• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT| Goddesses, canines, and killer MMOs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Nope; in fact, outside of Heartcatch's and Suite's movies no movie is considered canon.
So -
will Cure Echo show up in any future properties? And do people actually know about Precures in whatever universe they inhabit?

Just because you and 7th don't give a shit about story doesn't meant you shouldn't at least try to empathize with those who do.
I guess they're saying it's like a Darth Vader spoiler at this point.

cajunator

Banned
Also, K-on is occasionally funny, but mostly, its just cute slice of life. Its yummy dessert cakes and ice cream anime. Its feelgood stuff, like junkfood. theres nothing wrong with junkfood in moderation. Im not claiming its a masterpiece, just that its FUN and I would like to remind people that the point of entertainment is to have fun and be entertained. SOme of us like to be entertained with little chipmunk girls doing silly things . Nothing has to happen. There need not be any plot. Life doesnt have a plot either, it just happens. enjoy the ride yo.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Also, K-on is occasionally funny, but mostly, its just cute slice of life. Its yummy dessert cakes and ice cream anime. Its feelgood stuff, like junkfood. theres nothing wrong with junkfood in moderation. Im not claiming its a masterpiece, just that its FUN and I would like to remind people that the point of entertainment is to have fun and be entertained. SOme of us like to be entertained with little chipmunk girls doing silly things . Nothing has to happen. There need not be any plot. Life doesnt have a plot either, it just happens. enjoy the ride yo.

I'm pretty sure you summed up why I hate K-On. Thank you! One way or another you serve the public good cajun.

Sengoku Collection 15

Two already seen girls fight among themselves feeding each other spicy food til Nobunga steps in and they all eat spicy cake with spicy tea.

At the very least, this episode had some of the most impressive backgrounds and non character focus animations yet.

Also:
J7LZ4.jpg
Yep, this show has jump the time and space shark.

cajunator

Banned
Just because you and 7th don't give a shit about story doesn't meant you shouldn't at least try to empathize with those who do.

I do give a shit about stories. I enjoy a well-told story sometimes.
I have anime that tell elaborate stories alongside the pointless ones. Thats the beauty of being an animu collector. You dont have to restrict yourself to one or the other. And I never have.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Is Super Smash Bros. canon to the corresponding Nintendo universes?

Seriously, this question has been nagging me for years.
Super Smash Brothers takes place in an unnamed person*'s head, it's all an elaborate fantasy. The intro to SSB proves this.

(a nintendo fanboy evidently)

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
I have anime that tell elaborate stories alongside the pointless ones. Thats the beauty of being an animu collector. You dont have to restrict yourself to one or the other. And I never have.
Fuck it. You're always in your own little world without a care for anyone or anything.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
I'm pretty sure that in one of the MGS games, Snake talks about how he made out with Samus. Or maybe that was Other M.
At least Smash 64 made sense given how it was just a kid playing with his toys.

How about Melee and Brawl? Is the Smash universe connected through a wormhole to the StarFox one, hence why we have so many of their characters? What about The Legend of Zelda? That series is supposed to take place in different timelines, but you have Toon Link and TP Link coexisting together. Did Ganondorf open a rift in time when entering the Sacred Realm? Why was Ridley draining Pikachu's power in The Subspace Emissary? Is he the anime Pikachu? Why does Red only have three Pokeymen? Is it all a virtual reality session set by the Patriots for Snake to train in? why why why

cajunator

Banned
Super Smash Brothers takes place in an unnamed person*'s head, it's all an elaborate fantasy. The intro to SSB proves this.

(a nintendo fanboy evidently)

Yes. the statues/figurines turn into each character in the intro at the beginning. The whole thing is dreamed up imagination. It was brilliant.

OceanBlue

I think Hitokage is referring to the Fresh Precure spoilers, not you guys talking about K-On.

Ultimadrago

Gunslinger Girl 2

We begin with a lengthy straight up recap of Henrietta's mission from last time. Why?

The show decides to give the user an extra perspective on the hurdles the girls face with their modified bodies. The physical and mental conditioning they are put through is made for ruthless killers, which actively ignores the stability of the current host (in terms of longevity). If one goes bad, "Meet Lucy" and so on, as is common with these government operated stunts.

She actually came very close to stabbing a waiter because he picked up a knife to put away. I laughed, but the scene is showing just how unstable in the head some of the gun girls can turn out.

Giuse counters some of the training and straight-minded instruction with some more intimate discussion, not unlike an older brother. It makes me wonder why a guy with such heart decided to work with foul suits.

Overall, I liked what the episode was doing, but was it impossible to cover it under new material? We get a few minutes of recycle from the previous episode. Episode 1 was a blanket for this episode to warm itself under. The emotions work better due to the existence of the first, but that still connects it strongly to the first. Now that we have covered even more of the Giuse-Henrietta team. I am sure the following will be based around someone else.

It makes me curious of the elements that the back story and partner relationships of the others as Henrietta served as a stand for the basics of the lifestyle and the limitations it brings. The only major one I see left within the organization is "Partner Troubles/Abuse". I look forward to seeing how they'll present that subject!

7Th

So -
will Cure Echo show up in any future properties? And do people actually know about Precures in whatever universe they inhabit?

Cure Echo may show up in future DX movies but not in the actual shows. And it depends on the show. EVERYONE knew both the Precure and their secret identities in Fresh, nobody even knows that Precure exist in Smile because they're trapped in the BAD END trance-like state.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Cure Echo may show up in future DX movies but not in the actual shows. And it depends on the show. EVERYONE knew both the Precure and their secret identities in Fresh, nobody even knows that Precure exist in Smile because they're trapped in the BAD END trance-like state.
So
what is the point of Cure Echo? Mascot for the movie? She really does seem like a throwaway character. lol

Dresden

Is A Certain Magical Index worth watching?

Sounds like it.

"Many series shoot for Index's mixture of action, drama, comedy and (yes) romance; very few actually hit it. Even fewer hit it this hard."

Overall (sub) : B+
Story : B+
Animation : B
Art : B+
Music : B

+ Strong characters, fun relationships, and intelligently-constructed conflicts combine for a blazing good, often powerful action series.

7Th

So
what is the point of Cure Echo? Mascot for the movie? She really does seem like a throwaway character. lol

She is a throwaway character; Toei has been doing that shit with the Kamen Rider/Sentai crossover movies for years now.

7th: Because we all speak Thai.

My point is that Toei doesn't hide it. At this point, all advertisement for Fresh Precure will prominently feature
Cure Passion
. Not to mention that she appears in yearly crossover movies.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
That's Big Boss
Oh whatever. lol

Sounds like it.

"Many series shoot for Index's mixture of action, drama, comedy and (yes) romance; very few actually hit it. Even fewer hit it this hard."

+ Strong characters, fun relationships, and intelligently-constructed conflicts combine for a blazing good, often powerful action series.

Is this the new thing now? Quote ANN reviews? :p

She is a throaway character; Toei has been doing that shit with the Kamen Rider/Sentai crossover movies for years now.
I almost feel bad for her. lol

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Melee is just SSB fanfiction, it doesn't have to make sense.

Ditto SSBB.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Battle Atheletes - 13

Kris has her eyes on the prize! Akari is starting to become a bit more agresive in character. If this keeps up she'll turn into another Jessie, which would suck.

7Th

7th: Toei is also a rampant spoiler machine in episode previews and titles. Doesn't make it entirely ok.

All I'm saying is that it's impossible to even Google "Fresh Precure" without being spoiled about
Cure Passion.
Since Precure are literally merchandise machines, Toei can't keep them hidden. They must be seen and bought by little girls everywhere.

cajunator

Banned
Fuck it. You're always in your own little world without a care for anyone or anything.

Yes, I am in my own little world. Its probably because Im borderline autistic and see things from an odd perspective, but anime is my escape from the real world. Its my happy fun time. The only thing serious about anime is the large amount of money I have to spend enjoying it and the related merchandise. It is my escape from work, from stress, and from life. It is my Mana. Anime is my salvation.

Sounds like it.

I didnt realize it had lots of stuff I like beyond just one or two of the characters Ive seen occasionally. Ill make plans to see it dubbed I guess, now that I see its funis.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Yes, I am in my own little world. Its probably because Im borderline autistic and see things from an odd perspective, but anime is my escape from the real world. Its my happy fun time. The only thing serious about anime is the large amount of money I have to spend enjoying it and the related merchandise. It is my escape from work, from stress, and from life. It is my Mana. Anime is my salvation.
Do you realise this is gonna go straight into SOS?
Think the positive side of all this. You get to have your own themesong an evil lair and a cool cape and a new shiny monocle.
HITOHITOHITOHITOHITO
HITOKAGE
THE BANHAMMER

cajunator

Banned
All I'm saying is that it's impossible to even Google "Fresh Precure" without being spoiled about
Cure Passion.
Since Precure are literally merchandise machines, Toei can't keep them hidden. They must be seen and bought by little girls everywhere.

This is true. what I said earlier. I was curious about the show and shes featured prominently within three pictures from the beginning in google search. Thats just looking up "Fresh PRecure" with no other identifying factors. She was cute and you know my typical reaction to such things, so my HDD quickly gained a few pics of her. Same thing with precure suite and Precure Smile when I first heard about it. This was all official artwork too. They werent trying very hard to hide her identity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom