• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Suicide Squad Review Thread: As Fresh As Green Lantern!

Status
Not open for further replies.

gdt

What the fuck is going on with DC movies haha.

They've dragged both Ben Affleck and David Ayer at this point.

Via Vanity Fair's review:
If you can believe it, Suicide Squad is even worse than Fantastic Four.

bwU4r.gif

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
I hate to say it but im getting bad vibes from Rogue One aswell, as someone who loves star wars with all his heart, this could be a bad year for cinema.

vaderise

Between Marvel's predictable, paint-by-numbers formula (complete with utterly forgettable villains) and DC's nonsensical approach to cohesive screenwriting and baffling editing decisions...I just want this whole comic book genre craze to die.

These films just aren't doing it for me anymore.

Paint-by-numbers formula? Do you even watch these movies? Just look at Winter Soldier and Civil War and compare it to the Guardians of the Galaxy. Each movie has it's own style.
And no one is forcing you to watch these you know.

Newlove

Can't believe this has happened twice in a row for DC. Our only hope is Wonder Woman because I don't think Justice League is going to turn things around.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Movie might be shit but are really gonna start pretending that the trailers were shit? They were extremely well edited trailers, maybe they should've gotten their editors to edit the actual movie.

Nudull

Banned
We live in a world where a LEGO movie will be better than a series of cinematic universe films .

Think about that for a moment.

I'm honestly shocked. I never thought this was a homerun but after hating the first more serious trailer, the musical ones really had me thinking this would at least be fun, even if it was a mess. I didn't expect to hear things like boring and dull.

Yeah

It's a bad movie. I posted in one of the clips threads that if you think that (the clip) was bad just wait.

It's just a mess...

That clip was one of the worst things i've ever seen in a major motion picture, it can't be this bad from start to finish?

Between Marvel's predictable, paint-by-numbers formula (complete with utterly forgettable villains) and DC's nonsensical approach to cohesive screenwriting and baffling editing decisions...I just want this whole comic book genre craze to die.

These films just aren't doing it for me anymore.

When they work, like in Civil War I really appreciate this genre and how it blends in multiple franchises. I don't think it ever needs to fade completely but most of the movies should move pass the caliber of films usually being put out in this genre.

I think marvel is moving in the right direction.

Oddduck

Movie might be shit but are really gonna start pretending that the trailers were shit? They were extremely well edited trailers, maybe they should've gotten their editors to edit the actual movie.

The marketing department has been brilliant.

Thats why this movie will still make tons of money regardless of bad reviews.

jett

D-Member
I can't wait to see the reviews for Wonder Woman, where judging by the trailer, the film has the personality and intrigue of a wooden board.

Agreed 100%. I expect the same DC brand of cinematic awfulness. People here have already convinced themselves that it will be the savior of the DCEU, but it looks just as miserable and dull as everything else they have released.

We need the DC equivalent of the saviors blackboard.

BY2K

Membero Americo
https://twitter.com/slashfilm/status/760508893864660992

Peter Sciretta ‏@slashfilm 26m26 minutes ago

Suicide Squad is... okay. Robbie and Smith are good but the rest of the movie kind of meh. loud music, no plot, horrible villains. ...

Peter Sciretta Verified account
‏@slashfilm

... The film isn't nearly as fun and colorful as the marketing, and don't go if you're expecting The Joker to be in more than 10 min.

Is there actually people that thought the Ultimate Cut of BvS was good or is the title just a meme

You would hope it's the latter because Ultimate Cut was my first experience with the film and jesus christ was it awful.

I'm actually seeing this on Friday, with a group of friends rather than a big desire to go myself.

Indelible

I'am genuinely surprised by these negative reviews, I thought Ayer would have delivered a great movie. I will still watch it but my expectations are as low as possible.

So if this one also bombs, where does WB/DC go next? They've already announced several movies to release after this. MoS got mixed reactions, BvS was critically panned and underperformed at the box office, and now this one is getting slammed.

Maybe they should just call it a wash and throw everything out. Start again from scratch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom