• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT| Goddesses, canines, and killer MMOs!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sentai got Seikon no Qwaser

North American anime licensing company Sentai Filmworks announced on Sunday that it acquired the Qwaser of Stigmata television anime series. Both television seasons and the original video anime will be available through digital outlets and on uncut, subtitled DVD later this year.

Cant wait to rehear Sasha (Alex) and tremble and prostrate yourself before me in fear.

Jex

Sakasama no Patema: Beginning of the Day

You know, for some reason this reminds me of something else:

NausicaaCompare8.png
NausicaaCompare9.png

NausicaaCompare6.png

NausicaaComparea2.png
NausicaaComparea1.png

NausicaaComparea7.png
NausicaaComparea3.png

A brief explanation for the shots above - In Nausicaa, Nausicaa is the daughter of the local leader, she's loved by her people and she enters the scene from above to speak some subjects. In Patema, Patema is the daughter of the local leader, she's respect by her people and she enters the scene from above to talk to them.

NausicaaComparea5.png
NausicaaComparexa4.png

This comparison is really pushing it, but I do find it amusing that both Nausicca and Patema have a clear interest in science and have rooms that feature plants.

1stStrike

Banned
I'm up to episode 7 on this. Really enjoying the characters thus far, and the introduction of Ami-chan threw an interesting twist into the mix. I get some Chidori (FMP) vibes from Ami-chan at times, especially with the blue hair and radical change in personality.

Looking forward to seeing where this goes. Also, Taiga's eyes are amazing.

toradora.jpg

Dat pouty look. Hnggg.

LFF

Neo Member
Sakasama no Patema: Beginning of the Day

You know, for some reason this reminds me of something else:

What's the name of that other anime there? Edit: Didn't think to check the image name. Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind

I'm looking forward to Sakasama no Patema, only because I really enjoyed Time of Eve.

Saint Seiya Omega 14
959532-6QFR3EK.gif

Yuna is quite boring. Its like the action and intensity is there to make it watchable but she just fails to deliver. She even took a Kouga trait and tried to be cool...
Meaningful characters that she has defeated is still actually 0, and instead of staying she ran away from Palvin :/, why. The teamwork attack though looked actually somewhat decent.

Painful wait for the next episode with a series break.

Ultimadrago

Space Brothers 14

Well, just to put it out there, I'm not big on the new OP.

The narrative in this episode pulls the spotlight onto a different candidates on the ship. It's a nice move considering the situation. Instead of Mutta being rivaled with just other faces, this direction it gives more weight to the competition. This might make Mutta's end result more effective to witness by the end of it all. Anyways, looking forward to the next.

Jex

[Sakasama no Patema: Beginning of the Day]- 2

This seems quite a bit more, anime than Time of Eve. At least, from these short little mini-episodes. That's not exactly what I expected but I remain cautiously optimistic about the project as a whole.

duckroll

What exactly is Beginning of the Day anyway? Is it part of the movie? Is it the prologue to the movie? Is it a prequel to the movie?

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
What exactly is Beginning of the Day anyway? Is it part of the movie? Is it the prologue to the movie? Is it a prequel to the movie?

It's the prologue. I'm not sure whether it'll be included in the complete thing or not.

Jex

[Sakasama no Patema: Beginning of the Day] - 3

That was, er, more literal than I had imagined. It's been a while since I've seen a movie with an obvious 'hook' before.

Narag

Time Jam: Valerian & Laureline 1

I think I'm really going to like this. Others have touched on it being an adaptation of Valérian and Laureline and a Satelight co-production so no real need to add to that. Between the first episode and the next couple that I've watched casually, this show is really charming. I really dig the dub (except for
aaaaaaaa
) and the tone of the show. Its like this optimistic sense of adventure where it's not a question whether or not the hero will overcome his obstacles but how.
Misplacing the Earth is something of a big obstacle but there's enough foreshadowing in the first episode to hint it wasn't entirely Valerian's fault.
. Comedic elements and the heavy banter in this went a long way and I hope they're retained as staples to bridge the action pieces as they were used in the first episode. I'm also hoping Laureline remains a strong female lead throughout.

Our hero, Valerian, who might just happen to be an adventurous womanizer!

Our heroine, Laureline, who looks to be hot enough to attract him yet strong enough lead to fend him off.

Dresden

Oreimo 12

Unsung hero in this show is the mother eager to embarrass family members. 3-D Custom Imouto sounds a fairly innocuous game title.

I'll finish the true route later but I'll give some brief thoughts on the tv series proper. I started this thinking it was going to be pretty bad given reactions I've seen here and there. Curiosity got the better of me but I was treated to a hilarious surprise. I really liked enjoyed the cast and their antics no matter how out there they ended up. I can fully empathize with folk that didn't like it due to having crazy little sisters of their own so I've little doubt I'd be of a similar opinion if I did, but seeing as I didn't, this shit was great. Bring on season 2!

In closing, Kirino > Kuroneko.

oh god why

Jex

Oreimo 12

Unsung hero in this show is the mother eager to embarrass family members. 3-D Custom Imouto sounds a fairly innocuous game title.[...]

Remember everyone, this is what Fate/Stay Night does to people.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Oreimo 12

Unsung hero in this show is the mother eager to embarrass family members. 3-D Custom Imouto sounds a fairly innocuous game title.

I'll finish the true route later but I'll give some brief thoughts on the tv series proper. I started this thinking it was going to be pretty bad given reactions I've seen here and there. Curiosity got the better of me but I was treated to a hilarious surprise. I really liked enjoyed the cast and their antics no matter how out there they ended up. I can fully empathize with folk that didn't like it due to having crazy little sisters of their own so I've little doubt I'd be of a similar opinion if I did, but seeing as I didn't, this shit was great. Bring on season 2!

((((;゚Д゚)))))) Granted, I don't have the vile hate of Kirino that others have, but I'm way more down on Kuroneko than Kirino. Kirino's a little too stubborn. >>;

Fate/Stay Night does lots of things to lots of people. None of them good. >>;

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Oreimo 12

Weird... I'm looking at what you said in bold, but it's just not registering.

jman2050

Oreimo 12

I dislike Oreimo cause I don't think it's funny. I don't have a little sister (thank god for that).

Even still, the bolded is lulz.

I'm up to episode 7 on this. Really enjoying the characters thus far, and the introduction of Ami-chan threw an interesting twist into the mix. I get some Chidori (FMP) vibes from Ami-chan at times, especially with the blue hair and radical change in personality.

Dat pouty look. Hnggg.

Welcome to the family fellow Toradorabro. Hopefully you end up on the right team by the end.

Apparently at a talk event for Natsuyuki Rendezvous, Yuichi Nakamura said that these is 11 episodes long. Sounds like noitaminA is going back to the 11 ep format this season in that case, and Moyashimon Returns should be 11 episodes too. Too bad. :(

While a bit unfortunate, given the relatively short length of the Natsuyuki manga (4 volumes complete), there shouldn't be the "Oh shit gotta wrap this up now!" rush that sometimes happens.

Of course, noitaminA will never be able to escape the 11-episode expectations that have been attached to it. Even after Tsuritama has finished, some people are still convinced it was only 11 episodes.

Tsruitama – Finale

For an eleven episode series...

oh god why

((((;゚Д゚)))))) Granted, I don't have the vile hate of Kirino that others have, but I'm way more down on Kuroneko than Kirino. Kirino's a little too stubborn. >>;

Weird... I'm looking at what you said in bold, but it's just not registering.

I dislike Oreimo cause I don't think it's funny. I don't have a little sister (thank god for that).

Even still, the bolded is lulz.

Who cares about those 2? It's all about that Manami.

Brazil

Sankarea 9

Episode 8 was the last thing I watched before taking a break from anime a couple of weeks ago... So I wasn't looking forward to this at all. And it's still boring - but at least it's a different boring.

I'll remember this episode in a positive light because of the scene
in which Mero called Rea "mama",
because it was cute as a puppy.

Ultimadrago

Campoine! 1

nmf9y.png

"The power of young female bodies...it buuuurns me!"

This was standard. Nothing better or worse than one would come to expect from a "guy falls into something larger than himself" story. There's even some 2-D driving (since that's an occurrence worthy of note). The entire bedroom scene was pretty terrible, however. I never get much kicks out of the guy who's legitimately afraid of female bodies routine. Anyways, the interpretation of gods as giants might make for some nice battler sequences in the future. Maybe some "run up the side" here and some "jump off dragon onto a giant eyebrow there." It also has the potential to turn into extremely stale beam spamming and unsightly magic circles.

It's unlikely that I'll be able to follow along due to a heavy backlog as well as a couple of Summer shows planned, but I'll skim through Dakku's impressions (and DTL's too because those are funny.)

Also, Archer, you need to be reminded:
Eat your heart out
though your rival does lack variety.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Of course, noitaminA will never be able to escape the 11-episode expectations that have been attached to it. Even after Tsuritama has finished, some people are still convinced it was only 11 episodes.

So Tsuritama is an 11-episode series, but there are 12 episodes. Clearly, one of those episodes is the cursed Extra Episode and, unless we can discover which episode this is, it's going to keep killing other episodes until there are none left. A truly frightening proposition.

After all the Natsu no Arashi talk I think I will rewatch it.

And I can't say no to tall girls with hime cut and long skirts.

Good man. I'd be up for a rewatch too if I wasn't so far behind on all of my current watches.

Lain

Oreimo 12

Nakama!

Narag

Sailor Moon SuperS 129

Dead Moon Circus is a fabulous name wasted on this bunch. It's hard to live up to the Dark Kingdom or Death Busters though. Really glad to see characters being revisited as well as its associated plot point. It seemed S got away from that although admittedly it would have dragged the show down as the new cast was more than enough.

Pegasus is so cool.

Poor Artemis & Luna.

Brazil

Natsuiro Kiseki 10

How dense can the girls' younger versions be?
How do you simply forget something like that? Unbelievable, hahaha. And the rock is such a troll. It freaking... Created a rift in time to bring the girls together because of their wishes.

That raises so many questions related to this show's time travel mechanics.

Bwahaha.

Wait... Huh? The real thing?

Jex

While a bit unfortunate, given the relatively short length of the Natsuyuki manga (4 volumes complete), there shouldn't be the "Oh shit gotta wrap this up now!" rush that sometimes happens.

I only remember eleven episodes.

Grzi

toradora.jpg

Dat pouty look. Hnggg.

Taiga is the best.
DA BEST.

Unrelated, but I should check out Time Jam. Hmmm...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom