reason but come on.

As someone who's read a lot of Green Arrow comic-books:

It's actually surprisingly faithful in a lot of ways to the comics, except for the villains. Which is good. Green Arrow's villains gallery sucks. Anything they can do to make said villains gallery suck less? Thank. Fucking. God.

Birdman15

Banned

Hahahahahaha are you serious?

Look, Harley Quin literally does not exist without the Joker. Her insane devotion to that character is her reason for being. Her having "property of the Joker" on her costume is so comic book, it's perfect.

Like seriously, everything doesn't have to be a social justice issue. That is who her character is; she quite literally is the property of the Joker.

And that's ok.

As for her being sexualized-- you mean leggings And heels? What's wrong with that? Did you want her in something like that awful costume the new Batgirl was wearing?

As a fan of these characters I dont like Harley's design because it doesn't look like her but I can accept the costume for what it is because it's actually well designed. The property of Joker thing is a really nice touch

DC movies are the "realistic", gritty side of comic book movies. Thank god for that. If everything was like Marvel's tone, that would suck

"Not every hero/villain has to relate to Batman in some way"
I don't even understand what you're trying to say there

Rooster12

As someone who's read a lot of Green Arrow comic-books:

It's actually surprisingly faithful in a lot of ways to the comics, except for the villains. Which is good. Green Arrow's villains gallery sucks. Anything they can do to make said villains gallery suck less? Thank. Fucking. God.

Still....they should use more Green Arow villains....even if they suck.

That has very little to do with storytelling anyways.

Look at Fraction's Hawkeye....all Hawkeye villains suck...and the book is still amazing.

I get DC Tv couldn't use Batman for whatever reason
If Arrow was a direct Batman show there would be zero reason to go pay and see a solo Batman movie.
You would be getting an hour of Batman weekly with a total around 20+ hours a year,
For a character like Batman you could do way more with that tv time(detective work, villain development, sidekicks, support characters, love interests, etc) really the only loss is maybe a Batmobile scene.

Amagon

This casting is perfect in my eyes. Been waiting for this movie to happen for more than a decade now, can't believe its really here now.

Penguin

Not a complaint that makes sense with Suicide Squad, which I want to be "dark and gritty" and gawd do I hate those misnomers.

But it's a group of criminals, who can't get along, going on intended suicide missions.

It shouldn't be rainbows and unicorns.

And Batman is one of the few heroes who runs across the Squad quite often. Aside from Assault on Arkham, he is actually in a few of the earlier stories.

And I love his and Waller's dynamic since one of the few characters who gets to regularly shut him down.

Birdman15

Banned
LOL right into the social justice routine without even reading the very few words I wrote.

There's a Bruce Timm drawing of Harley in a nighty with her fucking nipple out, and I love that drawing. So stick that anti-SJW nonsense straight up your ass. Some of you need to stop inserting that into every discussion. It's idiotic.

I think the design is trashy and the dumb Joker tattoos/Harley's jacket are over the top in a stupid way. That's it. I dislike both designs for the same reasons.

Harley doesn't need to cover up, she needs to not look like she fell out of a fucking Slipknot video.

I get called an SJW on almost a daily basis so I wouldn't even go there with you. My point was that you clearly are trying to take it there when it isn't needed at this time. Case in point-- have you even mentioned how Killer Croc doesn't even look like Killer Croc? You went straight for the female to try to make it a social justice issue, when a few of these designs suck. Anyone could see that. So stick your attitude right up YOUR ass.

Her design isn't trashy, it's Harley. Should I point you to the literal thousands of pictures of her where she's wearing something... lets say worse than this? This costume is ok. They should have gone with Red and Black instead of bubblegum but I can definitely see Harley wearing something like this.

She's probably the BEST designed out of this group, along with Katana and Deadshot.

I keep mentioning the Joker design for a reason. You're the one projecting this female focus thing onto me.

I dislike both designs for the same. Exact. Reasons.

I am not writing about Killer Croc because that character looks different in every goddamn appearance. Harley and Joker are favorites of mine and I dislike this direction immensely. The actress being super hot doesnt make me not notice that the look just doesn't work for me.
It's very very likely that Joker won't have tattoos and will be wearing a TDKR-style white suit.

strafer

Tom Hardy Reveals Why He Dropped Out of SUICIDE SQUAD

“Warner Bros. is my home studio and I love them so I was really bummed out. I wanted to work on that and I know the script is really fucking alley and I also know what’s gonna happen with The Joker and Harley Quinn in that; I won’t give away too much…it’s fucking alley. And that whole territory is something that I would certainly—I mean, everybody loves The Joker. Everybody loves The Joker. Will Smith is a dope guy, but everybody loves The Joker and that’s gonna, I think, be a very important film for fans.”

“There’s a very practical element as to why I’ve missed out on that foray, which is because Alejandro [G. Inarritu] has overshot by three months in Calgary, so we’ve got to go back out to Patagonia or Alaska to continue shooting The Revenant which has turned into a much bigger beast than we thought, but that also looks exceptional.”

“Literally we wrapped in Calgary for now until we go back in July. It would have smashed the two, I would’ve had a beard. It was just not gonna happen so I got ass-slammed technically out of Suicide Squad, gutted, so I had to hand it over to Joel Kinnaman, who will do an amazing job. It’s just I got bumped out, and that’s cool that’s the way it is.”

Birdman15

Banned
It's very very likely that Joker won't have tattoos and will be wearing an TDKR-style white suit.
Thank you.

We haven't even seen the Joker's full design yet so how is he even "mentioning the Jokers design for a reason"?

I was going to say this but between his edit and you beating me to the punch I'll just say this:

From what we've seen of the Joker so far, that aesthetic matches Harley's design completely. They seem to fit well together. How this will all fit into the gritty aesthetic of Batman v Superman, well who knows?

But specifically singling out Harley and calling her trashy seems like some conservative BS to me

Thank you.

We haven't even seen the Joker's full design yet so how is he even "mentioning the Jokers design for a reason"?

I was going to say this but between his edit and you beating me to the punch I'll just say this:

From what we've seen of the Joker so far, that aesthetic matches Harley's design completely. They seem to fit well together. How this will all fit into the gritty aesthetic of Batman v Superman, well who knows?

But specifically singling out Harley and calling her trashy seems like some conservative BS to me
I love that Joker and Harley seem so odds with the grounded realistic tone of Man of Steel and BvS. Like, shouldn't they be? The dynamic between wild Joker and veteran Batfleck will be incredible

I don't see how you could look at Harley and NOT think Hot Topic. She literally looks like a scene queen at a Korn show. Like she is still living in the MySpace era.

Harley was some of the best selling stuff when I worked there in college. Harley and Hot Topic were made for each other.

Birdman15

Banned
I love that Joker and Harley seem so odds with the grounded realistic tone of Man of Steel and BvS. Like, shouldn't they be? The dynamic between wild Joker and veteran Batfleck will be incredible

Yes lol

Can't say I'm not excited haha

As a Marvel fan (who also likes/tolerates DC), I am in there like swimwear for both these films.

But holy shit Killer Croc looks bad.

Top Bottom