• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Suicide Squad Review Thread: As Fresh As Green Lantern!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaggedSac

All we need is for Rouge one and Doc Strange to suck. Duds for everyone this year

Doc Strange looks good as fuck. First Marvel movie I have an impetus to watch in theaters since Winter Soldier(and I didn't even get around to watching that in the theater, lol).

Replicant

nkPVmGm.gif

Holy sh*t. His laughing face fits into almost any GIFs.

Eh, Wan has way, way more of a track record than Trank. Not saying it will be good, but just because Trank failed doesn't mean a better director can't succeed.

That comment was more towards likely studio interference than it was a shot at Wan. I know he can do horror, but I have a feeling WB will reign him in if he takes it too far like Fox did with Trank. The whole "Cronenberg-style body horror" Fantastic Four aspect interested me way more than the final product ever did.

Papito

Honestly reviewers seem to rate some marvel films highly even when I feel they are really weak. Like iron man 2 and 3. It could be that super hero films are getting so old now that they either have to be really amazing or its just straight garbage to people.

That comment was more towards likely studio interference than it was a shot at Wan. I know he can do horror, but I have a feeling WB will reign him in if he takes it too far like Fox did with Trank. The whole "Cronenberg-style body horror" Fantastic Four aspect interested me way more than the movie ever did.

It's possible WB restricts him, but I'm not so convinced they are nearly as bad as Fox from that perspective. Hell, if things continue as they are from a quality-perspective they might just let him do what he wants given his success rate.

spekkeh

Banned
why do people only focus on rottentomatoes??? that site isn't even that well known, just another way for marvel fans to shit on the next DC movie as usual

it's getting way too blatant, neogaf.. or should i say... marvelgaf?

meanwhile NOBODY is talking about the 9,1 score the movie currently has on imDB... gee i wonder why!

Co4RRn4XgAAM-sN.jpg:large

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1386697/

but yeah, just go on hating the movie without even having seen it. i'm going to watch it monday with friends and actually enjoy myself. have fun talking about meaningless scores all week gaf!
Haha good one.

This was sarcasm right? Everyone knows IMDb as of late is astroturfed to hell and back by the production companies, right?

Kibbles

Coming from the guy with a joker avatar, yea we'll take it with huge piles of Chris evens gifs and salt.

I saw the movie and formed my opinion before critics unlike a lot of you judging off a fucking RT score so I don't know where you're going with this

Korigama

Who the hell thought Cara Delevingne would make a good villain? C'mon now.
I had no idea that she was even supposed to be the villain rather than just yet another member of the team, going by how the marketing has been handled up until now. I wouldn't have known who the main antagonist could've been other than Joker.

Papacheeks

Banned
I saw the movie and formed my opinion before critics unlike a lot of you judging off a fucking RT score so I don't know where you're going with this

You love the joker period your avatar and your responses prove that. Not saying you can't like it, but the consensus so far is he's not that great in the film because he doesn't impact it in any meaningful way outside of harley's origins.

I don't get why WB wanted these big group films when they could ride building solo films and slowly do cross overs like Marvel. They might be behind Avengers and what not but so what?

You could have 15 films making bank with different characters and great stories but they decided to blow their load.

WB seems that desperate to already try to catch up to Marvel Studios. Honestly, I too would have waited out doing crossovers. I think WB could have just put more focus on the Wonder Woman film first, before moving on to BvS.

Who the hell thought Cara Delevingne would make a good villain? C'mon now.

that's really baffling yeah.

I had no idea that she was even supposed to be the villain rather than just yet another member of the team, going by how the marketing has been handled up until now. I wouldn't have known who the main antagonist could've been other than Joker.

same, i've been saying for a while now that they did an absolute terrible job of introducing the team or explaining what's even going on.

ElRenoRaven

I don't get why WB wanted these big group films when they could ride building solo films and slowly do cross overs like Marvel. They might be behind Avengers and what not but so what?

You could have 15 films making bank with different characters and great stories but they decided to blow their load.

Now all they've got is embarrassing wasted potential that ended up as shoehorned email attachments.

Not seeing Harley working her normal job, meet the inmates, slowly fall for Joker which I presume is some shit flashback of wasted potential. Imagine Batman visiting Arkham, dropping off prisoners to Gordon or something and Harley mostly normal going about her business but something is off. There is no decent build up or threads in this cinematic universe.

Exactly. DC are being stupid about this. OH we have to have everything Marvel has now. Well if wanted that you should have started with solo movies, etc almost 10 years ago. Say what you want about Marvel but they introduced you to all the pieces before bringing them together. Each and every one of those movies laid groundwork for the avengers movies. It's paying off now too. Meanwhile DC is trying to unorganically jump right to the shared universe group movies shit and it's failing miserably.

Slaythe

You love the joker period your avatar and your responses prove that. Not saying you can't like it, but the consensus so far is he's not that great in the film because he doesn't impact it in any meaningful way outside of harley's origins.

He's in there 10 fucking minutes.

Most reviews don't call him bad.

It's hard to judge the guy based off 10 minutes.

Especially after all the teasing and marketing about him, it's very underwhelming.

But this has almost nothing to do with Leto's performance.

Dude is fine, remove his tattoo on his face and get him proper teeth and he'll be a slick Joker.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.

Thank you DC Movies for being the catalyst of incredible Chris Evans gifs.

Joker is literally only in 8-10min of the movie, FFS. This has nothing to do with Joker, in fact he was one of the best parts about the movie and easily is top-tier in on-screen Jokers and leads a very promising future. Make him and Harley the main villians of a movie and have as much screentime as the other Jokers have had and he easily trumps them all imo.

Hoo boy. Top tier if you just include all the Jokers in one tier and Leto features around the bottom. Nicholson, Ledger, Hamill... no where near.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom