• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'Suicide Squad' to Star Will Smith, Jared Leto, Margot Robbie, Jai Courtney

Status
Not open for further replies.

3N16MA

Banned
I got to say, Suicide Squad is going to make Man of Steel seem like a really weird movie. Arkham, a veteran Batman and Joker, all these villains and such active,...and yet Superman appearing was a big deal?

It is still street level crime just ramped up with a guy in a bat costume and psychotic criminals.

Superman is an alien with a ridiculous power set. Not only that but a few more aliens decided to drop by and tried to destroy the place.

Couple fan edits from https://twitter.com/Bosslogic/

B_8-YfTVEAAIeBE.png:large

CABy3H7UQAAjKOb.png:large

Cool fan edits. Don't think we'll get the eye patch right away, but never know. Also don't think they'll go for the greying look.

This dude's photoshops are always fantastic though.

Do we know where Suicide Squad is in, chronologically, compared to MoS and BvS? Because I don't see how
Batman
could still be this mysterious unseen figure if it happens after BvS.

Penguin

Do we know where Suicide Squad is in, chronologically, compared to MoS and BvS? Because I don't see how
Batman

Maybe similar time windows?

Like how Iron Man 2/Thor/The Incredible Hulk all pretty much take place in a similar time frame

Effect

Batman

They could easily be talking about said person in the past tense even if the film takes place after BvS. Or it could even span a certain length of time or have flashbacks. There a number of ways this could be dealt with.

Blader

I'm definitely looking forward to this more and more, but I'd be lying if I said Ayer's last movie Fury still doesn't hurt my hype for this one.

ryan299

How legit has this guy's spoilers been for other movies?

He's hit and miss. He goes on a role of correct scoops but then he has one huge blunder that makes people think. He leaked BvS spoilers from a fan made script.

I find this rumors to be a fake. If this movie takes place after BvS, then this doesn't make sense. Also find it weird that this batman as been around a long time and has only faced the Joker and nobody has seen him.

I can understand people not getting a good look at him but they must know he exists. he's got the signal and a batmobile

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
I sorta agree. Superman's appearance was such a striking thing that it shifted the landscape of the world.

However, Batman and his rogues didn't. He's just a man in a cowl fighting insane people in an insane city. He probably doesn't blip on the radar anymore as something weird.

That said, I'm curious how they're gonna incorporate the rest of the JLA considering Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Flash, these are characters that would make an equally enormous splash when they appear, continuing to shift the landscape.

Personally, I really enjoy the idea of what the world was like with veteran Batman and these more small-scale psychological struggles. But I'm interested to see how they can pull it off. BVS ought to be interesting, and I'm pumped for SS as it'll probably (hopefully) be more nasty and grounded.

Wonder Woman and Aquaman are both from very isolationist nations that hide themselves from the world. They are only drawn out by the terraforming machine in BvS.

Earth is a backwater to the Green Lantern Corps who don't pay it much attention.

Cyborg is created during BvS

Flash is low key enough that he could hide his presence and just be a weird unexplained phenomena (not caught on camera working).

Odoul

This would be a cool nod/build of history in their DCCU

https://instagram.com/p/0Sh4FLjpsF/

That would be pretty cool.

And it sort of vibes with rumors about BvS.

Maybe it isn't that Bats have NEVER been seen//taped. It's just so sparse/rarely seen it might as well have been never,

Also completely unrelated to any movies.

Luthor and Wayne have to know each others secrets right? Gonna be fun to see Luthor interact with Bats at all. It was ultimately kind of boring when they met in the DCAU.

Warner is getting Goddamn ridiculous with the blue balls.

Penguin

Wonder Woman and Aquaman are both from very isolationist nations that hide themselves from the world. They are only drawn out by the terraforming machine in BvS.

Earth is a backwater to the Green Lantern Corps who don't pay it much attention.

Cyborg is created during BvS

Flash is low key enough that he could hide his presence and just be a weird unexplained phenomena (not caught on camera working).

I know piece-mealing
But makes it sound like the animated series (Wonder Woman and Aquaman's worlds existeted but took something big for em to interact with the "human" world"

And JL New Frontier where The Flash operated, but really kind of became a big deal with the aliens

BadAss2961

That would be pretty cool.

And it sort of vibes with rumors about BvS.

Maybe it isn't that Bats have NEVER been seen//taped. It's just so sparse/rarely seen it might as well have been never,

Also completely unrelated to any movies.

Luthor and Wayne have to know each others secrets right? Gonna be fun to see Luthor interact with Bats at all. It was ultimately kind of boring when they met in the DCAU.

Warner is getting Goddamn ridiculous with the blue balls.
Wasn't Mayimbe's last rumor that Joker has killed Robin? How would Batman still be at the point of rarely being seen when he's already had a Robin helping him?

On another note, I don't know if this thread was ready for the move to community. We don't have enough people here.

Loxley

The reaction to Leto playing the role is the complete opposite of Ledger.

Is there anyone who thinks he won't pull it off?

Post-Ledger people have learned not to question seemingly unconventional castings for the character. Plus, Dallas Buyer's Club was a reminder of just how great Leto can be with the right material. I think that's why you're not really seeing a huge vocal resistance at the idea of him playing the Joker.

I think post-Ledger people have learned not to question seemingly unconventional castings for the character. Plus, Dallas Buyer's Club was a reminder of just how great Leto can be with the right material. I think that's why you're not really seeing a huge vocal resistance at the idea of him playing the Joker.

Dallas Buyers Club sold me. Guy steps into his roles.

Imperial

so is this Umberto Gonzalez person have a good record with DC rumors or just like more mess than hit like Lation Reviews?

A bit of both. Not long ago, Umberto was the first to break the news that Joel Kinnaman was playing Rick Flag, but he can be totally off sometimes as well

BadAss2961

so is this Umberto Gonzalez person have a good record with DC rumors or just like more mess than hit like Lation Reviews?
I think he's full of shit on this. Leaking out little tidbits of info, one at a time, almost weekly. How does that work?

Usually when there's a leak of information, the scooper will get it all out there before anyone else gets the chance to. Not sit on it, or hype it hours/days in advance like Mayimbe does sometimes.

Imperial

Details about Will Smith's Deadshot costume:

RT! #SUICIDESQUAD #SCOOP per your request about #DEADSHOT! He has the traditional face mask with the target eye although changed to show his lower face. Dark red coloring with black. A molded bullet proof vest & he has guns on his wrists although he has a sniper rifle in most of his pieces. I think this hot #fanmade #art by razzann on devianart is pretty close to what we are going to get! #fanart #DC #dccu #dccomics

1168857_1574769016136786_952603720_n.jpg

https://instagram.com/p/0pskYODpux/?taken-by=umbertogonzalez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom