• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Suicide Squad - Cast Photo (In Costume)

Looking good here:

capasite.jpg

This image has me worried.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
I think he will make it his own and the Joker will be nuts enough to work, despite his look,
I really hope they are trolling us, like somehow this OTT version is make-up or a look he is using and later on he tones it down to more classic style,

but all I am having is shades of batman and robin, please don't let that happen...........

Yeaaaaaah they kept the tattoos!!!! Damaged is basura but if they play it into his self-awareness it's fine

Plus this has fury road's stunt coordinator, pray Ayer lets him do his thing

abadguy

Banned
You're thinking of the wrong character there. Like, that would imply that this

Batmanback-277916.jpg

looks like a murderous ... a murderous psychopath.

Oh.

Nevermind.

More like he looks like the Goddamned Batman. I don't really have any issues with this Joker so far, not much to go on until i see the performance. Again wasn't exactly crazy about Ledger's look either before TDK came out.

obin_gam

I think he will make it his own and the Joker will be nuts enough to work, despite his look,
I really hope they are trolling us, like somehow this OTT version is make-up or a look he is using and later on he tones it down to more classic style,

but all I am having is shades of batman and robin, please don't let that happen...........

Just like TDK Joker being surely permawhite under his skin makeup under his white makeup.

Looks like Plant Growth, Poison Ivy maybe

I'm wondering if all the
street damage
we're seeing isn't from the movie proper, but a part of a dedicated send-off sequence teasing other DC villains. The ice would be... well, there's a lot of possibilities for the ice, but the
plant growth
has a much clearer culprit.

I'd assume so, since DC is creating a CU, and Suicide Squad falls within it.

I just can't see this Joker or these people existing alongside the current Man of Steel and Affleckman.

For that reason alone, it might be stand-alone.

Can you goddamn imagine if these were the new DCCU staple character designs?

I'm 100% sure they'll change costumes/looks, CA went through like what, 4 different suits so far?

If the tattoo thing doesn't shake down... we're talking about a character who cut off his own face. I'm sure someone could write his tattoo out through pouring acid on his skin or some other insane shit. I have faith in Ayer, I think Joker's garrish style is a great contrast to this incarnation of Batman.

Like I said in the other DC thread, I don't think these films are as strongly linked in story/tone. We already have a comedy duo writing Flash. I'm sure there won't be contradictions, but I'm not expecting a strong overarching story other then maybe a Darkseid/New Gods cameo in Superman's films.

3N16MA

Banned
I like it. He looks genuinely creepy and I have no problem with the tattoos. The Damaged tattoo would have been better if it was horrible because he did it himself but he may be self aware.

11216591_843386989044021_3156179575379934520_n.jpg

Video: https://instagram.com/p/22hiS2jmKI/?taken-by=batmanvsupermanofficial
batmanvsupermanofficial
Jared Leto / The Joker in his Lamborghini & Margot Robbie / Harley Quinn on her motorcycle. Also inside source has claimed that the music that will be established in post-production when the Joker is getting out of the car will be "All eyes on me by #TupacShakur"

"All eyes on me". You know what, i´m all in. That´s so ridiculous i have to love it.

Damaged does look kinda meh, but whatever. The rest is fine. Love that his car has lights inside, so that you can see the Joker in his car no matter what.

Ahasverus

I hope you're right, but:

-I'm not sure that pushes it outside of PG-13

-It might not make it into the theatrical cut. The inevitable unrated edition, yeah, but past that, dunno.
The word "Sex" already pushes it I think. If it was only "hot girls" it wouldn't. Sum the pile of bodies and the Joker, well, it sounds like a hard R.

The word "Sex" already pushes it I think. If it was only "hot girls" it wouldn't. Sum the pile of bodies and the Joker, well, it sounds like a hard R.

I think you're overestimating the prudishness of the MPAA. If you can say "fuck" in a PG-13 movie, I'm thinking "sex" makes the cut.

People are thinking this is gonna be R? Really?

It's not going to happen.

I think it could be R. WB seems to be taking a much looser approach to the DCCU than Marvel did with the MCU; you're not going to be expected to see every movie to build towards the big tentpoles. David Ayer, villain-centric, I could see it.

I just don't think that a Midway City Sex Shop automatically qualifies it as such :p

BadAss2961

Reminds me of that stage in Injustice. Teen rating, btw.

VVkoIxS.jpg

I'd love to see an R rating, that would be ballsy. Evidence is mounting, but it's still doubtful. This is the movie that really cracks open the universe. Plus Batman's in this.

dramatis

Katana's costume is based on the Japanese biker gang look (bosozoku). The ribbon is a part of that. If she ever shows up in another movie and they decide to redesign her to lose the bosozoku inspiration, she'll probably lose the ribbon too.

Top Bottom