• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT| Goddesses, canines, and killer MMOs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

fertygo

lol I always felt the hobo looks and sounds very much like that bleach filler captain amagai (don't think they are the same VA though). Weird stuf.

No, that's Kiritsugu post HGW! He coaching kids playing football now.

seiyuu jokes, but bwahahaha they looks nearly similar

Ultimadrago

Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru 1
aAFDN.png

I wonder if the ugly CG for the maid cafe zoom-out was to accentuate the fact that it's not an ideal venue (at least, in the eyes of Toshiko). Okay, probably not.

Anyways, this show is pretty charming thus far. There's a klutz, some girl with glass and a Rule 63 of Mr. Morooka from Persona 4. The teacher's lecturing and broken fantasy were amusing. I hope it only gets funnier as I go through the episodes.

zulux21

So I think this might be the best place to ask this with out making a new thread.... Does anyone here know what FTA means in regards to this article (This year's eleventh issue of Kadokawa Shoten's Newtype Ace magazine revealed on Tuesday that a new "FTA" project related to the Full Metal Panic! Another novel series is in development.) I am trying to figure out if it means something like Full Theatrical Anime and I can be excited about new FMP anime even if it's a spin off.

And so I am not completely off topic, so glade to see Moyashimon Returns, hopefully it turns out well as I really liked the original.

Ultimadrago

Space Brothers 15

XUdc2.png

Mayne, get your cartoon lookin' ass...oh wait.

Seriously, there are some men with goofy profiles related with the space program.

Anyhow, easy to get a grip on the characters as usual as they interact with each other. Again, this episode wasn't focused as much on Mutta, but rather more of the general group. I look forward to seeing how this latest hurdle for them regarding trust will end.

Jarmel

Banned
A little better than the last, but still not digging it.

i2s0R.png

I'm not worried about the art.

Series Script Editor: Jukki Hanada

This is what fucking terrifies me to death. Man is responsible for one of the shows I've hated the most in my life:Yozakura Quartet

Defuser

Jarmel

Banned
So I think this might be the best place to ask this with out making a new thread.... Does anyone here know what FTA means in regards to this article (This year's eleventh issue of Kadokawa Shoten's Newtype Ace magazine revealed on Tuesday that a new "FTA" project related to the Full Metal Panic! Another novel series is in development.) I am trying to figure out if it means something like Full Theatrical Anime and I can be excited about new FMP anime even if it's a spin off.

I saw this and not sure what to make of it. It depends what type of project it is. If it's animation then it almost certaintly is a continuation of FMP as Gatoh himself was working on some project that he said people were looking forward to and Another isn't really done by him. They could bring him on to do the show anyway but it doesn't really make sense to jump to Another anyway. Gatoh also still has links with Kyoto as shown by his work on Hyouka.

Fuck it, I believe.

BluWacky

I don't think anyone knows. There's some speculation in the comments that it's an abbreviation of Full Metal Panic Another, but nothing concrete.

zulux21

Fuck it, I believe.

I want to believe as well, but a new sailor moon anime, a new dragon ball movie and a new fmp anime all being announced in the course of a week.... @_@

on a on topic note I am watching the first ep of Joshiraku, I think I may have made a mistake taking this as my top anime pick for the season lol (me and my friends pick out shows before they air and based off anidb/mal rankings decide who picked the best shows lol)
I don't think anyone knows. There's some speculation in the comments that it's an abbreviation of Full Metal Panic Another, but nothing concrete.

ah thanks for the clarification. I figured it was just a term I didn't know. I feel better knowing I am not the only one in the dark about it. I am really hoping that it's a new anime series though, as I was just saying how my FMP collection isn't large enough to my wife lol

Branduil

Jarmel

Banned
Lol no. I would almost bet money on that not being the accurate terms. What idiot would use the T in that manner? I also would be surprised in general if this was for FMPA and not OG FMP.

zulux21

should've picked SAO, it was confirmed to be good even before the show aired by thousands of MAL users.

if you are talking about Sword Art Online, it was off limits. We don't allow ourselves to pick sequels, and we ruled that the same setting to a previously released anime is close enough to a sequel to put it off limits.

Also we picked shows back at the start of june, which I think was before the ratings got in.

I will never understand the appeal of having girls with eye-patches.

I think it has something to do with adding an element of mystery as you don't know what is going on under there.
Personally they do nothing for me either.

Branduil

This is what fucking terrifies me to death. Man is responsible for one of the shows I've hated the most in my life:Yozakura Quartet

I'd be more worried about the quality of the script itself than the editor.

Dresden

Also we picked shows back at the start of june, which I think was before the ratings got in.

SAO probably had good ratings even then.

Don't underestimate true believers.

---

Speaking of SAO... [chronological/timeline spoilers]
I think they're just going to go straight into vol2 (which is a book of sidestories) next episode. Episode one ended at the start of chapter four, but the rest of that chapter is just infodumping anyways. I'd thought that 'Beater' (title of episode two) referred to a certain incident that happens a little after chapter five, but it makes more sense to start off with the earliest incident in the chronology, which lets them slot in all the side stories in volume 2 that take place before the two-year timeskip at the beginning of the first novel.

So

ep2&3 = Red Nosed Reindeer (it's a two part story, so it'd make sense )

ep4 = Black Knight

and episode five should be about the trip with Lizabeth, the blacksmith girl. The end of her story doesn't come until the end of the arc itself, so they'll likely cut that out and fit it in at the end of his season. It fits the four chapters per- adaptation pace set by the first episode while setting in place a proper timeline, instead of abusing flashbacks and timeskips like the novel does.

Another "nice" thing if they do this is that
it'll establish Kirito's harem because that's what the entirety of Volume 2 is about.

DiGiKerot

And yet this is the fine gentleman who did series composition for Xenoglossia. Guess even the best of them have one bad work in their back-catalogue.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Hyouka 12
Impressive episode. The Hyouka that I did watch often felt overly lofty, but this episode was much more practical and grounded. It helped that the problem being dealt with was more clear cut and relatable.

/XX/

Why waste money creating good animation on something no one will buy? Pachinko is much more lucrative.
Too true! They also don't have to worry about creating a new story to ruin everything from the ground up, just cool animation while being reminiscent of the original work and this can be impressive and not much intrusive.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Kokoro Connect 1

I don't know what I'm meant to take away from this. Nothing much happened except what the blurb told us would happen. Literally no hook apart from the token dominant lesbian character.

And so I am not completely off topic, so glade to see Moyashimon Returns, hopefully it turns out well as I really liked the original.

There is no off topic in here if it's related to anime. Plenty of people in here don't even watch current season stuff.

Ok, fine. I'm not really going any further than this.

Oh come on, can't you at least just read it and admit you're wrong? The way you wrote that made me assume that you didn't even read my explanation. Go back and read the spoilered part, now. Seriously, when you're completely wrong about something, both on a factual and storyline basis, and someone explains how you are wrong, why would you ignore it and refuse to even read the explanation? Or at least, if you did read it, you should admit your mistake. You may not like the actual storyline in the series, or something, but it's got nothing to do with what you said there.

A Black Falcon said:
To explain, because you refuse to watch a couple more episodes and have it explained for you,
the way it works is that the "pirates" are basically half special courtiers and half entertainers. As I said, things get serious in the final arc of the season, but that aside, the modern pirate (privateer) doesn't do real piracy. The first side, courtiers, is that they occasionally take on special missions too sensitive for the military. The Bentenmaru does several of these through the show, and it leads to some interesting missions.

Their primary job is the latter one, though. This "piracy" is essentially a show -- the pirates hold up luxury cruise liners and rob the people there. They do actually take their stuff, but it's mostly done as a show to entertain the crowd. Then, the insurance company reimburses the people on the cruise liner for their losses. The pirates are insured as well, probably often from the same companies. They're required to do missions regularly or they'll lose their letter of marque, and of course you can't get those back.

So, the privateers are not actually doing anything illegal, and are not participating in a war. They are robbing people, but only in a controlled, sanctioned manner. One question the series asks is, how much worth do pirates really have, when this is all they do? And yes, the show does ask the question, and it's an important one. How does it answer it? Well, that's what watching the show is for. :)

Bodacious Space Pirates is a truly outstanding series and one of the best in years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom