• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'Suicide Squad' to Star Will Smith, Jared Leto, Margot Robbie, Jai Courtney

Status
Not open for further replies.

a916

Jared is flying to Toronto, so filming anyday now right? Can't wait for set pics

tumblr_nmcjdbD3vm1rvgsyao1_500.jpg

Interesting because there is a near one month gap in his tour dates.

April 4th was his last show and May 2nd is his next show. (which ends May 6th)

Imperial

Rumor on the placement of the film in the DCCU

SUICIDE SQUAD is set & takes place between events of MAN OF STEEL & BATMAN v SUPERMAN: Dawn of Justice.

Interesting if true
https://instagram.com/p/070hCsjpiW/

huh. wonder how that'll work.

The-Dark-Knight-Returns-Fan-Cast-Joker.jpg

It'll end with The Joker being locked up in Arkham Asylum and seeing the events of Batman v Superman on television, causing him to break out with Harley Quinn and then leading into the next Batman solo film

Was on a car trip recently and the discussion turned towards super hero movies. When I let out that Jared Leto is the new Joker, the girls in the car threw a fucking fit. You could smell their moistness.
4TfeeGW.png

I think this movie is going to do preeeetty okay.

DaveH

Interesting because there is a near one month gap in his tour dates. April 4th was his last show and May 2nd is his next show. (which ends May 6th)
I know even a few seconds on film can take days to shoot, so I don't mean to be trite, but given the scope and style of this film we can talk about the oft-cited screen times of:
  • Darth Vader - 12 minutes
  • Boba Fett - 18 minutes across two films
  • Hannibal Lecter - 16 minutes
  • Fantine - 15 minutes
  • Beetlejuice - 17 minutes
  • etc
I wouldn't expect Joker to get a lot of screen time but he could still leave a huge impression and wouldn't necessarily take that long to shoot.

a916

I know even a few seconds on film can take days to shoot, so I don't mean to be trite, but given the scope and style of this film we can talk about the oft-cited screen times of:
  • Darth Vader - 12 minutes
  • Boba Fett - 18 minutes across two films
  • Hannibal Lecter - 16 minutes
  • Fantine - 15 minutes
  • Beetlejuice - 17 minutes
  • etc
I wouldn't expect Joker to get a lot of screen time but he could still leave a huge impression and wouldn't necessarily take that long to shoot.

Good point... he just instagrammed a photo of himself clean-shaven saying "Transformation begins."

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
There's a few people missing. Jared Leto, Scott Eastwood, and Raymond Olubowale

If Leto already has his hair dyed green then it makes sense for him to not be in the pic. Also slowly, Latino-review guy is getting vindicated. He was the first to break the news of Jay Hernandez casting and who he was playing.

I'm guessing most of the stuff he has said about the movie is going to turn out to be true.

BadAss2961

Yeah...gonna need more solid confirmation on that.
A bit of a coincidence that only after Ayer drops a pic with some new un-rumored faces that Mayimbe instantly knows who they're going to play, even though he never mentioned them before the photo. I can't explain the Hugo Strange thing (is it the beard? lol), but Parrack as Deathstroke just comes off as an educated guess based on him being another tall guy from True Blood if Manganiello is out of the equation.

Barinholtz as Strange is very odd, but i'd take it. I know Parrack since i've seen all of True Blood. He's not bad, but I don't like him as Deathstroke. So i'm holding out hope that Mayimbe falls on his face again. He's the only source reporting this so far.

a916

https://instagram.com/p/1PGeMljpj0/

he just posted that.
Jim Parrack is Deathstroke, Ike Barinholtz is Hugo Strange

I hope that's wrong because jesus... Deathstroke is one of my favorites and what an awful casting that would be.

He's a whopping 4 years younger, but Joe LOOKS 10 years younger because Jim is so flabby. Not to mention the other twi big reasons that Deathstroke is supposed to look grizzled and old (not soft and chubby) and Batman (Affleck) is 44 years old.

Disappointing to say the least to give such a cool character to waste...

Add to that, Variety and TheWrap aren't saying anything about a Deathstroke, Also Jim Parrack's own fiancé thinks he's playing a superhero.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Should this perhaps get a new thread in Off Topic considering it's brand new news with additional cast members and an official conformation on some casting rumors? Or not?

Nah, it's just rumours. We can wait till it's official and then do a thread. We shouldn't wait long anyway considering film starts shooting next week.

Busty

Banned
Fucking Mayimbe.

Deathstroke might not even be in this movie.

For what it's worth the early word (before Tom Hardy dropped off) was that the studio wanted Ryan Gosling for Deathstroke, not the Joker as had been reported.

The studio has (or had?) big plans for Deathstroke (potential spin offs etc) going as far as to make the New 52 incarnation of the character much younger presumably to make him a more 'packable' property for the DC films.

If that holds true, and it would explain why the character supposedly has such a great introduction in SS, then it feels weird that the studio would bump from Gosling all the way down to Parrack who is an actor I am not familiar with at all.

If I had to guess then Deathstroke is in the film in some capacity but Parrack isn't playing him. The filming/working title of SS is 'Bravo 13' so it stands to reason that there are 13 characters in Task Force X thus a lot more 'Squad members' in smaller roles to be cast.

Not including David Ayer there are 12 people in that photo he tweeted and that includes the likes of Amanda Waller and Hugo Strange.

That's my two cents anyway.

For what it's worth the early word (before Tom Hardy dropped off) was that the studio wanted Ryan Gosling for Deathstroke, not the Joker as had been reported.

The studio has (or had?) big plans for Deathstroke (potential spin offs etc) going as far as to make the New 52 incarnation of the character much younger presumably to make him a more 'packable' property for the DC films.

If that holds true, and it would explain why the character supposedly has such a great introduction in SS, then it feels weird that the studio would bump from Gosling all the way down to Parrack who is an actor I am not familiar with at all.

If I had to guess then Deathstroke is in the film in some capacity but Parrack isn't playing him. The filming/working title of SS is 'Bravo 13' so it stands to reason that there are 13 characters in Task Force X thus a lot more 'Squad members' in smaller roles to be cast.

Not including David Ayer there are 12 people in that photo he tweeted and that includes the likes of Amanda Waller and Hugo Strange.

That's my two cents anyway.

I do hope you're right about all that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom