• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Suicide Squad - Cast Photo (In Costume)

Bloodrage

Banned
Because DC can't seem to understand that not every film/character needs to be "dark and gritty". Not every hero/villain has to relate to Batman in some way.

For the love of God look at what they did to Superman. Hell look at "The Arrow", they straight ripped off Batman, their OWN franchise. Flash is like the only light in the darkness.
Marvel's stories, as always, are aimed at children with their cringingly bad humor and colorful, cheap looking visual design. This is why I can't enjoy their films aside from Blade and Blade 2.

Dark and gritty >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> whatever the fuck Marvel's doing

fury road looking pretty alley too. tom hardy's got a really interesting career these days. carving out great blockbuster work and really good drama stuff too as well. revenant's gonna be really good.

if he does decided to do another WB movie I'd like him to play a hero as well, but hopefully not the straight man.

Birdman15

Banned
Marvel's stories, as always, are aimed at children with their corny humor and colorful, cheap looking visual design. This is why I can't enjoy their films aside from Blade and Blade 2.

Dark and gritty >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> whatever the fuck Marvel's doing

Is there a possible way to use my Avatar as an avatar quote for THIS?

Jesus, why would you want to start this again?
You're crazy if you think DCs upcoming films aren't aimed at the same demographic as Marvel's (i.e. comic fans).

Humor is how Marvel sells it. DC prefers a realistic tone to drive sales.

Harley was a clown woman.

This Harley is a clown woman.

I'm not seeing the issues. She just has to have an annoyingly squeeky NJ/NY accent and she kinda already pulled that off in the wolf of wall street so we should be good.

You're crazy if you think DCs upcoming films aren't aimed at the same demographic as Marvel's (i.e. comic fans).

Theres over-lap, but Marvel easily has more mainstream appeal. The Dark Knight definitely had fans of all ages, but I could easily see a parent saying "not for my kid". I literally can't imagine any Marvel movie having that issue.

E the Shaggy

What hero could Hardy play in the DCCU ?

Fuck it, make him Bane again, but have him look more like this:

bane.png

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
I'm kinda glad he passed on Rick Flagg, would've been a waste. Joel Kinamanananana dude looks more like Rick Flagg than him anyway. Tom Hardy needs to play a superhero, Green Arrow, Green Lantern... I don't know.

Marvel's stories, as always, are aimed at children with their cringingly bad humor and colorful, cheap looking visual design. This is why I can't enjoy their films aside from Blade and Blade 2.

This is sarcasm right?

Penguin

I'm kinda glad he passed on Rick Flagg, would've been a waste. Joel Kinamanananana dude looks more like Rick Flagg than him anyway. Tom Hardy needs to play a superhero, Green Arrow, Green Lantern... I don't know.

Yeah as much as I dig Hardy... this new dude looks generic enough to not stand out... which is Flagg's role.

Theres over-lap, but Marvel easily has more mainstream appeal. The Dark Knight definitely had fans of all ages, but I could easily see a parent saying "not for my kid". I literally can't imagine any Marvel movie having that issue.

There was definitely a heavy stigma around it for how dark it was. All the soccer moms in my mom's friend group were spreading rumors about it, and my younger brothers weren't allowed to see it.

But it's still one of my top five movies of all time, so IDGAF.

Birdman15

Banned

Sure.

But still, these films are for the fans. Suicide Squad? How niche is this group? Harley is the only somewhat recognizable character and even she's fringe.

Honestly though, I wouldn't mind more R rated comic films-- Marvel's Blade comes to mind.

Now THAT was grittier than anything DC has ever put out and it was successful.

The funny thing is that if you went by some reactions here, you'd think "comic books" mean fun, light, not serious. While in reality the medium is insanely diverse and varied. Humorous and fun, realistic, dark and gritty, grim and bleak, and everything in between

Salsa

late but : terrible

Harley at least has the right attitude but jesus Killer Croc looks like shit

Deadshot costume with mask looks god awful too

just don't release these pictures and show movie stills with the proper lighting

regardless of that lighting tho; fuckin KILLER CROC should be at least TWICE that big

Bloodrage

Banned

Your mistake is believing that all comic fans are into the same types of comics. If I want a more mature story with characters that are older, I go with DC.

Deadpool is gonna be another one of those movies for Marvel, where they think the jokes will be funny and hold up well, but they really won't. Just see Guardians of the Galaxy, which I'm sure you have. The movie went from bad to worse for me on second viewing, especially because it tried so hard to be funny. That's Marvel style, not DC's.

Birdman15

Banned
The funny thing is that if you went by some reactions here, you'd think "comic books" mean fun, light, not serious. While in reality the medium is insanely diverse and varied. Humorous and fun, realistic, dark and gritty, grim and bleak, and everything in between

Yeah, it's extremely lame that some folks think it should be either or.

Comics are as diverse as the people who write them.

Secret Wars is just as grim as Darkest Knight, and The Flash's stories are as light hearted as Spider-Man's.

late but : terrible

Harley at least has the right attitude but jesus Killer Croc looks like shit

Deadshot costume with mask looks god awful too

just don't release these pictures and show movie stills with the proper lighting

regardless of that lighting tho; fuckin KILLER CROC should be at least TWICE that big
Looks good to me
1430748708-killer-croc.jpg

They're obviously not going for the hulking dinosaur croc monster from Hush.

Salsa

dude after that AoU thread this movie is gonna be SUCH a tumblr mess

Harley Quinn should be a coked up paranoid slut who just want to sit on the joker's dick

that's who she is

and people are already saying that set pic where you can see her butt is "too sexualized"

jesus christ doomed from the get go

DeathyBoy

Banned
Could Hardy play Darkseid?

Hmm...

You turned your back and I wrecked your world. Fucking wrecked it. Deprived your people of their powers, their hopes, their future, the useless slags. What will you do when your friends, your enemies, your lover, are all fucking Darkseid, right? When there is one body. One mind. One will. One life,.like, that is Darkseid, mate. Will you be the enemy of all existence, then? What irony that will be, me old Son of Krypton. Right up your alley, son.

I'd be down for that.

Birdman15

Banned
Your mistake is believing that all comic fans are into the same types of comics. If I want a more mature story with characters that are older, I go with DC.

Deadpool is gonna be another one of those movies for Marvel, where they think the jokes will be funny and hold up well, but they really won't. Just see Guardians of the Galaxy, which I'm sure you have. The movie went from bad to worse for me on second viewing, especially because it tried so hard to be funny. That's Marvel style, not DC's.

Lol I called Guardians an average film in the Age of Ultron OT.

So I hear you.

But why do you have to start the "fuck Marvel, go DC" nonsense again? It's lame.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
dude after that AoU thread this movie is gonna be SUCH a tumblr mess

Harley Quinn should be a coked up paranoid slut who just want to sit on the joker's dick

that's who she is

and people are already saying that set pic where you can see her butt is "too sexualized"

jesus christ doomed from the get go
I say go all in and controversy creates cash.

WinFonda

Harley and Killer Croc look great!

the others will prob look much better on film with proper lighting.

Harley is definitely the standout there tho, just feels like her design has the most vibrancy and life. its kinda like the rest of the cast was made just to draw more attention to her, lol.

0yfVz.gif

Gather them

Bloodrage

Banned
Lol I called Guardians an average film in the Age of Ultron OT.

So I hear you.

But why do you have to start the "fuck Marvel, go DC" nonsense again? It's lame.
I'm not saying fuck Marvel. I'm saying fuck their decision to abandon darker films like Blade in favor of the same shit over and over again.

Eh, no.

Dark and gritty works for some characters but when you try to apply it to people like Superman it just doesn't work.
I enjoyed Man of Steel more than any Marvel film in recent memory. Marvel's "best stuff" according to the masses just doesn't impress me. Their best shit is what they forgot about (Blade). At least from what I've seen, which is pretty much everything from them including Winter Soldier, which I thought was overrated. It was decent, mostly for the opening. Stopped caring after that. The tone of their films (and comics) makes it really hard for me to give a fuck.

Top Bottom