• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Suicide Squad - Cast Photo (In Costume)

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CEKqmlMUIAAXoVX.jpg:large

Definitely a covert mission
tpYj6AB.png

Cappa

joker's prolly gonna be the hannibal lecter of this movie (silence of the lambs). in a prison cell the whole time and then gets his big escape

steals the film even though buffalo bill was the main villain.

tomtom94

Between this and the Joker photo I'm getting the same feeling I get every time Fox release something from X-Men: I really dislike the still photos but I'm fairly convinced they will work in motion. Tl;dr bring on the trailer, that photo is distinctly average.

Frog-fu

Banned
or Batman.

This could work if the events in Batman v Superman leads to the creation of the Suicide Squad to capture and/or kill Batman. They probably be the best qualified candidates because they've already dealt with him once.

As for Supes, the government could either turn to Wonder Woman or she can appear of her own volition because Supes is a threat or whatever. All this could lead to the creation of the Justice League if the main heel is properly foreshadowed and Flash, Cyborg and Aquaman are introduced in a logical manner.

Also, a friend of mine who is working on this may have mentioned that Harley maaaaay have her pet Hyenas in this. Just saying

This person showed me Katana's mask about 2 weeks ago before this picture came out and officially announced her...so I have reason to trust 'em.

Frog-fu

Banned
So should she get massive breast implants as well so their chests are equal? Ridiculous

Wonder Woman is Amazonian. She's supposed to be around the same height as Supes and Bats. The heels serve a purpose in accomplishing that or as close as possible to it anyway.

I'm thinking that the movie will be promoted/sold on the Harley, Deadshot and The Joker. Harley is by far the most recognizable character on the team and has been in huge demand for quite some time, especially because the millennial that grew up watching Batman now have money to spend + nostalgia. If they can nail the Brooklyn accent, she's got it in the bag.

Deadshot because Will Smith is huge and The Joker, because you know. Also, I wouldn't be surprised if Ben Affleck gets a bigger role in the movie and in the promo.

Thoughts here?

ReiGun

making darkseid a long-game villain (much like marvel is doing with thanos) is so uninteresting imo. i hope WB doesn't constantly tease him or anything. if they need to build him up make it in one prior film MAX

or maybe just allude to him in other films but nothing more than that.
Current rumor says Darkseid is the villain in the second movie. So not that long game.

Anyone think it's funny some people can't seem to reconcile "dark and gritty" and "comic book-y" are two different things not mutually exclusive to one another?

Yes. It's like people don't know there a myriad of tones a comic book can have.

Harley love aside, I have to give props to the design for Killer Croc.

Looks fantastic, was worried it might come off as cheesy in the transition to live action, but it looks great.

Are you saying that actors need to be the same within 4" of height or else the movie falls apart?

No heels, 5'3"

Problem 1) Just because I'm not outraged by a minor costume decision doesn't mean I think it was the best idea. I've already said they look silly and that I only really agree with them because it helps give her more presence.

Problem 2) You're honestly using the MCU as an example of good cinematography? Where's the Jennifer Lawrence gif at?

Problem 3) You're comparing a core part of the DC pantheon to a periphery character in the Avengers. Cool.

To be honest, it probably varies from film to film.

Or maybe even from scene to scene.

Shh. Don't ruin the narrative.

Loxley

Current rumor says Darkseid is the villain in the second movie. So not that long game.

Yes. It's like people don't know there a myriad of tones a comic book can have.

I genuinely believe the people who say stuff like that either don't read comics at all or only read a very specific few and have severe tunnel-vision when it comes to the wide variety of superhero comics on the market.

making darkseid a long-game villain (much like marvel is doing with thanos) is so uninteresting imo. i hope WB doesn't constantly tease him or anything. if they need to build him up make it in one prior film MAX

or maybe just allude to him in other films but nothing more than that.

I'm personally hoping for Brainiac to be the long game villain. Darksied seems too obvious, Brainiac could work really well...

Effect

These aren't normal leaks right?

There are far to many set photos and of good quality. Unless they caught the person and ask them to hold off releasing the photos until they released the official photo first. Then said they could go ahead and release what he or she took on the set.

KissVibes

Banned
Do you have any knowledge of Harley Quinn? lol

Yes?

My understanding from what I've read of Quinn is that she has a largely unrequited, and absolutely obsessive love for Joker, but they're really beating you over the head in this movie with just how crazy they're both supposed to be. As if the writing and performances can't convey the character and motivations enough, you must be visually beaten over the head with it. Clown tattoos, DAMAGED written on Joker's forehead, the property of Joker jacket. It all seems like too much bullshit. It would be like Killer Croc having a giant gold chain that said KILLER CROCODILE, LOOK AT MY SKIN GUYS.

Rooster12

The only one that looks remotely good is Katana.

Besides that I thought every single one of the them looks godawful.

Yeah let's just put a trenchcoat on everyone and draw some tattoos on their faces...

EDIT: The Croc one in the jacket looks pretty nice.

Papacheeks

Banned
Captain Boomerang in Arrow/Flash series looked great.

Along with deadshot.

This movie looks like shit. Croc looks alright I guess, but I feel makup wise why not go all out, like hellboy?

Lmao people still think CW deadshot looks better? Get ya eyes checked

And makeup on croc is pretty all-out. It's gross and you would never know who the actor is

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
Captain Boomerang in Arrow/Flash series looked great.

Along with deadshot.

This movie looks like shit. Croc looks alright I guess, but I feel makup wise why not go all out, like hellboy?
Whatever this is it's perfect.

1430748708-killer-croc.jpg
Call it all out or holding back but this is on point for my taste.

Top Bottom