• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Suicide Squad - Cast Photo (In Costume)

This is supposed to be someone on a covert, top-secret, mission impossible type mission.
facepalm.gif

To be fair, Harley is the exact person on the team who wouldn't give a crap about what the mission was and wear what she wants.

dramatis

you obviously have never done stunts in high heels before.
Well, the comparison is between the cosplay that neorej posted and the actual Suicide Squad movie costume for Harley that we see here (not knowing how many costumes she'll have as Harley). In both instances neither of them are wearing footwear that's good for stunts at all, but outside of footwear the neorej suit looks like it would be a chore to move in compared to Margot Robbie's costume now.

He's under the impression that it's a better design visually, perhaps, but I think the pseudo 'bondage girl' look is not better than what's presented here.

obin_gam

Margot Robbie on twitter posted the group pic and said

Margot Robbie @MargotRobbie · 4h 4 hours ago
We're going on a field trip!! #SuicideSquad @DavidAyerMovies

That's something Harley would totally say, she gets the character.

Good, so now that's decided :D

Suicide Squad |OT| We're going on a field trip!!

Side note: I read rumors that Harley will have multiple costume changes, seeing as she's the selling point of this film. The source said her jester costume will be featured in a flashback. This was on Batman News, I believe.

Not feeling it. The look doesn't look "authentic", I don't know how to describe it but they look like cosplayers (sorry to cosplayers but I really don't know how else to describe it).

These are ridiculous--those look like 5" heels.

However, the recent concept art posted shows they toned these down quite a bit, so I'm happy.

Don't get me wrong, from a design point of view I think they're silly. It's just that Affleck is 6'3" and Cavill is 6'1" whilst Gal Gadot is only 5'10" so I can understand needing to pump her height up a bit considering she's playing Wonder Woman who's always been around the same height as the other two.

Sephzilla

I think the First Avenger costume beats the Avengers look by a country mile.

That said, his AOU outfit also looks pretty kick-ass.

His AOU outfit is probably my favorite one. Put either the AOU or TFA helmet on the Avengers one and its GOAT though.

shira

Don't get me wrong, from a design point of view I think they're silly. It's just that Affleck is 6'3" and Cavill is 6'1" whilst Gal Gadot is only 5'10" so I can understand needing to pump her height up a bit considering she's playing Wonder Woman who's always been around the same height as the other two.
So should she get massive breast implants as well so their chests are equal? Ridiculous

I'm talking about the clothing that appears skin tight and restrictive. Fine for a photo shoot but how practical is it for moving around or action scenes?

Depends just as much as the type of fabric being used, as well. Skintight is very comfortable if its flexible and breathable.

Frog-fu

Banned
Anyone think it's funny some people can't seem to reconcile "dark and gritty" and "comic book-y" are two different things not mutually exclusive to one another?

Top Bottom