• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT| Goddesses, canines, and killer MMOs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Meat >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Yozora. There isn't even any competition..

Definitely!

haganai-02.jpg

Dresden

I've created a monster! Is Jexhius' return to Hyouka a good omen? Or a bad omen? Only time will tell!

first Accel World, now Hyouka, what next???

One gets the feeling horrible things are in store for our intrepid Jexhius. The third time is where the devil's bargain strikes, etc, etc. UFOs.

cajunator

Banned
Speaking of Hyouka's godly visuals, there's one scene I really like in the fourteenth episode. It's the one where Mayaka (she seems to be the heroine of my favourite sceenes, for whatever reason) is dashing to get from the manga society to the cooking contest. I really like how lively and, forgive me, animated, her running is. I mean, it's no Millenium Actress or anything but it's still pretty damn great:

Hyouka141.jpg
Hyouka142.jpg

Hyouka143.jpg

This amazing, and brief, shot of an umbrella rack is just the icing on the cake:

Hyouka144.jpg

Damn those are some fine umbrellas.

Comparing ANYTHING to Millennium Actress is setting the bar really high. One of my favorite movies. It better live up to it.

Guys, is the Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai anime any good? Quick google search shows me it uses the inferior art style.

Why are there different versions anyways

By inferior you really meant superior I'm sure. Unless you are saying Denpa Onna has bad art too? No fucking way. NO FUCKING WAY.

Also, Haganai is on my watchlist. Somewhere.

jman2050

Buriki's designs own. AIC just completely failed at adapting them properly.

Just contrast it with SHAFT and Denpa Onna, which looks glorious.

El Sloth

Banned
I don't know what to tell you, Cajun.
That's the light novel art, which is still much better than the ugliness of the anime.
I'm a bit confused. Is there a difference between the comic and the light novel? That double page is from (what I thought was) the comic.

Edit: derp. Just realized you were talking about the 2nd pic. Nevermind.

Can't say I like the original light novel art all that much either.

Ultimadrago

Ace wo Nerae! 1 - 3

83tZ6.png

Hiromi = Kaoru-no-kimi + Nanako.
Ochoufujin = Miya-sama~ ... They're IDENTICAL.
Kyoko = That one girl who hated Nanako.

This show is awesome. Oni coachie is a fucking badass. The whole thing is so similar to Oniisama e it's not even funny, and I love that.

More Aim for the Ace! watching and Coachie praising and the occasionally often comparison to Oniisama e in the thread?

Yes please, Morro!.

cajunator

Banned

Oh I see what you mean now. so you don't hate the denpa Onna art style you just hate how it was used in Haganai. Seeing aS I havent watched Haganai I can only go by more flattering promo pictures, which closely resembles Denpa Onna, which is a fucking lovely looking show.

7Th

Shaft doesn't deserve the credit for Denpa Onna's designs; the actual animator that adapted them, Asako Nishida, does. People crediting character designs to studios rather than to character designers are the worst.

El Sloth

Banned
I'm disappointed in you, Yuriside.
Quick glance at Wiki says they were drawn by different people, so different styles I would assume.
Derp. I forget I have this great resource called the Internet sometimes.

Buriki did the art for the light novel and Itachi did it for the manga. I prefer Itachi's art.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Tales of the Seiya Omega 16
This is the part in a RPG where you have to take on a part-time job minigame before you get access to a boat to cross the sea. Are they making a Saint Seiya anime or a Golden Sun adaptation?

Filler episode, stay the fuck away.

Tales of the Seiya Omega 16

This is the part in a RPG where you have to take on a part-time job minigame before you get access to a boat to cross the sea. Are they making a Saint Seiya anime or a Golden Sun adaptation?

Filler episode, stay the fuck away.

Every part of Golden Sun was good! Thats an interesting use of the cosmos. I need to see this.

Jex

I think that looks really ugly and unattractive. The facial shape is kinda gross and the hair doesn't sit well on it at all. Trying to do "realistic" designs out of Type-Moon stuff = ROFLMAO.

The real message here is: don't even try and adapt a Type-Moon design. Just burn it and start from scratch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom