• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT| Goddesses, canines, and killer MMOs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I would, but I feel like someone needs to give Arakawa Under the Bridge some love.
Arakawa is cool, but it's more comedy and gag focused than romcom focused. The second season did more Nino stuff, but even then... I would say it's more like Nichijou.

You're the humble advertiser. lol
zid7s.jpg

The girl even looks the same!

Don't worry guys, I'm on it.
You know, at some point, you'll have to do the thing that even I haven't done - watch Vampire Bund. lol

I'll look into it.

I wouldn't mind reading the light novels or the manga after finishing the anime now.
The manga has really lost the plot lately though. Without spoiling, I will say that they couldn't resist the mythology.

wonzo

Banned
Bodacious Space Pirates 26 END

That was certainly an action packed finale. Even the electronic Warfare was fun as hell to watch. I was hoping they'd announce a second season but I guess a movie will have to do for now. I wonder whether or not they'd adapt the rest of the novels or do their own thing with a second season, hopefully it'd be the later!

Here's all the new home release stuff too:

- Blood-C and Blood-C: The Last Dark
- Michiko & Hatchin

and a couple other things I didn't feel were worth mentioning here; check the link for them.
blood-c omg omg omg omg

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Arakawa is cool, but it's more comedy and gag focused than romcom focused. The second season did more Nino stuff, but even then... I would say it's more like Nichijou.

Wha? The show definitely has its comedy, but I'd say it also had a good share of romance.

It's the one show that I'm afraid to watch... even though it is Shaft. And I suffered through the second season of Maria Holic. :(

Now you're just picking a fight. *rolls up sleeves*

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Wha? The show definitely has its comedy, but I'd say it also had a good share of romance.
I think it's more about the ensemble than the main romance. The seasons are divided in terms of the backgrounds of the main characters it goes into, but that's about it.

I mean, there's more about Star trolling the main dude than the actual romance between the main characters.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Bodacious Space Pirates 26 END

That was certainly an action packed finale. Even the electronic Warfare was fun as hell to watch. I was hoping they'd announce a second season but I guess a movie will have to do for now. I wonder whether or not they'd adapt the rest of the novels or do their own thing with a second season, hopefully it'd be the later!

Guys, if you like Space Pirates, you should really check out that Time Jam show. lol

Now you're just picking a fight. *rolls up sleeves*
S2 was pretty garbage man.

Do they? The two episodes of that I watched made me afraid to watch Shaft comedies shows for a while. Thankfully Soredemo saved me.
Arakawa is good if you like that broad troll comedy that Japan seems to love.

I almost want to go back and give the live action version a fair shot now, to see if the material holds up without the Shaft.

An entry in a massive franchise from the 50s was the followup to something from 2007?

Followup in the sense that Toei did four shows for noitamina on a yearly basis between 2006 and 2009, and Hakaba Kitarou is the third of those, coming after Mononoke. Also in the sense that many of the same people worked on both shows, that they have a similar style of direction, and that, as I understand it, Hakaba Kitarou put a darker spin on its material than the Gegege no Kitarou series.

Jarmel

Banned
Fate/Zero 24/25

I think I can confidently say that this is my personal favorite series of all time and it's worthy of joining the pantheons of all time greats.

Andrew J.

Ano Natsu 12 FINAL

The boob alien was an alien and had nice boobs, Kanna had a cute voice, and Mio was a moeblob and
a nudist
, fine points all. However, the choice is clear: The "Best Girl Award" goes to Remon, Queen of Trolls!

~Uhuhuhuhu.

Scryed 8 - 13

Some really good moments, actually I really love this anime and its not even done yet. Everything is like perfect in it Kimishima, Ryuho, and Kazukun. The attacks are great as well as when they scream the names, even Ryuho.

But episode 12 - 13...epic and emotional
is Kimishima really dead?! I cant accept

Accel World 12

Dat kick. This show seriously has solid action when it wants to. I think going forward, it will probably have more of it now that the exposition is probably mostly over. We're out of the "tutorial" phase, so bring on the awesome!

Ano Natsu 12 FINAL

The boob alien was an alien and had nice boobs, Kanna had a cute voice, and Mio was a moeblob and
a nudist
, fine points all. However, the choice is clear: The "Best Girl Award" goes to Remon, Queen of Trolls!

~Uhuhuhuhu.

she salvaged the show plot by herself almost every episode ..she even managed to be better than her alter ego in the previous "onegai" series..

Narag

Oreimo 11

"Leave Glasses On" or "Take Glasses Off" Truly a troubling decision. Both halves were damn funny. Kuroneko with the cat ears was a nice touch too. Kyousuke just collectin' imoutos this ep left and right.

Kids on the Slope 12:
A nice, emotional ending. It was a weird final episode from a pacing and dramatic perspective, but I kind of enjoyed the different feel of the episode. I think a 26 episode series might have allowed them to explore everything in further depth, but I did find myself quite attached to these characters and the situations they wound up in.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
but where?!
Only for Americans. :(

---
Space Pirates FIN

dNu56l.jpg

Dat male gaze. Flashy indeed. :p

Anyway, I actually liked that ending, even if nothing made any sense. Still no explanation of the political powers in the universe, but it ended in a way that made me want to learn more about the world. I guess that's a win in my book!

Also, maybe I'm a bit dense, but is it confirmed that
Ironbeard is Marika's father
? Because that's the one thing that I felt the show really dropped the ball on... but if that's the case, then maybe I'm willing to forgive it. Especially if the movie is an original story that goes into that history, or if there's a season 2. They still need to go into into Marika and her mother's relationship as well.

Man, if this show didn't have those god awful first 5 or so episodes, I'd probably remember it much more fondly... even with the silly lesbian side story that came out of nowhere.

Oh, and speaking of which - Christie x Marika > Chiaki x Marika? Wahahahahaha!

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Natsu no Arashi. It's basically the same show, but, in my opinion, even better.

(Also, for some reason I find myself as the hype machine for this show... hopefully someone else can take over once people start watching it. lol)

I can't help that you keep beating me to the punch whenever someone asks for a recommendation where the show would be a relevant response!

It's the one show that I'm afraid to watch... even though it is Shaft. And I suffered through the second season of Maria Holic. :(

I didn't make it all of the way through Vampire Bund, but what I did watch was still better than Maria+Holic S2.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I can't help that you keep beating me to the punch whenever someone asks for a recommendation where the show would be a relevant response!
Dusk Maiden is really just secret advertising for Natsu no Arashi!
I didn't make it all of the way through Vampire Bund, but what I did watch was still better than Maria+Holic S2.
I wonder what SDBurton thinks of this suggestion. lol

Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn 1
Since I've been getting Gravijah to watch shows like Upotte and MGX, I decided to watch something he would watch. So here I am. It's been a long time since I've watched any Gundam show, but it's so far not far from the norm. It's mostly just a fucking long ass set up to what's to come. The last half of the episode was great, but the way the episode just ends with the action just starting to pick up sucked. Oh well.
gBC0G.jpg

Oh it's GUNDAM TIME! ...in the next episode...

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast

I wonder what SDBurton thinks of this suggestion. lol

Makes me think on what has happened that led you two astray from the true path. I'm not sure if I have the power to save you two.

I'll make it quick.

*click*
*click*
*click*

Kuroko no Basket 13
rVPUU.png

That was really good. Besides the time freeze for talking, I enjoyed the different plays that they went through, things went fast and I'm glad for the outcome.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Makes me think on what has happened that led you two astray from the true path. I'm not sure if I have the power to save you two.

I'll make it quick.

*click*
*click*
*click*

Really, even the first season of Maria+Holic had terrible yuri, if that's what you're getting at. It was only good on the strength of its comedy, hah.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Really, even the first season of Maria+Holic had terrible yuri, if that's what you're getting at. It was only good on the strength of its comedy, hah.
But it was only kind of funny. I would have liked Maria+Holic much more if there was some sense of progression to its story. It is really just difficult for me to watch something so slow paced when it never feels like it is moving anywhere. By the time Alive came around it really just became a slog.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom