• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Suicide Squad - Cast Photo (In Costume)

Kibbles

Higher res pic of Deadshot
Will-Smith-Deadshot-HiRes.jpg

I like the half helmet/eyepatch headgear better.

Plus the bright white color would make his head a really glaring target.

Yea definitely cause the garish bright red and black getup with the gaudy attention-grabbing call of duty golden gun camo and the literal target painted on his chest don't do that already :p

I like the half helmet/eyepatch headgear better.

Plus the bright white color would make his head a really glaring target.

To be honest, part of the reason Deashot's costume is flashy in the comics is because he WANTS to be killed in action therefore making him want to be a target.

Cade

I am the light, the way
I am the light, the way
I am the light, the way

Is every single character going to helpfully be labeled with messages?

The art direction this film has so far is almost shockingly terrible.

I am the light, the way
I am the light, the way
I am the light, the way

Is every single character going to helpfully be labeled with messages?

I hope Ben Affleck/Bruce Wayne has a nice script tattoo on his bicep or something that says "I am the night".

Odoul

Yeah, I was just thinking that he probably wouldn't care as long as he sees Harley as a tool/annoyance.

But I don't know if the writers would try to make the route "Joker is bad for Harley, let her be with someone better" since Joker and Jared are really popular and people never saw Joker/Harley together on the big screen.

In Arkham Asylum the Joker is yelling at his guys for not finding Batman.

Says the one to find him gets a night with Harley. He might even let her know this time, but surprising her would be more funny.

If they portray the dynamic on screen right it's definitely going to piss a portion of their audience off.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
Yea definitely cause the garish bright red and black getup with the gaudy attention-grabbing call of duty golden gun camo and the literal target painted on his chest don't do that already :p

These will hardly be seen unlike the white mask, after they decrease the saturation and the brightness during the post production for this movie

Frog-fu

Banned
This isn't directed at anyone in this thread in particular, but just as a general thought, it'd nice if comic book movies could be comic book like without pedantic whinging and everything being dismissed out of hand as "hot topic-y" or "cringeworthy" or "edgy." It's a comic book movie about supervillains, let it be what it wants to be. We got realistic movies from Nolan. Time for something new. If it's too self-referential for people should either get over it or just don't watch it. Vote with your wallet, but just let the movie be what it will.

DaveH

I'm probably reading too much into this, but the size of this rubble makes me think someone or something with super-strength is involved in this battle... that this isn't just a structure collapsed by conventional means.

tim1138

Cool thanks for the heads up. I should be fine though. If i can read Liefeld's X-force then I can read anything.

Thankfully they are going to be releasing trades of the definitive Suicide Squad run by John Ostrander. The first volume is out in a couple months, the second towards the end of the year, and I'm guessing the rest will come next year.

Quick

Banned
Some filming is either happening or has happened today at Bay and Bloor in Toronto for anyone in the area wanting to take a peek. I figured they'd eventually do some filming during the day.

Fury451

Banned

Haha, I suppose, but the rest of his outfit seemed more "muted" to me. Like darker combat/tactical colors, and then a giant white head. But you have a good point too lol

To be honest, part of the reason Deashot's costume is flashy in the comics is because he WANTS to be killed in action therefore making him want to be a target.

I actually didn't know that, I'm pretty limited on my knowledge of Deadshot, so I guess if he is a death seeker of sorts, then that would make a lot of sense. Maybe that will play into his background here too.

Nibel

Umberto strikes again

HOT RUMOR! Sources are telling me that Jared Leto is going all out for his portrayal of the Joker in Suicide Squad & that he is staying in character behind the scenes on set. I'm also told his performance will rival if not surpass Heath Ledger's portrayal of the Joker.
#SuicideSquad #skwad #TheJoker #Joker #JokerLeto #JaredLeto #dc #dccomics #dccu

https://instagram.com/p/2n7jqhDpkh/

Not much of a rumor. :p

Top Bottom