• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT| Goddesses, canines, and killer MMOs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultimadrago

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/darkside1337

LTTP because I actually sleep and all but just in case you guys wanted to see what greatness looks like.

Your avatar already places your name into the Book of Life.

Anime compatibility with Ultimadrago is:
Extremely High
86.5%
kdG16.jpg
tbKqO.jpg

New NAKAMA have been spotted!

cajunator

Banned
The series pretty much shifts into much more action-y among other things after the first four episodes.

The first four or so were more world and character building with the weirdest method of story telling yet.

There were hints of some fun action and craziness in there but I guess I will give it three episodes and see. Can't hurt.

DiGiKerot

Precure AllStars New Stage

As always, I went into this movie properly prepaired...

DHDzU.jpg

I seem to have utilised my Miracle Light improperly, however, as whilst Cure Black certainly appeared on cue, she seemed to be curiously mute...

I don't know, AllStars is a bit of a misnomer for the movie given it mostly focuses on Cure Temporary, there's precious little Heartcatch, and characters prior to Fresh didn't even get so much as stock dialogue. I kind of feel that there wasn't even enough Smile either, even though that series is what the movie was presumably intended to promote.

It was pretty OK, though. I'm not sure how much of that is the sheer awfulness of the Suite Precure movie talking, mind you. Unlike Suite, this at least had some sporadically neat animation and some nice fight scenes. There was also this weird tendency through the movie for no-one to specifically mention exactly how many Cures there were which I took as an amusing running joke about how ludicrous the expanding cast is getting. It's diverting fluff, and honestly, I don't really ask for too much more than magical girls punching things from these movies, and since I also got a headbutt thrown in, I guess I can elevate it's status to "Fun".

It's well below the high watermark of the Heartcatch movie, though. Probably not as entertaining as last years Allstars DX3 either, though that realised that the best way to do these Allstar movies is just to make it one long action scene with franchise fan-service thrown inbetween (though New Stage did at least have a ton of background cameos to spot). It was, however, way better than Allstars DX2.

(I drew at Peace Janken: Movie Edition)

Jex

[Rinne no Largrange S2] - 1

A rather boring episode, marred further by an extremely bizarre fanservice/Lan abuse scene that, if you really sit down and think about it, was also extremely illogical. It was kind of creepy, too.

[Rinne no Largrange S2] - 2

Ah, extremely bland space politics. Excuse me while I drop this show.

I watched one episode of the first season and it didn't really hook me. Is there something awesome I missed that I should try to watch this again?
My friend was super excited to watch the first episode of the second season so there has to be something to it.

It's pure unrestrained insanity. That's why it's fun.

24 Minutes Ad for that New Naruto Movie Naruto SD 17

sOjhd.gif

This is true love people.

Yeah, both acts were somehow related to that new Naruto movie. The first act got boring first. The character swapping was cool when they appeared but it everything just started getting stale.

Part two was a lot better. It was nice to see different movie ideas from the American hero, true love, moe dogs and Shino probably speaking the most ever in the series.

DiGiKerot

In the era when the entertainment is prohibited, there was an idol group who send out the guerrilla lives, not looking back their danger. Yes, they are "AKB0048". "AKB48" kept shining as a legendary idol, just before the earth downfalls. It's a story of hyper galaxy idol group which inherits them by succeeding their name.

Even AKB0048's box copy is a thing of amazement.

Jex

[Jinrui] - 4

While this was technically better than the third episode, by which I mean better constructed in terms of direction and editing, it still felt rather...perfunctory. Devoting any amount of time to a discussion of the manga industry just reeks of creative bankruptcy and yet this show has dedicated two episodes to that concept.

It's not very interesting, nor is it particularly funny and I do not approve.

Gintamen

Rinne no Lagrange Season 2 - 03 Part2
Only now I realize why Madoka had that round hologram on the back of her hips. To complete the bunny costume. :eek:

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
What about Konatsu....

Konatsu is a piece of shit character who's so called "passion" of singing is laughable. Willing to give up so easily, with no consideration to her friends who she's dragged along for her own purpose.. she's done everything she could to earn my hate.

She should thank whatever higher being she praises that Sawa is in her life. If her friend wasn't there for her when things got tough, this show would've ended at episode 2.

Dresden

Konatsu is a piece of shit character who's so called "passion" of singing is laughable. Willing to give up so easily, with no consideration to her friends who she's dragged along for her own purpose.. she's done everything she could to earn my hate.

Having a drooping wax face is another cause for concern.

and then produce a movie coming off the anime based on the manga based on a game which itself is based off a game...which recently had a bad anime.

Time to let Aniplex know what's up.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
24 Minutes Ad for that New Naruto Movie Naruto SD 17

This is true love people.

Yeah, both acts were somehow related to that new Naruto movie. The first act got boring first. The character swapping was cool when they appeared but it everything just started getting stale.

Part two was a lot better. It was nice to see different movie ideas from the American hero, true love, moe dogs and Shino probably speaking the most ever in the series.

I haven't seen the SD episodes yet, but I'll check out ep 17 if we got a yandere Hinata on the loose.

so the Persona 4 fighting game is getting a manga... they should make an anime for it, and then have another manga adapting the anime of the manga of the game based on another game.

I'll welcome an anime of this so I can get more animated Akihiko goodness.

I haven't seen the SD episodes yet, but I'll check out ep 17 if we got a yandere Hinata on the loose.

It's only a short segment. Though we do get a different version of Hinata in the first act so Hinata changes for everyone.

Taruranto

Fantastic Children - 5

I'm falling in love with this anime more and more. <3 The episode its mostly a break from the previous ones and it looks like things are going to get slower from now on. I like Thoma's reaction to Hilda attitude, it makes sense. Did i also mention how fantastic and atmospheric is the OST? Yes? Well, i shall mention it again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqFy9S_3L14

My MAL profile: http://myanimelist.net/profile/Ero-Cook

Had to do some (seriously late) spring cleaning on my lists. It's still not even close to being up to date so don't freak out. ;)

My compatability with firehawk12 is 79.9%.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5ffr78mff1qgafnno1_250.gif[/IG]

Nice work Rose Council![/QUOTE]

Fairy Tail as a favorite manga?! yes please!

Just realized I failed to add all the pokemon movies I saw. Were there two with Palkia and Dialga or just one?

wsippel

Banned
I watched one episode of the first season and it didn't really hook me. Is there something awesome I missed that I should try to watch this again?
My friend was super excited to watch the first episode of the second season so there has to be something to it.
Took me a while to get hooked as well, though I liked the premise and scenario, so keeping at it wasn't too hard. Show has strange and very likable characters, lots of insane ideas and very well done action scenes.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Go read a real book.
I mean, i like videogames plot, don't misunderstand me, but this doesn't make them well written or anything. Except Planescape.

Okay, I don't think you understand the difference between writing, plot, and script. Though script and writing are usually one in the same. But yeah. Assassin's Creed has excellent writing and a narrative mythos that's very well-thought out.

Eh, Assassin's Creed really isn't the first thing I think of when it comes to video games with great script, especially after the first one

It definitely isn't FFXIII. That's for sure.

Haha, good one.

Seriously?

What the hell? Does everyone think Assassin's Creed is just ass or something?

Dresden

Okay, I don't think you understand the difference between writing, plot, and script. Though script and writing are usually one in the same. But yeah. Assassin's Creed has excellent writing and a narrative mythos that's very well-thought out.

Wait, you weren't joking?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom