• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'Suicide Squad' to Star Will Smith, Jared Leto, Margot Robbie, Jai Courtney

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tabby

Go watch Assault on Arkham. Smith will probably be like that, honorable assassin who wants to protect his family.
Arrow has DS like that too right?
He's not a bad guy other than killing people he just wants to protect and help his daughter.

strafer

All I want is this

tumblr_n8tv2o78Jo1snxfj7o2_500.gif

Wiktor

WHat I hope for is that if this is franchise at least one villain from each entry will then join the team in the next one. So..for example..Deathstroke going against Suicide Squad in the first movie and then being forced to become a part of it in sequel etc.

Dominator

Just found an issue of Suicide Squad #1 in my room. A few years ago I bought about 50 comics from a yard sale for $5, and never really looked through it until now. Pretty cool.

DeathyBoy

Banned
I use to think Rockwell was a ton of fun.

But rewatching it recently, they give him no redeeming qualities whatsoever. The dude has problems unplugging a television and we're supposed to believe this is the dude the government trusts to ape Tony's tech?

Like at least some that he has some level of competency or sleaziness to him!

And Whiplash... gets jobbed out hardcore in both of his key scenes.

That's the point for Hammer. He's an idiot. And given what we later learn about the Senator
HAIL HYDRA
it's clear this was part of a bigger plot.

I'll go one step further

Suicide Squad is my most anticipated comic book movie.

It's tied with Ant-Man for me, honestly. Both of these are my most anticipated comic book flicks. Heist movie and dirty dozen-esque caper filtered through superheroics and supervillainy. Goddamn, guys. What a time to live in.

Effect

If even half this stuff is true this film is going to be great. I'm still waiting for the, hopefully, picture of Snyder, Ayers, MacLaren, Terrio, etc in a room. Showing off how they're all working together to get this right and synced up even though each film might have it's own style and look. I want that photo op really bad.

The unknowns for this SS film are crazy. Just what they could do it and more importantly what it could lead to is exciting.

Third batch of rumors... this one dealing with the Joker

Shall just link to

https://instagram.com/p/0K4LknjpgV/

Yes to bleached skin, no to broad shoulders/muscles. I like my joker thin and wiry. I've never seen joker as a physical threat to batman.

I'll go one step further

Suicide Squad is my most anticipated comic book movie.

Same, but that's only because we know more about this film than we do BvS, when this film hasn't even started shooting yet :|.

I just like villains.

Honestly, if they announced a Secret Six film, would jump to the top of my list!

I'd be down for a forever evil like movie. I still have to read Secret Six sometime, they need to get the DC Unlimited thing rolling.

Penguin

Yes to bleached skin, no to broad shoulders/muscles. I like my joker thin and wiry. I've never seen joker as a physical threat to batman.

Same, but that's only because we know more about this film than we do BvS, when this film hasn't even started shooting yet :|.

I just like villains.

Honestly, if they announced a Secret Six film, would jump to the top of my list!

I got to say, Suicide Squad is going to make Man of Steel seem like a really weird movie. Arkham, a veteran Batman and Joker, all these villains and such active,...and yet Superman appearing was a big deal?

I wonder if Suicide Squad is gonna be a one-off film or a jumping point for a franchise.

I'm so pumped for Leto's Joker. Honestly, the only point of concern for me is Will Smith's Deadshot, what with his penchant to always wanna be a goodie two-shoes lead.

Penguin

I got to say, Suicide Squad is going to make Man of Steel seem like a really weird movie. Arkham, a veteran Batman and Joker, all these villains and such active,...and yet Superman appearing was a big deal?

It's like the stat that more people die in car crashes than plane accidents, but we're always more drawn to plane accidents because such larger scale incidents.

Imagine this is the same, most of the villains in this film are fairly grounded. A bit cartoonish, but relatively grounded.

Superman was an event... and more than anything it was Zod announcing himself to the world that dew people's attention. Not any deed Clark did before hand

I wonder if Suicide Squad is gonna be a one-off film or a jumping point for a franchise.

I'm so pumped for Leto's Joker. Honestly, the only point of concern for me is Will Smith's Deadshot, what with his penchant to always wanna be a goodie two-shoes lead.

I think it could be a franchise if they rotate the characters. If they use villains that were already in a movie it would be an easy sell. Black Manta, Cheetah, Bane all sorts of villains from other heroes movies could be in Suicide Squad 2.

It's like the stat that more people die in car crashes than plane accidents, but we're always more drawn to plane accidents because such larger scale incidents.

Imagine this is the same, most of the villains in this film are fairly grounded. A bit cartoonish, but relatively grounded.

Superman was an event... and more than anything it was Zod announcing himself to the world that dew people's attention. Not any deed Clark did before hand

I sorta agree. Superman's appearance was such a striking thing that it shifted the landscape of the world.

However, Batman and his rogues didn't. He's just a man in a cowl fighting insane people in an insane city. He probably doesn't blip on the radar anymore as something weird.

That said, I'm curious how they're gonna incorporate the rest of the JLA considering Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Flash, these are characters that would make an equally enormous splash when they appear, continuing to shift the landscape.

Personally, I really enjoy the idea of what the world was like with veteran Batman and these more small-scale psychological struggles. But I'm interested to see how they can pull it off. BVS ought to be interesting, and I'm pumped for SS as it'll probably (hopefully) be more nasty and grounded.

GL could be off planet doing stuff for the guardians, Flash could have just received his powers, given Ezra's young age. WW could be on Paradise Island, Arthur in Atlantis. I'd accept those explanations for where they have been.

Stuff like Enchantress will be harder to explain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom