• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Suicide Squad - Cast Photo (In Costume)

It's one thing to close Yonge St to traffic; closing it to pedestrians is a whole other ballgame

It's one of the major streets in Toronto

Even if they did keep people off the sidewalks, there are thousands of people with a view of the street from their condos/appartments

Jeez this entire film is going to be shot outside isn't it? The budget must be pretty big considering all the location filming, traffic shutdown etc.

Busty

Banned

It looks like they are
soldiers who have been 'slimed' with something or transformed somehow.
I wonder if they are either...,

The result of Enchantress' magic.

Some kind of weird 'plant zombie' spawned by Florian Man (who was rumoured to be the villain in Del Toro's Dark Universe script) or Poison Ivy..., providing that either of them are actually in the film of course.

Or (if those are little eyes) maybe this is a cinematic reinvention of Starro? Instead of brainwashing it's victim with a one eyed starfish that covers their face the DCU Starro covers them in a weird gloop and makes them 'zombies' that way.

It looks like they are
soldiers who have been 'slimed' with something or transformed somehow.
I wonder if they are either...,

The result of Enchantress' magic.

Some kind of weird 'plant zombie' spawned by Florian Man (who was rumoured to be the villain in Del Toro's Dark Universe script) or Poison Ivy..., providing that either of them are actually in the film of course.

Or (if those are little eyes) maybe this is a cinematic reinvention of Starro? Instead of brainwashing it's victim with a one eyed starfish that covers their face the DCU Starro covers them in a weird gloop and makes them 'zombies' that way.
Given the shots of
plants taking down a military helicopter, I think soldiers mutated by Poison Ivy is the best bet. I wonder if this is going to be the final action scene. A big Arkham riot/breakout, Ivy and Freeze and other inmates going on a rampage as the Squad, the military, and Batman fight back

Busty

Banned
Given the shots of
plants taking down a military helicopter, I think soldiers mutated by Poison Ivy is the best bet. I wonder if this is going to be the final action scene. A big Arkham riot/breakout, Ivy and Freeze and other inmates going on a rampage as the Squad, the military, and Batman fight back

That's a good point. It'll be interesting to see what WB talk about at their ComicCon presentation given that the casting of potentially pivotal roles such as
Poison Ivy and Deathstroke
(if they are indeed in the film) have yet to be announced.

I still have a feeling that this film has some big tricks/reveals up its sleeve that we've yet to hear about.

Has ayer said how much practical vs cgi there is? It's pretty much 0 chance of seeing any sort of trailer at comic con right? If they do I imagine it will be Leto and Affleck or maybe the club scene with Joker and Harley.

Senoculum

Has ayer said how much practical vs cgi there is? It's pretty much 0 chance of seeing any sort of trailer at comic con right? If they do I imagine it will be Leto and Affleck or maybe the club scene with Joker and Harley.

There's going to be a ton of CGI. The film has a longer post production schedule than Captain America: Civil War and Xmen: Apocalypse! If I'm not mistaken, I heard MPC is doing some work - the company that did Godzilla, Prometheus, and the environments in Guardians of the Galaxy.

I just want to see a leaked picture of Batman and Joker in a scene, then I am going to unsub this thread.

They shot all their scenes in-studio, so you're gonna be here a long time! But don't tell anyone I said anything ;P

There's going to be a ton of CGI. The film has a longer post production schedule than Captain America: Civil War and Xmen: Apocalypse!

They shot all their scenes in-studio, so you're gonna be here a long time! But don't tell anyone I said anything ;P

I'm conflicted on cgi vs practical after Mad Max. I'm happy that DC universe isn't grounded but I feel like the squad itself should be grounded compared to most properties. I'll just take it as a sign that enchantress + other arkham inmates are going to be awesome.

Brinbe

Ha, I was there last night after work. Got some blurry pics and vids too haha. It looked okay.

POfxr3L.jpg

HfpK52I.jpg

IVREMmZ.jpg

DaveH

I'll just take it as a sign that enchantress + other arkham inmates are going to be awesome.
You mean Belle Reve... small but important distinction that we're not locked into just Batman's IP but the DCCU at large which is why I don't think Poison Ivy is involved... or the kind of casting they could keep under wraps.

Busty

Banned
You mean Belle Reve... small but important distinction that we're not locked into just Batman's IP but the DCCU at large which is why I don't think Poison Ivy is involved... or the kind of casting they could keep under wraps.

Yup. I assumed that
Arkham Asylum would be up and running by the end of the film after the prison break at Belle Reve

I had thought Arkham Asylum breakout may be involved at some point because of the tweets Ayer had of the Arkham files and I thought Joker might break out during the movie. Probably more to do with teasing Harley/Joker.

Starting to think the vines on the helicopter is more enchantress vodoo/swamp magic thing going on.
Wasn't one of the way earlier leaks that she becomes a threat/villain later in the movie and goes berserk? Certainly fitting some of these images.

I'm liking Joker's car. It's flashy and attention drawing just like him. I'm wondering however if it'll have any special gadgets because it doesn't really look optimized for combat.

Also there's only one appropriate OT title for this movie.

Suicide Squad |OT| The Fresh Prince of Belle Reve

when is this planned to hit theatres?

plus with all the B man I am guessing they'll likely real in a ton of people who didn't want to watch the movie in the first place

Jackpot

Banned
Just posting to say that I was grateful for the new thread, otherwise I'd have never seen those vids. Not saying there should be new threads for every leaked still but there was enough content there for a thread. Thought mods were supposed to be steering people away from compressing things in a single mega-thread :(.

DaveH

Little bit, yeah. No nose turret, for one. It's been speculated that the scene with Harley and the Joker is a flashback, so it could be an older model.
The rear fins are also together instead of spread apart like we've seen up until now.

If the scene is a flashback, I don't think there's any way they can argue that "Batman is an urban legend."

It doesn't affect Man of Steel, because even if you know about a vigilante like Batman existing, I don't see anywhere in the film that it's reasonably brought up... unless Batman also has a reputation for taking down metahumans... then the awe surrounding Superman is a little out of place.

However, if this is after Batman v. Superman and the League has dawned, Wonder Woman has publicly debuted, and whatever takes the Trinity to tackle has been presented... in that world, seeing the Batmobile cruise down the street is par for the course.

The rear fins are also together instead of spread apart like we've seen up until now.

If the scene is a flashback, I don't think there's any way they can argue that "Batman is an urban legend."

It doesn't affect Man of Steel, because even if you know about a vigilante like Batman existing, I don't see anywhere in the film that it's reasonably brought up... unless Batman also has a reputation for taking down metahumans... then the awe surrounding Superman is a little out of place.

However, if this is after Batman v. Superman and the League has dawned, Wonder Woman has publicly debuted, and whatever takes the Trinity to tackle has been presented... in that world, seeing the Batmobile cruise down the street is par for the course.

Depends how they shoot the scene. It's pretty low-profile, all things considered (at least, compared to basically all the other live-action batmobiles).

Penguin

Just posting to say that I was grateful for the new thread, otherwise I'd have never seen those vids. Not saying there should be new threads for every leaked still but there was enough content there for a thread. Thought mods were supposed to be steering people away from compressing things in a single mega-thread :(.

New threads for new news... I don't think set pics constitutes new news

Anyhow, seems like Ayer's just rolling with it

I believe in old school filmmaking. Real stunts. Real people. Real places. It makes all the difference on the screen. Thank you #Toronto

https://twitter.com/DavidAyerMovies/status/603319841085399041

I don't mind stuff like car chases but I hate seeing pictures of the squad together because I want to keep squad deaths a surprise.

Does anyone have the link to when Snyder said Superman is the first hero in the DCCU? I'm curious if he elaborated and said he's the first hero with super powers, or first known super heroes. Even if he contradicts himself there's nothing in MoS that makes Batman implausible. Wasn't there a poster of Batman in the film?

DaveH

Does anyone have the link to when Snyder said Superman is the first hero in the DCCU?
I could be wrong, but I don't think he's ever said that. He does say Superman- in the real world- is the first superhero a lot.

Even during the junket for MOS, in Snyder's mind, MOS takes place within a larger DCU:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Omx2CYU6Ks

The poster was in Watchmen haha but there was the satelite.
There was a "Keep Calm And Call Batman" poster in MOS:
http://www.empireonline.com/features/man-of-steel-easter-eggs/p1

I don't mind stuff like car chases but I hate seeing pictures of the squad together because I want to keep squad deaths a surprise.

Does anyone have the link to when Snyder said Superman is the first hero in the DCCU? I'm curious if he elaborated and said he's the first hero with super powers, or first known super heroes. Even if he contradicts himself there's nothing in MoS that makes Batman implausible. Wasn't there a poster of Batman in the film?

i hope that was just an earlier idea of his before everything came to fruition. it looks to me like WB is going with the "already established backstory" thing with some of these heroes and villains now. that's so much more exciting to me.

and it used to be done too, xmen and blade started that way.

The poster was in Watchmen haha but there was the satelite.

Didn't even notice that. I need to watch the extended edition some day.

I could be wrong, but I don't think he's ever said that. He does say Superman- in the real world- is the first superhero a lot.

Even during the junket for MOS, in Snyder's mind, MOS takes place within a larger DCU:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Omx2CYU6Ks

There was a "Keep Calm And Call Batman" poster in MOS:
http://www.empireonline.com/features/man-of-steel-easter-eggs/p1

Yeah that's the teaser I was thinking of.

Never actually sat down and watch the cast interviews. Did not expect Amy or Cavil to be fans. Maybe I'm reading it into it a bit much but it seems like the Doomsday question surprised threw Snyder off, wonder if he already had Doomsday set as the villain in BvS. Also love how quaint Micheal Shannon and Antje are. Should make it a goal to watch the special features.

i hope that was just an earlier idea of his before everything came to fruition. it looks to me like WB is going with the "already established backstory" thing with some of these heroes and villains now. that's so much more exciting to me.

and it used to be done too, xmen and blade started that way.

Oh yeah, I think they could throw a lot of names out there and audiences would be fine. The "too many characters" argument is overblown, people know who the Justice League and Superfriends are, they know who Batman and his rogue's gallery are. Even if they didn't you don't need a 2 hour long movie to tell you that someone named Poison Ivy controls plants. I'd be surprised if they had the JSA though.

Magnus

All I had to do was walk 10 minutes west of here, my home, last night, to see the goddamned BATMOBILE in pursuit of the Joker in the flesh.

FUCK!

Pachimari

I'm usually a Marvel guy, but I gotta say, that right now, I'm really excited about the DCCU, and Suicide Squad is my most anticipated "superhero" movie. Everything about it looks awesome, and I just love this rendition of the Joker and Harley Quinn!

Top Bottom