• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT| Goddesses, canines, and killer MMOs!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeey, 18 episodes in Clannad, good plot and characters up until now. 1 annoyance tho:
whats up with Fuuko spawning at random times? Its getting very repetitive and she's becoming annoying :/

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
10 - FAVOURITE ANIMUS EVER (Gurren Lagann, Utena)
09 - Sooooo good, but had some awful parts. (Diebuster)
08 - Thoroughly enjoyed it; might talk about it on animeGAF some time. (Hanasaku Iroha)
07 - Competent but not particularly memorable (Cyborg 009)
06 - I liked it and hated it in equal amounts (Macross Fucktier)
05 - This was bad and I watched it for the irony (Denpa Onna)
04 - No redeeming features whatsoever (Beyblade)
03 - Why would you do that? (Digimon Adventure 02 :()
02 - George Lucas raped my childhood (Final Fantasy XIII)
01 - Somebody has me at gunpoint and it's the only reason I'm watching this (one of the incest shows)
00 - IT PHYSICALLY PAINS ME TO WATCH THIS (Bakemonogatari)

That was hilarious to read.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Yuri is for the weak.

iP9GQ081WGlmb.gif

Trying not to overuse the Yuru gifs.

Reknoc

Smile Precure 2 + 3

Cure Sunny's charge up soundeffect is the same one as the one in Skies of Arcadia when you use focus to charge your CP.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
You rate shows you have yet to finish?

also

this must be what :firehawk feels like.
Yeah, when I started I figured I'd just update as the season progressed. Now, I just dump every show from a given season onto the list and leave it at that. lol
Certainly I'm not watching everything on my watching list anyway!

And yes, Aria with the perfect 10s. lol

Jex

[Hyouka] - 14

This show manages to make a fairly low-key cooking competition interesting and yet all it's mysteries are completely boring. How odd. Hopefully this doesn't mean the show reverts to being uninteresting once we get past the school festival arc.

As usual, the direction and animation in this episode were a pleasure to look at. The series always excels in these areas, and it usually excels to levels that most other shows only wish they could achieve. I would have watched the show simply for the basis of that however the material they've adapted early was too dull for me to appreciate what they're doing.

Economic Negotiation Showdown! Horizon II 03

dR0H8.gif

Right through the screen.

A talking episode. Talking everywhere. Sure there was mecha girl with the big boobs trying to dual knife her boytoy and the yet another big chested girl appears. But, most of the episode was a negotiation over food that involved bowing, figure skating bowing and everyone else chatting among themselves.

Lacking on the action, but it was still decently entertaining for some reason.

cajunator

Banned
Economic Negotiation Showdown! Horizon II 03

dR0H8.gif

Right through the screen.

A talking episode. Talking everywhere. Sure there was mecha girl with the big boobs trying to dual knife her boytoy and the yet another big chested girl appears. But, most of the episode was a negotiation over food that involved bowing, figure skating bowing and everyone else chatting among themselves.

Lacking on the action, but it was still decently entertaining for some reason.

I watched one episode of the first season and it didn't really hook me. Is there something awesome I missed that I should try to watch this again?
My friend was super excited to watch the first episode of the second season so there has to be something to it.

Ultimadrago

[Hyouka] - 14

This show manages to make a fairly low-key cooking competition interesting and yet all it's mysteries are completely boring. How odd. Hopefully this doesn't mean the show reverts to being uninteresting once we get past the school festival arc.

As usual, the direction and animation in this episode were a pleasure to look at. The series always excels in these areas, and it usually excels to levels that most other shows only wish they could achieve. I would have watched the show simply for the basis of that however the material they've adapted early was too dull for me to appreciate what they're doing.

A voice of [largely] great reason has finally returned.

Praise the Eternal Buddha.

I watched one episode of the first season and it didn't really hook me. Is there something awesome I missed that I should try to watch this again?
My friend was super excited to watch the first episode of the second season so there has to be something to it.

The series pretty much shifts into much more action-y among other things after the first four episodes.

The first four or so were more world and character building with the weirdest method of story telling yet.

You have to make it to the third episode or so for the actual serious events to kick in and the plot to reach intense status, it just took awhile to finally introduce lots of the concepts, but it is rewarding if you can endure it.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.

I watched the first day, which is about five episodes I think. I just then didn't have the incentive to carry on watching. No idea why. It's not like it was a bad show, I just didn't feel compelled to continue with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom