• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Suicide Squad - Cast Photo (In Costume)

Joker looks incredible, can't really fault the look. The tattoos might be annoying, but the overall look is near perfect.

Reminds me a lot of the Joker design from Return of the Joker.

shira

ncJdxTN.jpg

uggggggh.

Oh lord this movie is going to be awful
facepalm.gif

Not sure how i feel about this Joker. He looks more like a cosplay character. I guess Ledgers rendition spoiled me in how a true Joker was gonna be like going foward. Im pretty sure Leto will nail the crazy stuff but not digging this version.

Tesseract

Banned
When this and Batman V Superman were announced i was excited but it seems like the more that is leaked and shown off the less i start to care about both films.

I might see the movie on Netflix but this lame ass Justin Bieber try hard joker completely kills my interest for this film which bums me out. Maybe it will be amazing but i won't know until it's on VOD.

so basically you don't know, like us

styl3s

so basically you don't know, like us
I know that i think the design looks like absolute shit which is enough to keep me away from the theaters.

I judged Man of Steel by it's stills and waited for VOD and it turned out painfully mediocre. Judged the same with MvS and the trailer was even worse but maybe third times a charm? It's just my lonely opinion that means nothing. If you like the design that's cool but it makes me roll my eyes.

Ahasverus

I'm interested in this movie for the characterization, the real Joker design is coming in the JL or the batman solo film, when he goes through the hands of the BvS costume designer.

Kinyou

I think it's a plus that they go for something very different from the Ledger one. Though I'm not sure I'm going to like the direction they're going for.

lol I thought his hair was way shorter than that..

Is Jared confirmed as the Joker for more movies besides this one?

I'd assume so, since DC is creating a CU, and Suicide Squad falls within it.

I just can't see this Joker or these people existing alongside the current Man of Steel and Affleckman.

For that reason alone, it might be stand-alone.

Can you goddamn imagine if these were the new DCCU staple character designs?

Ahasverus

I'd assume so, since DC is creating a CU, and Suicide Squad falls within it.

I just can't see this Joker or these people existing alongside the current Man of Steel and Affleckman.

For that reason alone, it might be stand-alone.

Can you goddamn imagine if these were the new DCCU staple character designs?
I dunno, that would mean they're killing him off, and lol no, I think Leto saw in this the opportunity to become a true superstar and he's gonna take it.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
is the hair that bright because that's the design or is it for some post processing reason? It doesn't seem to match the rest of the scene.

I dunno, that would mean they're killing him off, and lol no, I think Leto saw in this the opportunity to become a true superstar and he's gonna take it.
Isn't Leto already a superstar? And they can't kill Joker. Ever.

We know that Margot is gonna be in other movies so I hope Leto is also on board.

The Adder

Banned
My problem with the car is, that's not something the joker would care about. A fancy super expensive neoned out personalized plate sports car?

Joker doesn't care about that stuff. Same with the tats.

Non-sense. If Joker is anything it's ostentatious. Does he care about actually owning a fancy car? Maybe, probably not though. Would he acquire one, attach vanity plates, and drive around blasting the most obnoxious shit he could find? Absolutely.

He would also drive a sensible understated one the next day just to fuck with you.

Ledger's Joker was great, but he missed the mark. Joker isn't an agent of chaos. He's chaotic. He's not unpredictable solely because he's clever. It's because one day he wants to gas Gotham and the next he wants to patent fish. He reinvents himself on a whim.

Tattoed fast car Joker is no less accurate than White smocked bullet wound Joker who is no less accurate than classic purple suit Joker.

I can't take most of the "Joker wouldn't ______" comments in response to Leto's seriously. The one constant among all Jokers is that they're insane. There have been so many that were completely different throughout the years outside of that. I'm sure I've seen him display vanity and extravagance before somewhere, so him having a flashy (purple) car doesn't immediately strike me as not Joker-like. Same with the tattoos — the character's image would only be "try-hard" if the character can't back it up. So long as this Joker can be funny in a sick way and does awful stuff, it'll be as valid as any other. Not everyone has to like this depiction, but to write it off based only on what we've seen would be premature.

Top Bottom