• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT| Goddesses, canines, and killer MMOs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewFresh

Dark Cat

Gave the dub a shot and it wasn't even the good kind of bad. It was just garbage with some weird additions. Music was even apparently removed in one scene.

Removing that distraction didn't really do the OVA any favors though. It's not all that engaging even with the almost interesting premise of the two brothers that can turn into cats and fight tentacle monsters. Perhaps if it was at the same time this might have been salvaged. Instead it's just boring. If I had to mention one positive, some of the creature design was appropriately unsettling. Mostly I'd say from overusage of phallic imagery.
Seriously, it's like if you're the least bit ill tempered, bam, you turn into a dick monster.

efCNc.png

2deep4u

It's the perfect pairing with Garzey's Wing!

trejo

Wagnaria Online 1-3

Wow, this show is fucking terrible. And yet, if I try really, really hard to ignore the retarded premise and all the stupid shit every character insists on doing it becomes a somewhat entertaining comedy with some occasionally fun action bits.

And yes, Kirito sucks, but he's nowhere near as unlikeable as moe Cartman. There, I said it.

Narag

I enjoyed this but man, it certainly reminded me of how cheap flash animation can look

Unfortunately, yeah. It's a step above what I was expecting but the bar was pretty low to begin with.

you cant blame the selling point for ruining a show

I can and I will! The lesson I'm learning is I think I actually like the sports anime part of this but I'd have been better off finding something less offensive to watch.

wonzo

Banned
I can and I will! The lesson I'm learning is I think I actually like the sports anime part of this but I'd have been better off finding something less offensive to watch.
Ginga e Kickoff!! is really the only sports show currently airing that's worth watching (ignoring it's on break for a month)

survivor

Banned

Why aren't you watching Kuroko's Basketball? It's the complete opposite of loli basketball.

Narag

Ro Kyu Bu 6

fucking hell at the lead-in to the commercial break. The second half of this episode shouldn't even exist. On top of that, I don't see why lolis need flashbacks to times when they were ... loli-er either.

kFVHo.gif

Kagami

I dunno, I guess I'm just missing something because I thought the Haganai anime look was great. Mind, I've never watched Denpa Onna. (I don't think it's on streaming anywhere.)
But I like raw Buriki, too (just bought Tsunpuri in ebook form yesterday), so it's not just a peculiar attachment to Haganai TV. I thought it recreated Buriki's style just fine.

cajunator

Banned
That bath scene and other stuff like it just ruins the show. We have a nice little story going on about the girl's basketball team than bam lolitime.

Yeah thats how I feel about ythe show too.
Im not a lolicon so Ive got no use for the fanservice.
Its just in the way of what is actually a good story.

I'd never really given sports anime all that much thought. Picking up the classy Princess Nine has caused me to be curious about what's out there.

Taisho Baseball Girls

Soma

Spice And Wolf 1-2
Hdx60.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_orCijfCO-c

I'm not sure why I started this today but I guess I just felt like it. It's been on my "kinda interested but not really super anxious to watch it" list for a while.

Anyhow I expected this to be boring as hell by the descriptions of the show but I find myself really drawn in by the setting and the atmosphere. It's very relaxing. Two episodes in and I think I'm a fan of Holo already. Lawrence seems like a pretty solid character as well. This will probably be a show I watch every now and then in between the other stuff on my backlog. I do like it so far though.

cajunator

Banned
Spice And Wolf 1-2
Hdx60.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_orCijfCO-c

I'm not sure why I started this today but I guess I just felt like it. It's been on my "kinda interested but not really super anxious to watch it" list for a while.

Anyhow I expected this to be boring as hell by the descriptions of the show but I find myself really drawn in by the setting and the atmosphere. It's very relaxing. Two episodes in and I think I'm a fan of Holo already. Lawrence seems like a pretty solid character as well. This will probably be a show I watch every now and then in between the other stuff on my backlog. I do like it so far though.

Of course you like Holo. Everybody is furry for Holo.

Instro

Dudu the Floatie

That was a cute story, and really good too. Probably the most enjoyable of the 4 Young Animator projects this time around for me, but they were all good.

Narag

Minding My Own Business

Last of the Young Animators Training Project for 2011, this is such a sad tale about bullying. I may have adored Buta and Dudu the Floatie but this is something else. Easily my pick as the best of the four.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
I like your outlook on life.

I like to think I'm the type of guy that looks up. Like when I'm walking up a flight of stairs, and an unsuspecting girl in a short skirt is walking several steps ahead of me.

Spice And Wolf 1-2

Enjoy it! Spice and Wolf is one of my very favorite shows. So much Holo trolling - so many money problems - sooo good.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Kickstart Spice and Wolf S3, with a special episode on the economics of Kickstarter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom