• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT| Goddesses, canines, and killer MMOs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

survivor

Banned
Smile Precure body pillows
0t2Uw.jpg

I wanna get the Yayoi one

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I'm more curious about what sort of manga qualify under "camouflage wife" and "yesterday's foe, today's homo"
I assume camouflage wife is the Japanese version of "beard". "yesterday's foe, today's homo" implies coming out of the closet.

For some reason that jacket screams BlazBlue.
Y is that classy.

We'll work on it! lol
Just watch Aria and give it a 10. lol

black queen x white queen. just think of the hate fucks
XWi6M.jpg

trejo

Sorry I come off that way. I just get irritated when I'm wronged and people accuse of me stuff that I didn't do. Unfortunately it's a habit I built from childhood so I get super upset when that situation arises, which is why I was like that earlier. Anyway, who's doomed1?

It's cool, bro. We all still somehow get along anyway. Such is the path nakamas must walk.

And Doomed1 is Doomed1.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
It's cool, bro. We all still somehow get along anyway. Such is the path nakamas must walk.

And Doomed1 is Doomed1.

I don't think I've ever seen him on GAF. Do I just never run into him? T_T lolz. Anyway, Excited for E7AO. two more days!!!

Toriko 1

So I guess this Tina person is hanging around then, considering she shows up in the OP and the preview for the next episode. I wonder whose idea she was, and if they put her in because the series has like 5 women and have the combined panel time of a filler monster of the week.
Her gourmet news segment is informative but isnt she actually in the Manga?

cajunator

Banned
It Hinata is a yandere her character just became a lot more interesting.

Yandere's make everything taste better!

Took me a while to get hooked as well, though I liked the premise and scenario, so keeping at it wasn't too hard. Show has strange and very likable characters, lots of insane ideas and very well done action scenes.

It seems to have potential (by my standard) so I will give it a few more episodes.

Yes, so the stories are only good... in their mind.

I have this problem, so I just draw. It works out much better that way.

Where are their feet?

Where indeed, Chet.

Jarmel

Banned
One can be a brilliant writer and have horrible premises/conceptions/mythos for stories dude. The vice versa is true. I think sometimes there are imaginative and creative people out there who can tell awesome stories but suck at writing.

I didn't know you were writing a biography for Lucas.

Joule

Yuruyuri s2 4:
Kind of a ho hum episode but I liked the C part of the episode and the final gag a lot. Akari is the best various ways.

Tari Tari 4:
zpsVz.jpg

Muchacha! I found that part so very amusing. Wien is the man.
As expected after the Condor Queens introduction last episode, they played a large role in this one. Their relationship with Wakana's mother revealed that she was a big influence on their music. She really is the figure that is linking all the background parts of the plot together. The scene with her and young Wakana humming away was cute.

Konatsu's quite an easy distracted girl isn't she. Sawa (her childhood self in the intro was really cute) being the good friend sets her straight with some nonchalant support from the Condor Queens. Wakana did her part too though it was a little strange but I guess all that cake is slowly winning her favour. By the end of it they're on track with another performance though very low key.

It's another fun episode. A good blend of silly antics and character progression. There seems to be some romantic hinting going on but I wonder if it'll go in that direction all. I'm keen to see what next episodes intro will be for Wien's past. I'm also awaiting Wakana's entry into the choir club for real as Ayahi Takagaki her VA has a nice singing voice. The show is also 4/4 episode for the musical aspect appearing in some shape.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Can't I just do that with Stratos 4 and Sora no Woto? :p
Sora no Woto is a 10 too!

Tari Tari 4:
It's another fun episode. A good blend of silly antics and character progression. There seems to be some romantic hinting going on but I wonder if it'll go in that direction all. I'm keen to see what next episodes intro will be for Wien's past. I'm also awaiting Wakana's entry into the choir club for real as Ayahi Takagaki her VA has a nice singing voice. The show is also 4/4 episode for the musical aspect appearing in some shape.
I do find it amusing that they seem to practice more here than they have in 3 seasons of Glee. lol
Dude hitting the falsetto so quickly was kind of amusing too.

Joule

I do find it amusing that they seem to practice more here than they have in 3 seasons of Glee. lol
Dude hitting the falsetto so quickly was kind of amusing too.

More than 2 seasons of K-On.
Some of this stuff reminds me of choir back in elementary school :lol

Taruranto

I won't hear a word against Nier and its brain damaged older brother Drakengard. Would that all stories might aspire to such heights.

Drakengard was putrid shit that used "shocking" themes like incest and cannibalism to hide the fact that the plot had nothing interesting going and the characters were shit. I dunno about Nier, though i heard good things.

Jrpg in general have shounen-jump level writing. I mean, my favorite are Xenogears and P2, but i don't go around calling them a masterpiece of writing, they have great plots... for a videogame, but compared compared to real stuffs the writing is on shounen-jump level.

Dresden

Drakengard was putrid shit that used "shocking" themes like incest and cannibalism to hide the fact that the plot had nothing interesting going and the characters were shit.

Jrpg in general have shounen-jump level writing. I mean, my favorite are Xenogears and P2, but i don't go around calling them a masterpiece of writing, they have great plots... for a videogame, but compared compared to real stuffs the writing is on shounen-jump level.

you know what else has shonen jump level writing?

shonen jump.

Reknoc

Oh, so that's whose she is. I saw her in the new ED and was wondering how far the anime had to be to have someone I didn't recognize.

Looking it up, she seems to be have been an anime original but made a cameo appearance in like chapter 145.

Yea, I just checked and she's in a crowd shot with her bird thing near the start of the chapter.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Drakengard was putrid shit that used "shocking" themes like incest and cannibalism to hide the fact that the plot had nothing interesting going and the characters were shit. I dunno about Nier, though i heard good things.

The real stuffs? Seriously dude? Come on.

Toriko 1

So I guess this Tina person is hanging around then, considering she shows up in the OP and the preview for the next episode. I wonder whose idea she was, and if they put her in because the series has like 5 women and have the combined panel time of a filler monster of the week.

She gets some screen time, but she never does anything of note and after a while is limited to a post-credits segment.

You saying shounen jump stuff has bad writing!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom